Crafters Challenge August 17th-23rd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
At the end of next week only one full week of August left!

I am hoping to finish the shopping cart cover for Teigan this week but....... if we are painting and such I honestly doubt that it will get worked on!!!

What all have you got planned to work on?

So happy to see people working on stuff.

HAVE A "GREAT" WEEK!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I am jumping in this week! I have started knitting a coffee cozy and would like to get that finished. If it turns out good then i'll be making them for friends as gifts for Christmas.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Crafts

Those sound nice and cozy! Have a picture? Is it on Pinterest?

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I got several baby things done last week. I have a couple more of the towels to do, a nursing cover, and maybe a car seat cover. I have made my list of things to make for Christmas. It is quite a lengthy list, too. I will be getting on it. But I am working a few hours this week, so less time for fun!

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hey everyone! Last week I worked on zipper bags, there are 3 different sizes, I plan to put them together as a set. They are like cosmetic bags. Once I finish, I'll try to post a picture. I need to order more zippers this week so I can get them finished and move on to something else.

I knitted a dish towel, but I'm not liking it. So I'm trying a different pattern, so far I'm liking this one. These will be Christmas presents.

Have a great week!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
So many projects this week. I have finished a baby rug and am now crocheting a large rug for an adult. It does give me something to do at nights when watching t.v. It also has the added bonus of keeping me warm.

I have started to collect various bottles and jars that I will fill up with lollies for little gifts for Christmas. I like to give to the postman, my hairdresser etc.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
How wonderful Debbie, would love to see photos when it is finished.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I got a huge amount of sorting, including of craft materials, done last week. No actual crafting, but progress was made.

So this week, I need to finish sorting the craft room and spare bedroom (before it reverts to being an au pair bedroom in less than 2 weeks - oh the freedom of having a spare room for almost 2 months!). And the main crafting piece is to hem the fleece.

I have a list as long as my arm of projects to follow that up with, including quite a few UFOs. But I'll start with one. And finish that!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Glad to see all the activity!!!

Carol the bags sound like a nice set. Will be watching your blog.

Katrina, your rugs always sound so nice too. Hint Hint I need a huge area rug now in front room when the flooring gets in. LOL!!!!! Would love to see pictures.

Debbie, the globe sounds cool! Please do post pictures.

WingedOne, way to go sorting. Keep up the good work.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Jampss- Here's a link to what i'm working on: http://www.thesittingtree.net/2010/11/free-knitting-or-crochet-pattern.html I'm doing the knit version, or trying to. I'll need to look up some how-to videos when I get to the binding off stitches in the middle of the work.
Hey Jessica - this is a video I use when I need a refresher on how to knit a buttonhole (which is every time). I hope it helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY4vBzLo-Xs
Those will make great gifts!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Thank you Carol!!! I will definitely check this out, I've never done buttonholes before.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Seems like this project is going so slowly, but I did finally fuse down the pieces for the 3rd picture in the set of space themed pictures for DS room.

I hope to get started on the embroidery embellishment for all three "pictures" tonight. I don't think that will take too long and then I can get frames painted and everything assembled.

My hope is to knock out a constellation rug project I have all the supplies for (also for his room) and then turn my focus exclusively to Christmas gift craft projects.

I have the supplies for most of them purchased now and have made a small start on a couple of them.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Hi guys. I'd like to join you, if that's all right. I've got a list as long as your arm and I need to stay focused. I think coming here and hanging out with you guys will do the trick.

Do you guys post a list of projects you'll be working on or just as you go? Are you focusing on Christmas projects only or everything and anything? I have some projects that I feel capable of and some that are out of my comfort zone but I really want to try.

Chris

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Chris, :welcome:

We love to hear what anybody is working on. We just post what projects we would like to do, what we are working on, can be any type of project. For yourself, holidays birthdays, craft shows, hobby etc......

We like to see pictures to.

If like me, items are carried over for several weeks.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I have been ignoring my craft/sewing projects.... I have been cleaning instead. I can't commit to anything until after August... too many birthdays and company coming. Hoping I can find 10 minutes today to reassess my UFO's (Un-finished Objects) and formulate a plan of attack.

I have never been this far behind.... kinda freaking me out.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Here's the master list I've been working on. I did say it was long....

KNIT
-knit blankets
[x] Cady
[x] Connor
[] Carly
[x] Madi
[x] Kevy
[x] Tabatha
[x] Nathaniel
[x] Bryce
-washcloths [x][x][x][][][][][]
-owl hats [][][][]
-knitted hats [][][][][]
-teacher scarves [x][]
-infinity scarves [x][]

SEW
-denim rag quilts
[] Ben
[] Seth
-tree quilt
-hot wheels holder
-cuddle monsters [x][][]
-robot toys[][]
-tooth fairy pillow
-charger holders [][][][][][]
-lavender sachets [x][x][x][x][x][x][][][][][][][][][][][][]
-felt crowns [][][][][]
-superhero mask
-capes [][][]
-pencil skirt for Jo

MISC
-para-cord bracelets [][][][][][][][][]
-hair bows
-fish [][][][][]
-butterflies [][][][]
-ladybugs [][][][][][]
-Christmas trees [][][]
-love sign [][][]
-word signs [][][][][]
-necklace
-door knocker
-sundae kits [][][][]

I'm pretty basic in my skills. Machine sewing anything other than beginner stuff is beyond me at this point. But I can do a straight line =). I've been chipping away at it and stockpiling the needed supplies and I think I can get this done. Maybe.

Last edited: