Crafters Challenge August 23rd-29th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Seems like several people were working on items last week! :smilegifts:

We were so busy talking with people on the roof/siding/window that I did nothing!!!!

I am hoping to work on the items for the 12 Days of Christmas alittle this week and at lunch will continue with the yo yo ornaments for family and friends.

What is on your list for the week?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings all!

Lana ~ Thanks for getting the week's challenge posted for us. Yo-yos are so fun and relaxing to make. I have a yo-yo elephant pattern that I would like to eventually make for one of my new DGDs. I made a yo-yo bear a few years ago for DGD#1, but it has come apart, so I need to sew him back up.

When I look at my list for babies and Christmas, I get overwhelmed. I'll just keep plugging along, though. I'll probably be working primarily on two baby quilts and a doll quilt, knitting a linen stitch scarf, and hopefully, some hand quilting (I think it's cooling off enough in the evenings now to try having a quilt on my lap in the evenings.)

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Having my husband fashion me a granny square block so I can start a new afghan. The block helps keep everything nice as I work block by block. I need to finish the first one (still trying to figure out how big I want it) then he can cut a piece of wood and add long dowels to the four corners - just slide on the pieces as I finish :)

I have 10 slippers to do, 4 scarves and 5 hats before holidays.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
You will do it HouseElf!!! Your an elf! To bad we weren't elves or Bewitch at times! LOL Bewitch so house and stuff done with a twitch and then we could use the time for sewing crafting etc.......

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Worked on DD4's hat last night for hours and hours. I'm so frustrated with it. I counted my stitches and I just can't get the decreasing to work. I ended up garbaging it.
Retrieved it from the garbage this morning. Not a good lesson for DD4 to see me just give up on it, but it's baffling me. I make this same pattern all the time and I've never had a problem. It's as though you were to put 2 + 2 into a calculator and have it keep coming out 5. Just can't for the life of me find where I'm going wrong.

Started a little baby sweater to use up some remnants last night so I didn't go bed feeling completely useless, lol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
F/S just put it aside for the moment. When you are not so frustrated with it I am sure you will see where the problem is.

I am working on a cross stitch border for a hand towel for my mum for in a gardening pack for Christmas.
Tomorrow I will take tea towels to my mums to finish appliquing them. Still have a few more to do before Christmas but not too many to cause panic.

Another good crafting week.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Made 3 advent-calendar pouches and cut the ribbon for the rest of them. I didn't do much but I did do 3 out of the difficult fabric.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good job Lucie!

Katrina, you are doing good on the towels!

FS, like Katrina said, rest with it and look at it another time.

I have did yo yos at lunch the last couple days and will take again.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Worked on runner for a little over an hour last night, finished stitching the stems for the first section of embroidery. Will add all the French knot "berries" tonight and draw out the rest of the pattern.

Will need to crank up the time spent on this to get it done in time for Fall decorating!!!

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
Now that Kiddo is off to real school, I have more time to devote to crafting. Today is Day 1!! I have a few things to finish up from summer projects (tissue holders and card holders). Next week I need to start working on Christmas and holiday hostess gifts.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

I'm loosing some crafting time this week due to visits with friends and appointments. It's all good, though. Took the opportunity of driving to friends' for dinner to leave a little early and do some shop hopping at quilt stores along the route. Managed to pick up some fabric needed for a baby quilt I'm working on. Today I have a couple of appointments, but I think I'll just take a book along since I'm not getting enough reading in this week. We'll be away from home on Labor Day and most of the following week, but I will be taking lots of crafting projects along to be working on.

I got some crafting orders in the mail this week including a CCS book of woodland animals. I'm excited to start working on them for a soft baby book.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Spent about 2 hours on runner yesterday - got the first section done and marked out the rest of the pattern in chalk...

Happy crafting!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished all of the tea towels and the knitted edge for pillow cases. Good to have those ticked off the list.
This week I will work on the cross stitched edge for a hand towel for my mum and then will have to find some more things to do.