Crafters Challenge August 30th--September 5th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Like somebody mentioned on the Chit Chat thread----moving into the BER months! Time will move along with the different holidays coming.

I am hoping to maybe cut some fabric tomorrow (Sun. 30th) will see. I do have to clear the table off. Allen usually cuts but doubt if he will be. Still not walking good and alot of pain.

I have to sew a few things on Teigans pants I took in. Will sew the take ins all down.

I have really been thinking of my gifts so need to get them wrote down of the things to make.

What do you all have planned for this week?

Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
I started on knitting a simple cowl last week so I plan to continue to work on it.
i also need to pull out my fall wreath. It looks a little sad. Not sure if I’m going to try and make it smile again or start from scratch. Also need to make a new halloween front door decor.

If time after getting those done I have kitchen curtains that need repairing—hem fix and than new curtains for the bathroom on the main floor.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Need to fix my friends quilt.
I would like to make some gift tags. Everything is sitting on my cutting table ready to go.
If my husband is out of the house for any length of time I’ll continue to work on his quilt.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I purchased a metal lantern like thing from Goodwill today that had a Christmas greens in it. I pulled the greens out and started working on putting fall in it. I purchased 2 small scarecrows from DG earlier in the day. Need to get some straw and leaves and make a couple small pumpkins for it.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
I just finished cutting all of my daughters T-shirts and sweatshirts for a quilt top. But I am cheating this year and sending it out to be finished. This gives me more time to work on other holiday projects.
I Hope to spend time this week working on my list of what Christmas projects I will be doing this year. My biggest one is always my December Daily I spend quite a bit of crafting time on this project through out the season. Enjoy your day!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
need to pull out my fall wreath. It looks a little sad. Not sure if I’m going to try and make it smile again or start from scratch.

I was doing the same this weekend! Ended up adding some new faux acorn sprays to my old wreath and that seemed to help - you have to zoom in on the photo to really see them though...

https://flic.kr/p/2jBUNbJ
I would like to make some gift tags.

I have been in this mood TOO! Played with making some yesterday...I think I like it because it is a "quick" project... :)

Lana - Great idea on repurposing the lantern!!!

Laurie - I love December Dailys!!! So you do each day in December - crafting as you go? I'm not really sure how they work - or do you do after the fact?

I can report that I have FINALLY finished the Mrs. Claus ornaments!!!

https://flic.kr/p/2jBUJzv
I'm in the home stretch on my practice round of Rilla the Racoon:

https://flic.kr/p/2jBYbRv
And made one card:

https://flic.kr/p/2jBUJA2

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Wonderful work!

FOCUS! That's what I need to do. I will try to get a bit done on something each day. I still need to get the studio back in shape after moving out for flooring. I want to get the embroidery machine humming, while I put things away. I have quite a few machine embroidery projects to work on, including pillowcases for DGDs, table topper for a friend, nativity set for DGD, possible t-shirts for DGDs, and ornaments!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still working on a cardigan. It is worked in one piece plus the sleeves. I am just about to divide for the sleeve holes.
Now that the weather is warming up I need to spray paint some beads and a peg. Need to write that in my planner so that I remember.

AJ loving Mrs Claus....beautiful.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Rose ~ Your new wreath is beauitufl! You're inspiring me to get out some of my fall decor (which I did yesterday, but not all of it)!

Haven't accomplished much craft-wise yet this week except to add to my list. Well, I did put together a Valentine centerpiece with a vase, some fairy lights and some glass marbles. The lights are battery-powered and on a timer which will be really lovely on our dining room table with my new placemats and table topper.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Have spent some time weeding vinyl images for the 3rd recipe binder.

Starting tracing pattern for stormtrooper felt ornament.

Picked out felt for autumn runner project.

Need to put last touches on Christmas Planner and finish up my practice Rilla the Raccoon

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
AJ, beautiful work! Love the mrs claus. Can’t wait to see the finished raccoon.
Rose, is there a link to your blog?

Did nothing except for about a dozen gift tags and cleaned up afterwards. I’m in cleaning mode right now.