Crafters Challenge Aug. 14th-Aug. 20th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, I have not made anyting again this week--just crocheting on soxs but I am still buying items so will have it all.

Got washrags last night for bibs, got washers for the necklaces--guess I like this size now, got the E6000 glue for ornaments and also more material for barbie clothes. Decluttering some in craft room so can work.

I am slowly getting ready to start.

All you will be done and I will be starting!

What are your creative plans this week?

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
My plans are all practical ones. I have to sew up a pair of curtains, mend a pocket in a pair of DH 's trousers, and re-hem a pair of my trousers.

I am supposed to be going to my Mom's holiday house for a few days though, so I may bring my cross-stitch project with me for then. And the sleeveless jumper I am knitting for DD (well, that I have to rip back and start again on - luckily I had only done about 4 inches).

Today, while I am working on crafty stuff, it's all about tidying up the last of the holiday stuff and organising the craft/study room and the pile of craft patterns in the sitting room while I am in organising mode. Tomorrow, I hit the trousers and then the curtains (do the 2 easy jobs first!).

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Well what I planned on getting done yesterday did not get done, but for good reason. I got 3 phone calls and a message on facebook all at the same time. Were going Racing. First time this season we have gone racing. So thats what we did. Not to bad either Jay started in 22nd place and finished 10th. Kept the car on the track, and raced great.

This week I am going to
work on chair
finish up both nail polish holders
finish sanding cabinet
stain cabinet
Work up plan on Calebs car mat and maybe start working on that

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I need to complete a lap blanket for my sister, it has been sitting as UFO since January. Told myself I cannot start another project till this one is complete - seriously will only take a couple nights (if I pick it up).

There is also a quilt for my DH I need to start (Christmas gift) - a very HEAVY patchwork quilt.
I need to motivate/organize myself to make start!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I got both nail polish holders done now working on something else for the girls room and finding the kitchen table which is all the craft stuff I have been working with lately

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WingedOne, sounds like you have a plan!!!!!

Kim, WTG!!!!!

Housewife, glad to see you posting. You can take 2 nights to get it done! Nice gift for DH you have planned. Back in high school my GF made me a flannel quilt and Allen loved it. Finally wore out so it went to rags. Allen freezes and always thought to do him another one but haven't.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hmmmm...creative plans for this week?

I plan to finish 2 pages in the Quiet Book I am working on for DS. The tennis racket (weaving) page and the balloon (velcro/color wheel) page.

I have all the pieces for the racket page ready to go, just need to assemble. Then I have to finish decorating the balloon shapes for the other page and I have a couple color wheel "pie" shapes to cut out-then it will be time to assemble.

I've gotten 3 book pages completely done so far and I'm starting to pick up momentum!

Other things I'd like to work on this week:

- Additional Halloween decoupage signs - but I'll need DH to cut some boards in the right sizes for me first

- Playing with my new Cricut Expressions!!! It should be arriving today or tomorrow!!! I can't wait!!!

:)

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
This week I need to finish an Ipad case for my son. I bought some faux leather and so far I think it's turning out pretty good. I'm not using a pattern but I think the Ipad will fit just fine. I finished a bag for my future daughter-in-law's netbook a couple of days ago out of the same faux leather. They are quick projects but fun to do.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
AuntJ, can't wait to see your book. That will really keep your baby entertained

Snickerdoodle, your cases sound nice. Your future DIL sure is lucky to have you making her stuff.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've been having fun playing with my new Cricut!!! :) Sooo many plans swirling in my head!

I did spend time last night decorating the "balloons" for the Quiet Book - but it was late before I sat down to even get started.

I did alot of extra housework and misc. stuff last night but tonight is pretty clear so I hope to do more crafting!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Well, I managed to mend DH's trousers pocket (easy job first), make DD's net skirt (planned for the past 2 years), and sewed together the last 2 taggie blankets which I had cut and pinned.

I also got started on the curtains. I have the lining cut and initial hems sewn at both ends. The main material is also cut, and I will finish the assembly on Friday (I have enough other jobs to get done tomorrow, including getting to the gym and getting a haircut).

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Wow!

So many good projects going on ... and me, not doing anything! Ack! LOL

:smilepool:

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Well, so far this week I haven't been crafting much. I did manage to clean up a big pile of a mess left over from the ornaments and crafty stuff I did last week. I don't know why...but I am such a messy crafter!! :rolleyes:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I started a necklace thing for the girls on Monday with this case thing I got at the thrift store but that is about as far as I have gotten. I am hopeing to get more done on it tomorrow because once the weekend gets here I have lots going on. Oh the joys of our football and cheer season.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I finished a scarf for DS's BFF's wife!

I got a book of easy baby knits at the library and I may look at making something for the adorable Tyler Chung.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Nancy, so glad you are painting again. Can't wait to see pictures! I am not a painter as much as I would love to try. Sister has a ceramic shop and I never do faces if I make stuff.

Don't fall over people but I am actually getting ready to get my machine out and sew on some bibs I haven't made anything for awhile besides crocheting on soxs.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Nancy those jars are the cutest I agree with Lana I can not paint would love to learn but have never done so.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I finished my sister's lap blanket - just completed the fringe about 10 minutes ago!

Packed in it's box, wrapped in tissue paper with a sprig of rosemary/lavendar/mint from my garden (already dried). Will smell great when she opens it come December! :)

Now, onto quilts!!