Crafters Challenge Dec. 19th~~Dec. 24th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello Ladies!

As you noticed we are 2 or 3 days short on a full week this go around!!!!!!

I am posting my same list but it is down and in a couple days it will be completed!

(/ ) I have coasters to make for 2 co-workers and a friend MATERIAL IRONED 11-25

( /) 2 diffferent Christmas ornaments to make for family and friends HAVE GOT MATERIAL ON 11-21

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!(XX ) Ornament to do for co-workers

TABLING THIS ITEM FOR NEXT YEAR ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!( ) would like to get a couple table runners done that I just got material for on Friday, uless I do those next year

Got a gift!!!!!(XX ) Might do coasters for another friend-not sure or a table runner

DONE!!!!!!!( XX) The vanilla I started last January will need to be bottled GOT THE BOTTLES TO PUT IT IN 11-18 BOTTLED IT ON 12-8-10

DONE!!!!!!!!!( XX) I also need to make some lotion PURCHASED ITEMS ON 11-23 (might need some more vit. E) MADE ON 11-29 7 CONTAINERS UNLESS I MAKE MORE

DONE!!!!!!!!(XX ) seasoning salt PURCHASED THE ITEMS FOR IT ON 12-5 MADE IT ON 12-8 AND GOT IT IN CONTAINERS

GOING TO ASK HER AND SEE IF SHE LIKES IT OR WANTS IT AND THEN WILL DO FOR 2011 AND JUST GIVE IT TO HER!!!!!!!!!( ) decide whether or not I am doing DD's tree skirt for a gift this year (she'll be in her own house next yr. Other times I think that is good but...)

TABLE TO NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!( ) Also see whether or not I will do her peguin coasters

DONE!!!!!!!!(XX) reindeer feed MADE ON 11-20 HAVE TO DO POEM YET FINISHED IT ALL YESTERDAY 11-25 AND HANDED SEVERAL OUT

DONE!!!!!!!!(XX ) snowflake ornaments on my cricut expression PURCHASED PAPER ON 11-24 WORKING ON THEM AS I TYPE

(X ) hot chocolate mix (sponge paint a canning jar all white and then add his face features. If you spray it with clear varnish it stays on better thru the handling of it) MADE ON 12-8-10 NEED S ALITTLE MORE CHOCOLATE AND TO PUT IN CONTAINERS

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(XX ) finish writing about 14 recipes for my nephews cookbook

Adding: (11-26)

( ) snowman pillow for my sister~~she saw the panels when over last Sat. and fell in love with it (have had them forever) so will do that for her.

Adding: (11-28) Maybe will do.

Wait for her to pick material(XX ) a sewing machine cover for the machine we got Jaymee for Christmas. Saw like a patchwork one that ties on the side. WILL SEE YET~~~~~MIGHT WAIT TILL AFTER CHRISTMAS SO SHE CAN PICK THE MATERIAL AND MAKE SURE THE MACHINCE IS OKAY AND A KEEPER

( ) pillow for co-workerif I find Chicago Bear material

Last edited:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Going to post todays project then I don't know I think that I am going to have a couple disappointed neices and nefhews because they are getting store bought this year just haven't been into making them any thing.

I do have two dolls to make today

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I may be in the same boat, Kim, as there are a few sewing projects I have not got finished, or even properly started.

I am going to concentrate on the cookies, sewing together the taggie blanket, dollie blanket and the 5 crayon rolls. The rest will be if I get time (although I am hoping for a day off on Wednesday, which should allow me to finish the sewing, wrapping and cooking).

As for next year, I am going to concentrate on sewing from a LOT earlier in the year. Cos I had LOADS of plans and most of them unfinished. But the few cut out will be done soon.

Actually, though, I forgot to add that I got a great compliment from my mum earlier - my sis had shown her the stockings I made for the siblings, and she was very impressed!! WooHOOOOOOO!! So at least one craft has been done on time and well received!!

Last edited:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Congrats Wings on the compliment. My DGD and I hope to complete a gift we're doing for a friend if not tonight before Tues at least. Hoping to make some ornaments too. I think I want to complete more items next year...Have more of a homemade Christmas, well see how it works out :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WingedOne, great work on impressing your mom with the stockings! Hope you are off on Wed. so you can get things done.

Tricia, hoping you get time too, to finish up. I have the evenings cuz I won't be off till Fri. at noon and people will come about 6 that night.

