Crafter's Challenge April 28th----May 5th, 2024

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Another week and another month GONE!!!!!

Saw a post today that it is 242 days until Christmas.

Teigan, Allen and I messed with an ornament using crayons. Haven't finished it yet so will see how it works. Have to find a better crayon sharpener. Got stuff for her to try another ornament too.

What are your plans for the week?

HAPPY HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Kinda all over the place here. Finished the top for the window seat cover. Have the backing and the binding ready to go. Decided to wait to quilt it until I cut the batting for the quilts so I can use up the scraps since it’s small. I’m at the end of a roll of batting and want to get as many big pieces out of it as possible.
First quilt top needs the border. I’m playing with that, can’t decide what I want to do. Once that’s done I’ll make the backing and the binding. Thinking I’ll do all the quilting at once for all the quilts.
Somehow I ended up embroidering my Halloween card inserts. Just need to order the insert cards for them. I’ve been playing with my Christmas cards so slowly working on them.
Hope everyone has a great crafting week.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

We're at the lake for a couple of days, and I hope to get a little sewing time in. I brought a peach 3-yard quilt to sew the rows together and a new project I started last week very impulsively which is a wall hanging. It's a bargello type. I purchased fabric and have the 2 1/2" strips cut, so I'll be able to sew the strip sets together. I'll save the sub-cutting until I get home and have a larger cutting mat.

I need to finish one more CCS motif for Mother's Day cards and get the cards made. One should go in the mail soon since it's going to DD in Germany.

I'm also hoping to experiment with a different way to knit sock heels.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I've set my crochet work down for the last couple of months. But they just announced the 2024 Chicago Yarn Crawl dates, so I was encouraged and will pull out my latest project and see if I can figure it out. Or, I may pull out some other yarn I have and start a corner to corner lap blanket, something easy to get back into it. Will see how this week plays out.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nothing planned as outdoor season / cleaning is about to begin. I've been looking at a FB group about slow stitching... this is speaking to me, might try my hand at that during summer, looks like a nice thing to do outside in the shade.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
What is slow stitching?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well. That was a very interesting read! Thanks!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I have been up this morning working on MHH ornaments and having coffee. I still having started DD’s dragonfly wrap even though I bought the yarn.

• Love
Reactions: Lana and luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I've seen the slow stitching before. I glanced at the link and it sounded like it was pretty much some random hand sewing that could turn into something useful in the end. I sort of like to have an end goal in mind, otherwise I wouldn't end up with anything but some scraps of fabric. I already have plenty of those LOL. I do consider counted cross stitch slow stitching. It takes a long time to complete one small design.

I got some crafting mojo going yesterday and sub-cut strip sets into blocks for the king size quilt since I needed something for Open Sew on Monday. Then I decided I'd rather work on the butterfly wall hanging, so I sandwiched the backing and batting and got the batting marked for the QAYG strips. If I have a chance, I'd like to sew a few strips at home first to be sure it will go smoothly.

I finished a couple of Mother's Day cards. One needs to go in the mail today. I'm hoping to get one more made.