Crafter's Challenge August 13th--August 19th, 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Getting halfway through August!

Has everybody gotten an ideal of what crafts they will do for Christmas?

I will do the seasoning salt, cream and an ornament. Not sure if anything else.

What is your plan (s) for the week?

Happy Happy Crafting my friends.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Getting pretty well done with my Christmas crafting. Just DGD nightgown and some lavender wax sachets for friends to make. Doing a couple gift baskets as well but the homemade items for them are done. Just need to add/buy the purchase items for them.

This week my main goal is to get the receiving blankets done and then DGD nightgow. From there if time my skirt.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I am trying to find small pop up springs for a swap project. They are like $10 each and would like to try to find cheaper if possible. Will probably change my item.
Have you tried a hardware store? Ace Hardware seems to have little bins of all kinds of things.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I don't Christmas craft much for anyone else, but I do make seaonal items for myself. I've set aside my summer-weight sweater, as I know it won't get done in time to wear this year. Started a winter hat for myself, which will be really warm. And, I have a pattern for fingerless gloves that I want to make -- will be handy when driving, or when walking the dog when it's not too cold (don't have to take off mittens to tie up his bag). I also want to make some of the leaf coasters for the Fall. I have the supplies, just haven't found the time. Will see how this week goes.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have the supplies, just haven't found the time.
This is a universal statement.

I will try and finish the blanket that I have been working on. I am enjoying doing it so not too much rush to finish it.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I am trying to find small pop up springs for a swap project. They are like $10 each and would like to try to find cheaper if possible. Will probably change my item.
Can you show us a picture of what your looking for? Are they the springs for making pop up containers?

Reactions: Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

I started on the last of the CCS woodland animals yesterday (fox). That said, I do still need to stitch the names of the months on them and a border. Then there's the making them into actual "ornaments" to hang above a calendar.

I need to start a new knitting project.

Once home from the lake (Wednesday), I want to get started on a wall hanging quilt for Sonja for her birthday. It's going to be a Storm at Sea pattern made in colors that she colored on a design of the quilt. It will be interesting to try to keep all the pieces in order.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
yes, they are. MSQC has them for alittle over $9.00 apiece and are out of stock. Would love to find them cheaper.
I haven’t seen them for less than that here. I had a quilt shop special order them for me because they were hard to find in that size. They are cute, useful gifts! If I happen to see them cheaper will let you know.

Reactions: Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, that is stunning. Wonderful.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

DIY Mosquito Repellant Candles​

This looks fun. I could use this by our fire pit out back.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I keep knitting but the ball of yarn does not seem to get any smaller;)

I’ve also been visiting local $Tress and HL’s so I will have more materials with which to craft when I get home.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
All 4 receiving blankets are made, pressed and ready to be dropped off at church Sunday.
DGD nightgown has be started and I saw a cute Oct. planner page idea. Snapped a picture of it. I should start on it soon as I ended up buying one for this year as I ran out of time to make one for this year.