Crafters Challenge April 17th~April 23rd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
This board is really slow. I know people are working on stuff little by little here and there but life (thank goodness) keeps going and no time to do what we really enjoy! As you keep hearing me say once the wedding is over I am going to have to start cracking butt on Christmas projects.

I did buy a pattern last night that was on sale for 99 cents at Joanns for barbie clothes. Lets see if I can or will get any done. They will be awful little to work with.

What are you all doing?

I have those ties to do eggs with this week too. Wondering how they will turn out!?!?!

Last edited:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I had this weekend set aside to work on my projects. The weather is finally nice, so I can paint outside and I was called into work all weekend. That kind of sucked. But I'm hoping it will still be nice when I get of. I want to get my bird cage done and the next inside completed. I'll post some pics when I do.

I'm also making a moss monogram for my front door. Again, the stuff is bought. I think that will go super quick. It's just a matter of using the glue gun to glue the moss on.

I guess my projects are more household items, then crafts per say, but I think they count. I like seeing all your stuff too!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
By the way Lana, Barbie clothes....man, that would be hard!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I did buy a pattern last night that was on sale for 99 cents at Joanns for barbie clothes. Lets see if I can or will get any done. They will be awful little to work with. !

Would be fun to make Jammie's wedding dress Barbie size to give to her for a shadow box.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Don't know if it counts but I made 2 cards yesterday (1 for SIL's bday and 1 for a friend). I still have 2 more to do tomorrow (these are Easter ones) for niece & nephew.

Can't wait for the spring cleaning to be over so I can craft. I've got to think of ways to better organize my craft - office - guest room.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I just bought a journal kit to make, so I'd like to do that this week, as well as make some plant pokes for the flowers that we give as gifts.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Cards count!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Lana - my mom used to sew the cutest clothes for my Barbie - I'd love to see yours!

This past week I finished a baby blanket and now I have to start another one - hard to keep up with all the folks having babies.

So I'll start that and then there are always socks waiting...

Debbie

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Debbie, I won't even be trying any till later in the summer. Get wedding over and then finish up the CIJ Swap ornies and then on to my list that I posted the first part of the year.

I have to do stuff for a baby shower that is April 30th!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I made my moss monogram last night. In the process I burned myself pretty bad. In the very begining a drop of hot glue fell on my had, I rubbed it off with the other hand (an immediate reaction) and burned manged to get blisters on the other two hands.

When I started my daughter and husband both asked, what's up with the green grass stuff? LOL Once I was done, my daughter said it actually looked pretty cool. Trimming makes a huge different. I'll get pics up later today.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
That's for Dang SURE...I guess I do need to keep that bowl of COLD water around they talk about. I'm like...ahhh noooo way I'll burn myself!!!!

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Alright it is time to get down to business and start making descisions. This week is focused on Easter dresses.

Here is the start of my list
Things I know:
Crochet potholders for teachers
baby doll clothes for dniece
barbie doll clothes for dds ( I was thinking the same thing Lana they sure are gonna be little pieces)
reindeer necklaces for dd5 class
santa kiss ornaments for dd9 class

Ideas:
lap quilts
jewelry

I also need to nail down what I am doing for mother's day and get it done.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I posted some pictures of vinyl projects I made with my cricut. The little red tub I got at Hobby Lobby for 50% off. I actually did 4 more glass block night lights for my bowling team's gifts. I found the red blank tin sign on clearance after Valentine's Day. I think I'm addicted!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I keep telling myself " YOU DO NOT WANT A CRICUT" and then I see you photos. Must repeat this several times. lol