Crafters Challenge Dec. 5th-Dec. 12th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Can you believe that when we post next week that will be our last full week before Christmas!?!

I am reposting my list and just updating on it.

My list:

(/ ) I have coasters to make for 2 co-workers and a friend MATERIAL IRONED 11-25

( /) 2 diffferent Christmas ornaments to make for family and friends HAVE GOT MATERIAL ON 11-21

( ) Ornament to do for co-workers

TABLING THIS ITEM FOR NEXT YEAR ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!( ) would like to get a couple table runners done that I just got material for on Friday, uless I do those next year

( ) Might do coasters for another friend-not sure or a table runner

DONE!!!!!!!( XX) The vanilla I started last January will need to be bottled GOT THE BOTTLES TO PUT IT IN 11-18 BOTTLED IT ON 12-8-10

DONE!!!!!!!!!( XX) I also need to make some lotion PURCHASED ITEMS ON 11-23 (might need some more vit. E) MADE ON 11-29 7 CONTAINERS UNLESS I MAKE MORE

DONE!!!!!!!!(XX ) seasoning salt PURCHASED THE ITEMS FOR IT ON 12-5 MADE IT ON 12-8 AND GOT IT IN CONTAINERS

GOING TO ASK HER AND SEE IF SHE LIKES IT OR WANTS IT AND THEN WILL DO FOR 2011 AND JUST GIVE IT TO HER!!!!!!!!!( ) decide whether or not I am doing DD's tree skirt for a gift this year (she'll be in her own house next yr. Other times I think that is good but...)

TABLE TO NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!( ) Also see whether or not I will do her peguin coasters

DONE!!!!!!!!(XX) reindeer feed MADE ON 11-20 HAVE TO DO POEM YET FINISHED IT ALL YESTERDAY 11-25 AND HANDED SEVERAL OUT

DONE!!!!!!!!(XX ) snowflake ornaments on my cricut expression PURCHASED PAPER ON 11-24 WORKING ON THEM AS I TYPE

(X ) hot chocolate mix (sponge paint a canning jar all white and then add his face features. If you spray it with clear varnish it stays on better thru the handling of it) MADE ON 12-8-10 NEED S ALITTLE MORE CHOCOLATE AND TO PUT IN CONTAINERS

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(XX ) finish writing about 14 recipes for my nephews cookbook

Adding: (11-26)

( ) snowman pillow for my sister~~she saw the panels when over last Sat. and fell in love with it (have had them forever) so will do that for her.

Adding: (11-28) Maybe will do.

( ) a sewing machine cover for the machine we got Jaymee for Christmas. Saw like a patchwork one that ties on the side. WILL SEE YET~~~~~MIGHT WAIT TILL AFTER CHRISTMAS SO SHE CAN PICK THE MATERIAL AND MAKE SURE THE MACHINCE IS OKAY AND A KEEPER

How are we all coming???????

Last edited:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Well I guess its time for me to get some things done. I have to visit the funeral home today, but other than that I want to get somethings worked on at least. I got the materials to make Miss Makayla's Cheer thing so I think that I am going to start working on that.

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Sorry I have failed to take time to post an update on my side.
Progress is being made even with very busy days otherwise.

My sewing/crafting for the rest of November and into December:
[x]first...make a baclava for my cycling son as it is much needed now
2 completed rather than 1! mailed and received okay

then...
[x] *finish the decorative pillow ~ with a bit of tweaking
[x] *make simplistic bookmarkers for my husband for Christmas
made 4 different styles
[x] *prep materials for a project for a ladies' group to assemble at church
assembled part of the items as well, needed some done ahead of the
meeting
[/]*make fabric gingerbread boys as gift card holders
worked on this but the pattern won't work for gift cards afterall

if time allows...
*add backing material to complete a tree skirt embroidered at least year ago
*work on new baby items

