Crafters Challenge August 18th-24th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to another week!!!! Only 2 full weeks left of August and we will be into September.

I have washed up the fabric that I brought to make (try) a quilt for Jaymee. Ordered some more yesterday a.m. so hope it will be in by middle of the week. It is for a round quilt with the pieces cut into wedges.

Looked at some yarn at a store yesterday---thinking for my 12 Days of Christmas item to do the crocheted scarfs but don't know how well they would be received---so will think some more.

Need to work on some more of the sewing ornaments for family and friends.

Have a few days off coming up so hoping to craft some and clean.

What are you all working on?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Oh my, Sept is that close?

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Lana, I love the new Dr Seus fabric that has come out. That will make a cute quilt.

This week is "Head band week". I have 50+ cut out, now I am sewing, sewing, sewing. These will be for my fall show. I've made them for the past couple of years and they sell out quickly. Hopefully that will be the case again this year.

Have a great week!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I remember you saying that the headbands went fast. They seem to always be in style.

I think I am going to go put pjs on and start crocheting. I think I will do them and if by chance I change my mind I can give to family and friends and will be ahead.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I just joined a FB group about chrocheting. Hoping it'll give me ideas.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Checking in again, after a bit of an absence!

I just finished my felt project of a castle playset for DS :) I think it turned out really cute - I'll post pics as soon as I have time to take them.

Next on my list is a felt dragon to go with the castle and a few little peg people dressed up in paint and felt to be little knights, etc.

I also found a cute peas in a pod toy that I think will be quick and easy. DS was looking at Pinterest with me and he "picked it out" :) So mama will make!

Mostly felt projects for me this year - my "craft room" continues to a rolling tote I bought to replace the one lost in the fire. Keeping a lid on the amount of supplies, etc. that I am purchasing for now...I know I have a LOT of stuff in the storage units. Getting all of that out again will be like having it all new! lol

Happy crafting, everyone!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
AuntJ, glad to see you back. There is so much cute felt stuff on pinterest.

I would love to do a quiet book someday.

I have another scarf done and half of another. So 9 1/2 left.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
At the doctors office I finished a scarf and started another one. I am determined not to wait until the last minute on these 12 Days of Christmas items. They haven't posted it yet.