Crafters Challenge Dec. 11th-Dec. 17th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am starting this a couple of hours before the 11th but.......................

Well, it is 2 weeks until the big day!!!!!!

Still have a few necklaces to do but they are really simple so won't take long. I have to deliver the ornaments that I have done to family and friends.

I think with pinterest I will have several ideals for next year!

Let's hear what everybody is doing!?!

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I agree with you on Pinterest. I'm loving it!!

I'm just finishing up a couple of special orders for Santa towels today and tomorrow and then I am done with Christmas orders for the season. I started knitting a candy cane dishcloth this weekend. I think it may take me until Valentine's day to finish it. It isn't complicated, but I need to count and pay attention to the pattern, sometimes that can be complicated.

Have a fun week crafting everyone!!

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I'm still hoping to get a couple more leather bags finished for my son and one for my husband to use when they travel. They will use them for power cords or anything else they use. This has been on my list for a while but I seem to get sidetracked week after week!

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
ALL the pinecone doorhangers are done. All are wrapped. There's a list of who they go to.

Another batch of apple butter is in the crockpot. I should have 10 more pints tomorrow night.

Finished up three more square Christmas ornaments. 8 down, twenty to go.

All gifts are wrapped and are under the tree.

Everything that had to be shipped has been shipped. -- word of warning ladies -- if you are going to make memory boards and ship them -- don't go any bigger than a 18x24 finished size. My off-sized one, 21x25 (I used a 20x24 frame and with all the material, padding, etc, it was off size for the box that I could get and ship cheaply.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I need to put together a box of American Girl doll crafts for my friend's granddaughter. I'll have to have it ready by Friday.

I have to make a hula skirt and lea, a dress and hat from a knee sock, shrinky dink peace sign necklace, a pair of moccasins and Native American dress and any other crafts I talught in my after school club.

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
I have to reassemble the Easy Bake oven cookbooks for DGD and DGNiece. Can't find the others to save myself and the one for DGNiece has to go out in tomorrow's mail.

I have to jar a batch of apple butter tonight. I have to get two more batches done this upcoming weekend.

Otherwise, everything is wrapped. Everything, except DMIL and DM's gift cards, is purchased. All crafts are done except the last of the apple butter.

I'm working on hm Christmas ornaments and if they are finished, I will distribute them this Christmas. If not, there's always next year, which means I'm ahead of the game.

So, this year I have pinecone door hangers, lavender bath salts, apple butter and some hm Christmas ornaments to gift to office coworkers, etc.

UPDATE:
Out of yesterday's crockpot I got 5 pints and 12 half pint jelly jars of apple butter. I still think the first batch cooked too long, it's very dark. DH likes the dark, which means he'd have 8 pints of apple butter to get him through the year. I'm whipping up another batch this weekend, but I have to search the garage for jars.

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Wow!

Everyone is busy busy! Fun!!

I should be done, but no, I keep finding neat things to make ...

I am still working on that cranberry scarf. Now I am making a Cardinal felt ornament and a snowman felt ornament ... just cuz!

I made a calendar just from a free printed calendar site ... it's a year at a glance, then sort of scrapbooked around it with stickers, papers and photos of our family for my sis to put on frig.

:tree2:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I can't stop ....

LOL ... I like making stuff this time of year ... it may be for NEXT Christmas even. But I just like crafting!

{} Cranberry Red Scarf (DF) STARTED

{} Cardinal Ornament STARTED

{} 2 crochet wash cloths (DD) STARTED

{} Snowman Ornament

:tree:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Miss JoeDee, sounds like a very nice gift!

sierra mtns, you are really banging it out.

Jampss, I am pretty well done with this years stuff but have plenty of ideals for next.

Made my lotion last night but will have to do more.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Having Fun!

{X} Snowman Ornament, Felt DONE
{X} Cardinal Ornament, Felt DONE

{} 2 crochet wash cloths (DD) STARTED
{} Cranberry Red Scarf (DF) STARTED

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Picture

I uploaded to my album my felt ornaments.

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
Going shopping tonight for stuff to make Christmas goodies. I don't know if I ever explained, but I budget weekly for groceries. if I spend $90 instead of $100 that's budgeted, I get a grocery card for the $10 I didn't spend. I add to it every week through the year. I will get one or two that only have $20ish dollars on them, but keep one main one for Christmas. The $20ish ones are to hand to DH when he complains there's no junk food in the house. It keeps him from wrecking my grocery budget. It also provides a buffer if there's a great case sale and I'm a little short that week on grocery money.

Anyhow, even after getting a month's worth of groceries for ODS/DDIL when GDS was born in July and all the stuff for making apple butter, I still have about $125 on the card which I'm going to use tonight for buying cookie and candy ingredients. Yum...sugar cookies, hm turtles, and batches of cinnamon rolls for the week after Christmas when both DH and I are home.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Awesome idea, sierra_mtns