Charlotte

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
[][][] Finish handsewing on final 3 stockings
[][][] Sew 3 crayon rolls (already cut)
[][] Sew 2 "taggie" blankets (already cut) Have ironed and pinned on the ribbons, so all ready to just sew seams
[] Sew dollie blanket (1 already cut, may make another) - Oops - added ribbons to 3, so this may revert or stay as a taggie
[] Sew mini-tote (already cut)
[] Cut and sew pillowcase for DD
[] Sew handles on other mini-tote
[] Stuff and hand-finish DD's owl cushion
[][] Sew on buttons to 2 crayon rolls (already sewn)
[][][][] Sew in ends on facecloths (teacher presents)
[] Sew in ends and add button to scarf
[] Sew buttons on DD's duvet cover

[] Make another 20 (YIKES!!!) Santas and Snowmen from 2 finger KitKats (for DD's school and creche buddies) - 8 Santa and 4 Snowmen completed so far Got as far as cutting some more paper elements over the weekend

[] Make chilli oil
[] Dry bay leaves
[] Make Onion Marmalade/chutney
[] Make spiced cranberry vodka
[] Make 2-3 batches cookie dough - slice'n'bake type for freezer
[] Make chocolate truffles
[] Make chocolate covered cherries preserved in Gran Canaries honey rum (cherries preserved already, need to do the chocolates part)
[] Make fudge sauce
[] Strain and bottle for presents raspberry vodka

[] Cut and sew DD's pyjamas
[] Cut and sew PJ's for DNephew
[] Buy fabric, cut and sew pj's for other DNephew (if I manage the first 2 pairs OK)
[][][][][][] Sew and stuff tree decorations (already cut)
[][][][][][] Make little cross-stitch pictures to put into clear plastic baubles (this is perhaps too ambitious for THIS Christmas!! LOL!!)
[][][][][][][][][] Cross stitch initials for Stocking tags

I NEED to finish stockings this week. I would REALLY LIKE to finish DD's duvet cover this week, and pillowcase if I get a chance to make that (DD should be moving into her new room next weekend, so it would be a nice touch). And if I got ambitious, I could try to make her the PJs too.

But otherwise, I want to concentrate on finishing other sewing (taggies, crayon rolls, mini totes) and the handsewing (scarf, facecloths). And try to make some more progress on Santas and Snowmen for DD's classmates (it seemed like SUCH a good idea when I started- now I'm really not so sure! LOL!!)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WingedOne, read your post on the last weeks challenge. I am sure you will accomplish several of your items yet~~~BUT like you said there is next year and you will have a list to guide you already and stuff purchased to make it and some of it may be started so 2011 will be underway early for you.

I am really going to try and get stuff made and done by Thanksgivings next year so December will just be the food items closer to time.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I got all the red painted on the thing I just don't know what to call it so thing it is. I started painting the letters on and am just not happy with them so think that I will have to figure something different out. Just not sure what yet. Will try and do that later today. Tomorrow night is Miss Makaylas first band concert so nothing will get done.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I thought I was finished with the projects I wanted to get finished but we drew names at work. Now I need to make an apron and maybe towels and potholders for the lady I drew. I was hoping I could get them finished this past weekend but I wrapped presents instead. I bottled up the vanilla I've been working on tonight and made labels. We are certainly getting close now!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Kim, don't be so hard on yourself!!!!!

MissBrittany, you have made alot of presents this year with your sewing. Just wait till after the first of the year and see what you start whipping up for Carson!

Snickerdoodle, that will be such a nice gift to give to the lady. I love the homemade stuff.
I have to bottle up my vanilla too.

Let's keep a going!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Well stopped at Walmart yesturday and they did not have any more of what I wanted so I guess what I have and what I have done is going to be it unless I decide to spend the 50 dollars and buy what I want which is becoming a great possibilty

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Kim, I know that feeling with Joann's, Michael's and Hobby Lobby all being in a town about 55-60 minutes from me.

Last night I bottled the vanilla, made seasoning salt (DH grinded the pepper) and made cocoa (that needs alittle tweaking yet).

Have to paint the containers yet for it.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana thats about what they all are from me too but tomorrow my mother and I are heading that way so maybe I will find what I need.

My friends mother was going to make Makayla's apron for me but isn't going to have the time todo so. She gave us both an idea of getting the canvas ones and doing something on those so we went and picked up what we needed for those so hopefully I can get Makaylas done Saturday inbetween pictures, fire department christmas party and open skate at the ice rink. Unless I just let her go with her brother to open skate. I have let her go once with a few friends and she did ok so maybe that will happen if not I won't get a chance todo it until Monday when they are at school

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hi all,

Looks like we are all doing pretty well.

