Crafters Challenge 12-30-12-15-13

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
For this week let's try to think of items that you might be making over the next year. If you craft for other holidays, birthdays or do several things for Christmas try to think about finishing things in a certain month. It seems that I have my mind made up and then closer to time I find other things and then try to do to much.
I do have some items that I have been wanting to do and haven't gotten them done yet so hoping they are first on my list.

Who would you like to make items for this year? What holiday are you making for? Do you do any swaps, have any clubs you belong to, exchange with co-workers, do you give to your mailman or anybody extra?

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
As part of my word for the year I would like to get back to basics. I would like to do many more home made gifts. I also want to use up some of the items I have stored away to make things with but have never got around to it.

I need to make a list of what I want to make, who for and what materials I need to make those things. Once I have that organised I think I will need to go shopping at the craft store.
I also have a few things that I want to make for the house a gifts for myself. So much to do at the moment.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Happy New Year!!

I have a list going in my head of new patterns/techniques that I would like to try during Jan/Feb. I need to sit down and put them on paper. I'm looking forward to trying some new patterns!

I just ordered a couple of charm packs to make a quilt in between other projects. And I also joined a KAL on Ravelry to make a new pair of socks, different pattern than I've tried before.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
will finish putting away Christmas & cleaning up and then I'll start my 2013 craft list (withlots of carry-over stuff from 2012)

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
UFOs are still in the bottom of the basket. I still need to put Christmas away and hopefully get that sewing machine out on Friday evenings and start a project in order to finish it on Saturdays. That should take me to Spring Break or longer I don't want to count. Just baby steps.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
MissJoDee, that is right baby steps.

Carol, you always have such adorable items that you take into the stores.

I with the rest of you, I have to take Christmas down and away and get a few things done.

I have gotten the ideas and purchased a few items to work on nieces birthday presents. (Feb. and April)

Katrina, got a new machine for Christmas!!!

Lucie, will be working on her list which will include BooBash items---maybe.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lana... definately! my list WILL include boobash items :)

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Good morning.
For Christmas 2012 I made ornaments for my step-children (they are all grown & on their own) out of one of dh's old flannel shirts. I may have originally seen the link here, but cannot remember. I think they came out terrific.
This year I want to do this craft:
http://sugarbabyboutique.blogspot.com/2011/08/paint-stick-projects.html
It will be a dry erase board instead of a magnet board, though.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Since my word for 2013 is CREATE I really need to stay up to speed on this thread!

I want to go through all the things I've tagged, cut out, torn out, noted, etc. and see what appeals to me. I'm not sure that many will be for gifts, but I know of several projects I'd like to do for our home...does that count?

And, I want to participate in the swap here so I swear I am going to start early this year!

Yes, I will be starting my list. That is my first step to my word of the year "Create"

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Just read that someone made ornaments. I used to paint ornaments for loved ones every year. Perhaps I should start that again....

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
great jump start Kim.
I have not done this thread b/c I find I have no time to be crafty. I think I spend to much time on line instead. I would like to get a jump start on my Christmas cards for next year so they are actually all made this time and not last minute.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lolwlias, they certainly are nice ornaments, and I like the idea that they use recycled materials.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I gave them to dh's children for Christmas and made them out of one of his old flannels with a note that no matter what the future brought (dh has diabetes & heart failure) that they would always have this that they could see & hold & it was a part of him since he wore the shirt until it couldn't be worn any longer.