Crafters Challenge December 7th-13th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to another week!

I cut my towel tops out last night and anxious to try them. My sewing room is Jaymees old room and Teigan sleeps in there so couldn't sew when she sleeps.

In the craft room I have my great grandparents dining room that is big. I could put my machine on it but the material is all in there.

Have other items to make too.

What are you all working this week?

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
My dd found an ornament on etsy she thought we should all buy one for christmas. They are beautiful but I think I could make them.
I don't have a picture of the ornament but if you google
Because someone we know is in heaven, there's a little bit of heaven in our home.
You will see different ones.
I would also change the words to in my home,,,

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
P.A. I don't see what you want us to google :(

Finshed my santa keys. Pics are on my blog.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, the keys are very cute!

DD, thankx for sharing the pictures, very cute.

The yr. we had the 3 deaths in 14 weeks (grandpa, dad and then grandma) my sister made ornaments with feathers and a poem.

I have the 5 towels ready to sew the material along the top. Tried one last night and stitched weren't straight on one line (bulkiness of gathered towel--) so I will keep it and will try something else on the others. Have to cut out 1 more top part and then have 3 to sew together. Might try to get them sewn together before leaving for work--will see.

Got the 3 potholders done. Hard to sew a square. Shouldn't have a comment like that because many of times I have to redo a simple line!!!!

Sewing is my plan tonight so shall see.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

Lana ~ It sounds like you are making towels with hanging toppers. Are they Christmas-themed? I have pot holders I need to work on, too.

p.a. ~ Those ornaments are touching. I can see them done in cross stitch, too.

Lucie ~ The Santa keys are great!

I've determined that the afghan is long enough, so I've knit 2 of the 5 final edging rows, then just bind off and sew in the yarn ends. I also found a dropped stitch that I think I can easily attach, so it won't ravel and won't show. I'm not sure how it happened that I still had the right number of stitches. I'm ready to make an ornament with the Nutcracker CCS motif. Guess I'll have to move ahead with potholders and/or placemats. And I need to get the house smelling good with cookie baking, too!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Good morning all! I can tell things are humming!

I've finished the two felt donuts and 5 felt apple slices. Next up:

4 felt chocolate chip cookies

Then I'll try my hand at a felt strawberry and if it goes well I'll make several. :)

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
Sorry Lucie , try going to Pinterest and looking up the poem and add 'ornaments' after the poem

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Crafts 2014

Oh boy! Everyone sounds busy. Fun stuff!
I put a picture of my minion fingerless gloves in my crafts 2014 album! They are for DNiece21. Last year, 2013, I made her a minion scarf ... so now she matches!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
jampss - Love the gloves! Sooo cute!

I have mostly taken the last couple nights "off" from crafting but I did get the lattice topping for a felt cherry pie prepped and pinned, now ready to sew.

I also cut some pieces for a felt lemon slice I'm going to try.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Love those Minion Fingerless Gloves.

I bought a Bucilla felt stocking kit today to make for my new DSonIL. I don't know if I can finish it for Christmas. I might start it this evening and see what I think. If not this year, I'll have it for the future.