Cook Off Rules

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
The rules are as follows:

1. Any recipe is fine...one invented, cookbook, online whatever.

2. Post your recipe here...early in the week...so others may try it if they choose to.

3. Make your recipe and post your review and ranking here in this thread. (no points for own reviews but you may encourage others to try your recipe) If you made your dish early you can post your review at beginning of week.

4. If others try recipes please post review and ranking. (points may be awarded for outstanding reviews from others)

5. I will create a poll thread for the week and people will vote on the favorite recipe. The poll winners will each receive points based on place in poll.

6. Each week of the Cook Off a winner will be announced. A small prize will be sent to the winner.

Hope this helps!!!

Last edited:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
POST APPETIZER REVIEW

Is this the right place to post our reviews?

If so - I have a 4 star review -- and vote for -- the "Bean Nacho Bowls" appetizer recipe posted by orangesforadam! It was incredibly popular at a big pot luck dinner!

These appetizers are perfect in so many ways! They are delicious (AND healthy)! Appetizers are often eaten when someone is having wine or beer -- on an empty stomach! These appetizers are "substantial" -- without making you feel "junky" -- the way a bunch of potato chips would. Oh - I used the "baked" chips -- rather than the oil-covered, salt-covered, "fried" ones. Tasted great with all the other flavors!

They also look festive and tempting! I arranged them on a very large tray -- decorated with some flowers from the garden. Fresh greens for decoration would be equally good. Women commented on what a beautiful presentation it was! men happily gobbled them down!

In the check-out line, the woman behind me saw what I was buying -- and told me she makes them with a different variation sometimes. Sometimes she puts tiny bits of jalapeno peppers in the beans. Or a piece of chopped ripe tomato on top. That made me think of topping with a bit of avocado or sour cream or both.

Also -- it is vegetarian -- and avoids many allergy-causing foods! And - NOT expensive! This recipe is a KEEPER.

Last edited:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Sorry....I need to open the thread for the poll And reviews....will do so now.