Cookies for Santa or not???

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

3-Little-Elves

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
We always leave cookies, but when Santa comes to our home he gets to drink a Pepsi. He takes the kids notes that they left for him and then leaves a typed thank you letter. This year however Santa forgot to take the kids notes with him and my oldest found them on the floor. Ooopps!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I might be early for this year (rather than late for last year :haha: ), but in our house growing up, Santa always had either some biscuits and a Guinness/beer, or biscuits and milk (when the whole Drink/drive thing started - us kids didn't want Santa stopped by the police!!). And always a carrot for Rudolph (but that was always in the sitting room too - so he must have come down the chimney to leave big bite marks on it!).

Nowadays, Santa gets a mince pie or some cookies, and a glass of milk (although I may also push for a bottle of cola or fizzy orange this year instead). We also leave out soem veggies for the reindeer, but may make some magic reindeer food instead. (And apparently, as DD loves them so much, Santa wanted rice cakes last year - which would be good for his waistline but his helpers are not so fond of them in our house!!).

ChristmasCheerleader

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
When ds was older, we mostly did cookies and milk, but one year he saw the commercial where the little girl left cheese and got a ton of Santa stuff, so he left cheese too!

Growing up I didn't leave cookied and milk out, I would leave a note telling him to help himself to whatever he wanted out of the refrigerator, knowing that it was packed with food for the next days celebration.

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Santa gets cookies and egg nog here too!!
I must admit tho...one year he got a frosty mug of beer and DS was worried that we were trying to get him drunk! LOL

InstantMom

Retire Member
Aug 2, 2008
Santa having a Guinness makes me smile from ear to ear!

The last couple of years, we have left out a piece of baby Jesus' birthday cake (sour cream pecan coffee cake) and a glass of milk. My mom's family always attended Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve, and they would be famished when they came home, so Nana would have birthday coffee cake waiting for them. My kids aren't old enough yet to go to MM, but we continue the cake tradition.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Cookies and tea!

My DH suggested a beer (in joking) and my son informed him "DAD!! He has to drive the sled!!!) :santalol:

wantabe

Retire Member
Jan 11, 2008
Southwest Georgia
I always plan to leave cookies for Santa but we are always late getting home on Christmas Eve and DD5 is asleep. Maybe one year she will manage to stay awake until we get home and we can leave Santa some cookies!!