I finished some things. I love the shrug for my daughter. I made mittens for son with the local college team colors! Off to work on beret.

{X} Amigurumi crocheted cat toy (DNiece)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70585AD.html?noImages

{X} amigurumi crocheted funny gal (Dsister)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70594AD.html?noImages

{X, __} Beret (Friend, DStepma)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cgs-beret.html
{X, X} crochet towel toppers (DFriends)

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70007.html?noImages

{X, __} Old Christmas Card Basket (DSister, DFriend) Finished one; Need to start another
http://www.allfreecrafts.com/christmas/card-basket.shtml

{X} crochet bobble necklace (DNiece)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70007.html?keywords=noImages

{X} Black Shrug for (DD)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60040.html?noImages=

{X, __} Mittens (DS & DH) Started
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80670AD.html?noImages=

{ } Baseball Paper Weight, crochet (DH)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80310AD.html

{ } Drink Cozy (DD)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90152AD.html

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Jampss, hopefully we are all getting to this stage somewhat! :smilegifts:
I am finishing some things but haven't started any wrapping. DH wraps better than me (he is more patient) so he will help if I need it.

We are doing candies/cookies this week-end to get trays out on Sun. evening/Monday a.m. and then it will be crafting to finish up.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Yesturday my mom and I went right by Joannes, Hobby Lobby and AC Moore with out stopping at any of them. I did get to Aeropastle and get the boys shirts and Khols for the girls shirts for their pictures today. I have never put my kids in matching clothes before for pictures Maranda and my nefew Mikey always had matching outfits when they were little for pictures and they were ok

I really need to get to work on some things today with out Miss Makayla seeing them which is going to be hard

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Update on progress:

[x][x][x] Finish handsewing on final 3 stockings
[][][] Sew 3 crayon rolls (already cut)
[][] Sew 2 "taggie" blankets (already cut) Have ironed and pinned on the ribbons, so all ready to just sew seams
[] Sew dollie blanket (1 already cut, may make another) - Oops - added ribbons to 3, so this may revert or stay as a taggie
[] Sew mini-tote (already cut)
[] Cut and sew pillowcase for DD
[] Sew handles on other mini-tote
[] Stuff and hand-finish DD's owl cushion
[][] Sew on buttons to 2 crayon rolls (already sewn)
[][][][] Sew in ends on facecloths (teacher presents)
[] Sew in ends and add button to scarf
[] Sew buttons on DD's duvet cover......Gave it to her without buttons to start with!

[] Make another 20 (YIKES!!!) Santas and Snowmen from 2 finger KitKats (for DD's school and creche buddies) - 8 Santa and 4 Snowmen completed so far Got as far as cutting some more paper elements over the weekend

[] Make chilli oil
[] Dry bay leaves
[] Make Onion Marmalade/chutney
[] Make spiced cranberry vodka
[] Make 2-3 batches cookie dough - slice'n'bake type for freezer
[] Make chocolate truffles
[] Make chocolate covered cherries preserved in Gran Canaries honey rum (cherries preserved already, need to do the chocolates part)
[] Make fudge sauce
[] Strain and bottle for presents raspberry vodka

[] Cut and sew DD's pyjamas
[] Cut and sew PJ's for DNephew
[] Buy fabric, cut and sew pj's for other DNephew (if I manage the first 2 pairs OK)
[][][][][][] Sew and stuff tree decorations (already cut)
[][][][][][] Make little cross-stitch pictures to put into clear plastic baubles (this is perhaps too ambitious for THIS Christmas!! LOL!!)
[][][][][][][][][] Cross stitch initials for Stocking tags

I finished the stockings yesterday on our Santa Train trip - which got my sister and the mum across the aisle smiling. It was a real old-fashioned trip (steam train, Santa, Christmas songs with strolling guitarists getting whole carriages singing!) and this just topped it off I think!!

DH is away most of this week, and I have the work stresses under control, and the builders should finish today. SO the aim is to get the rest of the crafting that I will do this year, done this week and get a lot of wrapping done too (oh, and write a few cards for the post!!).