Crafters Challenge August 19th-25th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome my friends to another week! And it is to be cooler!!!!!!!!

Today my plan is to work in cleaning my craft room so I can actually find all the materials, and items I have purchased to do Christmas gifts for this year. It is all in there somewhere!

I will also work on my list this week as to what I would like to do for the holidays.

This is my plan anyhoo!!!!

What are your plans?

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I actually tried a crochet project and I like it. Makes up REAL fast. I think I will do some for gifts. Different yarn and buttons of course. Maybe even for a fund raiser coming up that Aunt Imogene is involved with I could do a few for and throw in towels.

Pictures on my blog.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hello all! :)

My list for this week is a repeat, didn't finish much last week! But I think I am in a good place to make some real progress this week!

Book Page Leaf Wreath:

- Traced the template onto thick white cardstock and have started tracing shapes onto book pages
- Decided against tea staining book pages, I think it will all look just fine!
- Purchased artificial acorns to add to wreath as embellishments

Cord Ties:

- Finished one
- Picked out fabric/ribbon/button combinations for another two
- Purchased some additional fabric to be used for this project

Wee Mice in a Tin:

- Purchased some additional felt colors I needed
- Printed an attempt at a pattern, but it needs some resizing work

Looking forward to digging in this week!!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
AuntJ, you are always so well planned out with your crafting. That is how you make progress!

I did place an order with Mary Maxim yesterday at lunch. Ordered 12 things and 4 things are on back order and they don't ship until the order is complete. I believe the latest back order date is 9-6. Mostly for beaded items and 1 kit for knitted angels. I do not knit but will let my mom do those for us! Was going to wait until after Christmas and order when stuff would go on sale but thought some might not and be out so....... Wanted the patterns for the stuff.

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
HI EVERYONE!!!
It has been a long time but I'm back!! I have been fighting to services for DS14 (autistic)
and we got them~ sorta.

I have been a cleaning fiend in my house and I am shocked at all the hiding places in this litttle house (I dont have a basement or garage).

I recently was commissioned to make a complete layette for a boy -crocheted- and to sew a coming home bonnet/ wedding hankie.

I hope all is well with everyone and I will try to read the posts when I get a second or 2.

Happy Crafting & HAGN
Tina

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Tina, glad to see you back to posting. Have wondered about you! Sounds like you have a couple projects to keep you busy.

It is amazing how much we can stuff into a house!!!

I crocheted a Christmas Tree and a star that I had pinned (on pinterest---of course) to see if I could do them and I did and it was easy. I used bright multi colored yarn that I had here but will get some different if I decide to do them.

Next year for the CIJ swap you all need to join!!!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I have been working (slowly) on knitting a couple of hats over the summer (cotton beanies for 2 Nephews both with allergies so cannot tolerate man-made fibres and their parents find it very difficult to find some types of clothing for them as a result). One just needs a side seam sewn, and the other is about one third knitted.

Last night, I had to find some card for DD and DH to make a welcome sign for the airport this morning (new au pair arriving) - and as DH sent me up rather than junting himself, it was his own fault that I distracted myself from going to bed and ended up making a Christmas card!! [grin] I have made a few this year for new babies, birthdays and valentines, but I hadn't actually made any Christmas ones yet. So I might actually get myself in gear to make enough for family after all!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Wings, the boys will get alot of use from the hats if they can't others.

DD probably was excited to have a card for her!

I would love to do cards but never got into that. yet :)

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
Winged one = what type of yarn are you using & where did you find it? I am curious. I know of a few alpaca farms here in NJ near the shore line & 1 sheep farm I pass going to the shore & they all offer wool for sale.

Getting ready for vacation soon- packing my crocheting in case I get a few seconds to myself.

HAGD
Tina