I was wondering if everybody was interested in keeping this weekly thread for 2011 or not. I know for myself I have to start out earlier to finish stuff without the rush. Even tho I do better with pressure.

Let's keep working ladies~~~we have a few more days!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
If you have time to do the thread Lana I'd like to see this weekly thread continued...

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Time is getting short.

I'd like to finish another pair of wristlets (I do have it started) or I'll have to think of something else to give that person. That is about it.

Unfortulnately no way DS's hand knit sox will be finished by Christmas...maybe for valentine's day.

Debbie

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana I already have a list going for next year. As of right now everything is going good with all my kids friends and I think with the kids worrying and the tradgies that have happened this year it just has put me in a mood not todo anything but in the process I know that I am hurting the two that love homemade gifts from me because they know they are made out of love.

Plus I have a whole 16th birthday party that most stuff has to be made in Feb. I really need to get going on that stuff.

Never got the dolls done yesturday or today and I had today off but Kenny was home due to worrying about his friends surgery today but we just read on caring bridge that all went well today so maybe I can get to them tomorrow inbetween work and our christmas party for work and my little sweeties Christmas pagent (a friends daughter that I adore)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I think I am almost going to table anything else that I have until next year. I will do the hot chocolate mix out to people yet.

It seems like people are thinking of next year so I guess we will keep the thread going. I really do like to hear what people are making and to see pictures when possible.

You ladies are a GREAT bunch to craft with and I wish you all the Merriest of Christmass!!!!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I got the Christmas gift I was trying to get done for a friend. I learned one thing don't try new crafts this close to Christmas LOL I tried to do a wired ribbon angel ughhh not happening. But I did get a very pretty altered friendship notebook finished. I hand wrote friendship quotes on some of the pages inside. Pic in my projects folder here...

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Thanks Lana it is really pretty & the lady liked it...

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I sure hope you keep it going! I have got so much out of it this year. I have been crafting all year because of the encouragement from all of you wonderful ladies and look forward to next year. I already have a long list of projects and am looking forward to the cold winter months to get a good start on next year's gifts. I've really enjoyed crafting with all of you this year and hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas!!

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
I had 1 thing bite the dust... DSs Colts blanket.. I will give it to him on Valentines Day..

I just need to sew up the sides of DDs fingerless gloves
Hide all the loose ends in DSILs Crocheted hat
and finish Moms cowl scarf.. which wont be a problem and the other 2 things will be done today.. so dropping the blanket helped alot.. it does mean he will be the only one with no handmade gift, but Im sure he will get over it quick.LOL...

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Merry Christmas everyone!!

We are out of town for the Holidays, so I am all done crafting for now. I did start a new knitted scarf while we were driving, but haven't picked it up and worked on it any more than that.

Lana, I love this thread too. I can't keep up with the daily thread that so many people post on, but I can keep up here and I enjoy hearing what everyone is working on.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Becky, that is okay he will feel special on Valentines Day with a homemade item.

Carol, On longer trips I always like something to do or read. Be careful traveling!!!

Can't wait to see what we will all be crafting in 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really LOVE hearing about everybodys crafts.

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
I think Matt will like getting it then too Lana.. Im not stressing over it..

I cant wait to make my Craft List and get all organized in January.. Im an Organization Freak in Januray.. I love it.. and My Craft list for 2011 is going to be alot better than this year.. I am making several big items this year for Birthdays and maybe Christmas.. Im very excited about it.. Cant wait to really jump into some serious sewing this winter..

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
In the end I got a real stinker of a cold which laid me low for the whole of the week before Christmas and most of this week too. So I didn't get anything else finished, just wrapped what I had already.

Everyone got a present, the hampers (the foodie ones) worked well, and I was happy in the end.

And the good news about that is that I have a few things to just finish off to make gifts for others for another time. Like the dollie blanket for my niece's birthday seperate to the dollie for Christmas.

And even better, we got rid of the builders and DH has agreed to me keeping my crafting stuff in the office!! So I should have space to lay things out and get things done in small pieces of time all year!!

I must look at doing up a list over the next week or so while I am still off work.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WingedOne, sorry to hear you were down for awhile. I had wondered where you had gotten. You had quite abit done. With your space now and at least 11 months (alittle more) I know you will accomplish quite a few gifts for 2011!!!!

Looking forward to see what is on your list for 2011. I guess on January 2nd we will start the Crafters Challenge back up. I had the comments on here and then a few e-mails asking about it.