Crafters Challenge Aug. 29th-Sept. 5th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WOW!!!! Into another month with this weeks challenge!

For this week I will:

Finish this baby quilt (hopefully today)

Start my 12 days of Christmas item

Decide on the apron for the 3 kids

Do the tic tac toe game for the 3 kids

I really have to get going!

Keep on crafting!!!!

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I feel like I have a lot to work on this week!

I need to start painting some ornaments. Once I get started these shouldn't take me too long, it's just the matter of getting everything out.

I've decided on my item for the swap, need to pick up a few supplies.

And, I have a quilt that is pieced, I would like to get it quilted this week.

Busy, busy!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I don't have a Christmas craft to work on. However, it is HS football time here. My DGD is removing nail polish from her hands & toes. I'm going to paint her nails & apply Tiger paw stickers, then I will paint her toes & paint a paw on them. Ok time for me to go attempt this craft lol

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I am starting to work on a list of things that I have to make this year. I did get a request from one brother. Not to make or get his daughter anything ever. She loves everything her meem gives her. I have made her two fleece blankets and she has to sleep with them both. For her birthday I got her a sponge bob (which she loves) and it came with a DVD and now they have to watch the sponge bob from meem everynight. I guess I am lucky that both my nieces love me that much.

We are strugleing thru football and cheer and games don't actually start until this weekend. First scrimages were last Saturday. Makayla didn't have one since their new uniforms are not in and they have to share thier team with another squad this year, since they usually cheer for Kenny's team. But since Kenny had to go to another organization this year since their weren't enough for a team.

Last night Kenny doubled over in pain at practice, and ended up haveing him at ER until 1 this morning. He never told me that in his scrimage Saturday he got hit hard in the chest and when he takes deep breaths it really hurts. Hello I need to know about this kind of stuff. He is ok just muscle strain. They tried to give him a note for no practice this week but he said he had to practice to play in this weekends game. They needed him. They told him to take it easy at practice. The thing is he had no problem showing me the perfect cleat mark that is now bruised on his arm from when he tackled someone then another player ran over his arm. Lucky it didn't break. But that's a war wound so that is cool for a 12 yr old.

The big race of the year is this weekend. So that is one thing that is done for the year. So will free up a few hours of my week

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I need to make DH's halloween costume & I want to make an advent calendar.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Well, I managed so far to make 2 crayon rolls (the very first attempt went completely haywire, so I started again altogether - I may finish that original sometime when I have the patience to deal with bias binding corners) and a duvet cover for DD. All any of those need are the buttons handsewn on.

I also got another few rows knit last night on the blanket for DH's aunt. I am not guaranteeing that she will get it THIS Christmas - but progress is important.

I am debating doing some more sewing, or making a couple of cards, or just having a snooze in the sunshine here. It is such a lovely day!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WingedOne, that is good that you are making progress. Hope you are enjoying your time off. How is the attic coming? All moved out?

People have been wanting me to do other stuff so the evenings I haven't gotten into craft room. The blanket is tied and just waiting for the backing.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
Right now I'm working on a project for my dining room. I have a built in hutch and it's white. I bought some foam core board from Hobby Lobby (50% off this week) and my husband cut it to fit the back of the shelves. I'm going to cover the board with some fall fabric and fit it into the hutch. If it turns out like I have it pictured it will look like it is painted and will make the dishes "pop". We'll see!

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
Thanks! I'm hoping to get to that tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out. Great minds think alike Lana!! I already know what fabric I'll use for Christmas! Hope your son is feeling OK KimD!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
This coming week I will be joining you all full force. I have too I have no choice or I will not get anything done.

Snickerdoodle thank you he did get hit once yesturday and said it hurt but not as much he knows its going to take awhile to heal but he chooses to continue to play. Yesturday he got his wrist and hand inbetween a helmet and shoulder pads blocking. I swear the kid wants to hurt himself this season. Can't wait to see what his trainer says to him Tuesday morning