Crafters Challenge Feb. 20th~~26th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Another week is here and almost another month down!!!

This week I did the last 4 holidays that I needed for the weight covers at work.

Will work on the project for the class I am in today. Last class tom. night.

What is everybody else planning for this week?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm so horrible at this. I did no knitting whatsoever last week and that was my only goal I think. I would love to sew something. I wish I could find a class here.

Anyway, this week my goal will be to choose an ornament and make a list of needed supplies. Maybe even make a prototype if I have the stuff.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
All the pockets are sewn on my advent calendar. Now I need to put a few decorations (ornaments on it) before sewing the back & front together. But it'll be another time. Enough for now.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Jess I didn't get anything done either last week except deliver a present DGD & I had made. And buying some more yarn. Don't know what or if I'll get anything done but hope to...

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I'd like to get to the heel part on the toe down sock I'm knitting - the next class is 3/10. I'd like to try and start another toe up sock to see if I got the method right.

I'd also like to finish the second wristlet I'm working on.

Finally, if I can get to Michael's and find the kind of album I want I'd love to start on my Alaska photo scrapbook.

Debbie

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Yesterday, my friends and I had a crop, but I spent the day making decorations. I cut out the cricut pieces I needed to make 10 3D chandaliers for the party decorations. I finished the cake topper cutouts and made a bunch of wall signs for her party. I also worked on the 60+ thank you cards I'm making from hand and second guessed that decision after I sat there FOREVER! I love coming up with the designes, but sometimes it would be so much easier to just go BUY things. But ultimately after all the fuss, it's always worth it. Isn't that why we craft???

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Looks like we are working slowly but surely. Have to have a little down time sometime. I posted a picture (with errors and all) of the cherry top thing for class that I finished. Hope we get to the marking part tom. night but probably just the binding.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lana, that cherry coverlet is beautiful! Loved the green blog & the pics with your grandfather's bench & grandma's 25.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Looks like we are working slowly but surely. Have to have a little down time sometime. I posted a picture (with errors and all) of the cherry top thing for class that I finished. Hope we get to the marking part tom. night but probably just the binding.

I like it. The errors would be hard to notice if you hadn't pointed them out.

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
still no progress on carson's quilt but it will be quick and easy once i start. i did dress up 5 burp cloths, though. pics are on my blog.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I didn't make much progress last week, but I did start the cross-stitch yesterday. The first of my circle pictures - it's a set of holly leaves - has half the first berry done. It was just a bit too detailed to be trying to do in the car.

I ended up driving a lot of the time anyway, so couldn't have done much. But I DID have DH getting very complimentary about my sewing and spotting a couple of things that were "not nearly so good or so big" for sale at €15 in a local florist. He reckons I need to use my stash to make a stash of things to sell coming up to Christmas. My cunning plan can be out in the open now!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Thank you for the comments about the cherry project. Last night I sat it together and started basting it at class.

Brittany, the cloths are cute. Main problem most of the time is just getting started. Once we get the time to do it, we can accomplish things. Time is getting closer for you!

Wingedone, the get away did you good even if you didn't get as much done as you wanted. NIce of DH to comment on your sewing.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
Lana, your cherry patchwork is beautiful! I have been sidetracked for a little while but I'm back now. I bought some of the clear glass ornaments at the after Christmas sales and last night I glittered the inside of them. They turned out so cute! Then I'm going to use my cricut to cut vinyl names and add ribbons. I'll post a picture when I get them finished. I'm also crocheting some dish cloths for me because I really need some new ones. I am still working on a list of projects but I'm getting there. Sounds like everyone is making great progress.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Snickerdoodle, thank you! Sounds like you have a nice little list to work on. I haven't really used my cricut very much but sounds neat to do the ornaments with vinyl.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am going to find my master list and add fabric bowl covers to it for gifts.

For 2011 I would really like to make alot of the gifts again. I just love to make and give homemade items to people, whether it is food related (mixes, or already made), holiday items or something they can use year round.

I have a mental list started so will list some.

1.) Thread catcher for mom, Miranda, Jaymee and myself (maybe my friend in Iowa)

2.) Snowman pillow Miranda~~~~~~~~~~~~DONE

3.) Bubble Light for my friends in Iowa and mail it to them before Thanksgiving

4.) Coasters--sets of 6

6.) Have the pattern for the table runner so will decide who I would like to do one for

7.) Need to think of the item I would like to do for the 12 Days of Christmas so if they have it again

8.) Need to get some vanilla beans to start more vanilla for next year

9.) See if Jaymee likes that material for a tree skirt or not for her tree

10.) See if Ryan and Jaymee want me to do them a stocking for their house or get their own ( I think his aunt got them stocking kits to decorate them one~maybe)

11.) Quilted Scarf make one for myself and decide on if any for gifts

More ideals will come~~but these are ones I am thinking now.

Adding:

12.) fabric bowl covers for gifts

Weight covers for work:

1.) winter theme one~~~~~~~~~~~~ DONE 1-2-11 Snowflake material

2.) Valentine's Day~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DONE

3.) St. Patty's Day~~~~~~~~~~~~~DONE

4.) Easter~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DONE

5.) Spring~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DONE

6.) 4th of July~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DONE

and maybe

7.) back to school

Last edited:

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Got a lot of cutting done yesterday for my Easter tablerunner... only so much you can do when you are supposed to stay off your feet. :( Hoping to make some progress on the quilt this weekend... don't know why I can't get started on that thing, I sure put enough money into it!