COOKIE BAKING . . .

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I've been trying to decide if I should bake cookies this year. Yesterday I made a batch of Russian teacakes for church. It made me want to make cookies, so I think what I'll do is make one batch per day (don't really enjoy big cookie-baking marathons) and put it in the freezer. When I need a plate of cookies to serve or take somewhere, I'll take a few of each kind out of the freezer. This has worked well in the past.

First step: Make cookie list.

I'll come back here and post my list and report progress. Want to join me?

Ready...Set...GO!

DJ

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I have really paired down my Christmas baking the last few years, it may increase when my kitchen is complete (we are doing major renovations). I have Celiacs so all my baking is gluten free, a real problem during the holiday season!

Cookies:

Shortbread, stamped
Sugar cookies, decorated and iced
Gingerbreadmen, decorated and iced

:grin:

Baseball season should end on Tuesday or Thursday. After that I will be making and freezing cookie dough. I am on the hunt for an extra whole size freezer or a chest freezer. Once I get the right one found and purchased then I can get started on the freezer cooking. I plan on making frozen entrees (lasagna/ziti) for some family members who don't cook often. So come December it will be a huge bakefest especially since the kids last day of school for winter break is December 14th :huh: !! Getting at least some of the dough made and frozen would be a wonderful head start!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Well, here's my list:

Russian Teacakes

Salted Peanut Chews

Ginger Drop Cookies

Christmas Turtles

Spritz

DJ

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I want to get started on my baking soon and get it into the freezer. I won't be doing as much as I usually do. I am hoping to try some new recipes this year as well.

:snowman: Melanie

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I probably won't be freezing any, but we'll see.

I'll be making:

Sugar Cookies
Gingerbread Men
Peanut Butter Balls
I may try some Shortbread this year
I also might do some chocolate dipped pretzels and stuff, not sure yet.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
This is the dough I have in the freezer so far:
Snickerdoodles, double batch
Chocolate Crinkles, double batch
Sugar cookies, double batch
Pecan Balls, double batch.

This week, I'll be making and freezing the following doughs:
Chocolate Hazelnut truffle cookies
Chocolate chip cookies
Almond Softdrop cookies

I'll also make but not freeze:
Peanut butter cup cookies
Chocolate caramel cup cookies
Chocolate mint cup cookies

I love making the dough with my kids and freezing it. Then the messy part is over and we're ready for an afternoon of the fun part -- baking! Oh, and eating, of course!

Holiday Nut

Retire Member
Nov 5, 2007
Christmas Town
I've been making a bunch of cookie dough, freezing it and then right before Christmas I take a Saturday afternoon and bake bake bake. (I only do 1 kind of cookie -- which makes it easier). I'm going to make my dough this coming weekend. :grin:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I have my list of cookies made. I will start making cookies the first week of December, one batch a night. That has always worked for me. I then freeze them or put them in tins and store them in the attic, which isn't heated, if they keep and it's close to Christmas.

Here's my list:
Caramel Cups

Snowballs

Butter Cookies

Snicker Doodles

Hershey Kiss Cookies

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

My mom makes cream horns and nut horns, so I get those from her.

Lisa :globe:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer