Crafters Challenge Feb. 27th~~March 5th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to another week and a new month!!!!

With the change of weather starting to take place it won't be long that I will be spending lots of time outside. At least I hope it won't be long! Have lots of cleaning and organizing to do out there. (too, just like inside)

I am still collecting ideals for Christmas gifts and haven't quite settled on one for the swap yet.

Have some patching I need to get to for the guys.

What are you all working on?

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
Hey Lana...

I too havent decided on my Christmas Swap item...

My week is finishing Dakotas Bunny
Finish fixing the repair to my friends Daughters Ballet shoes
and I would love to find a crochet vest for me.. I want to make a light airy one in like a loden green..

Thats my Craft week.. I too am looking forward to getting outside.. it may not happen till late March around here..

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I am going to try to finish a scrapbook album I am making. I have both covers made. Now just need to do the pages. I do need my DS to look at the photos before I bind them into an album so they are in the correct order.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I need to finish my advent calendar but I don't have the fabric paint... that can be done later anyway. I need to finish the sewing part.

I also need to try to make my fabric candy canes. If I could do one it would be great to know how much time is needed to make them. I want to make 3 tied-together for each friend... I need 12 (10 friends + 1 for me + 1 for mom).

Why is it crafts get done after everything else? it always gets pushed aside.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
This week I am going to work on the ornaments I started last week. I need to get some ribbon and I just checked Hobby Lobby's ad and it looks like it's 50% off. I also want to work on a cosmetic case for my son's girlfriend (soon to be fiance, very excited about that) and then continue crocheting during my TV time.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
snickerdoodle,
Congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
DGD & I knitted a couple of pair of mittens for the babies at the Indian reservation. Hope to do more this week...

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I am continuing to work on the cross-stitch this week. I also want to get some machine sewing done - I have 4 projects to finish off and hope to get a couple of hours with the machine out to do those.

I then have plans - probably not for this week though - to cut out and sew 5 aprons, a few owls, a set of bunting, some more stockings, and a rice-pad/bag (to heat for sore shoulders). To possibly be followed by a few sets of table mats, and some pot-holders.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Looks like everyone does have a plan. Like Lucie said~~~those plans always seem to be the ones that get pushed aside. Like Becky mentioned~~~we should use a timer and allow ourselves 15, 30 minutes or a certain time to work on crafts.

Hoping all will get a chance to work on something they plan.

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Carson's quilt...

[X] cut squares
[] piece
[] quilt
[] bind

Easter tablerunner...
[X] cut
[X] set up design
[] piece
[] back
[] quilt
[] bind

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
I have been finding it very difficult to craft with the new baby. But I seem to be getting more time when she sleeps or will sit in her chair or swing and talk to her mobile animals so maybe I can get something done this week. Right now my focus is on my dd9 birthday slumber party. I also want to start nailing down some ideas for Christmas and birthdays so I can get started. Here is what I need to do this week;

()Birthday Invitations
()Aloha banner
()Happy Birthday Banner
() Tissue paper Flowers
()Centerpieces?
()Hem Husbands pants
()Sew shirt for dd9
()Sew dress for dd9
look for Christmas ideas

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
after getting my tablerunner all laid out i realized it was about 4 rows too long so i altered the design and pieced half of the top last night. love how it looks but there are so many shared seams it's going to be a bear to quilt. luckily my grandmother sent me a brand new rowenta steam iron, which is helping a lot!

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Lucinda, Have any photos of your cute little one? Enjoy that slumber party.
MissBrittany, Glad you laid it out first instead of just starting to sew (which is what I would do!).

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Well, I had the machine out last night alright, but not to do any of my projects. DD announced that, as part of World Book Day, they are dressing up as their favourite character in school, and she wanted to be Willie Wonka! (In fairness, she had specifically asked to re-read that book last weekend so we are in "The Chocolate Room" so far, Augustus is on the bank scooping up chocolate!).

So I went to the DIY store and got a wide dowel rod and a wooden handle - cut the dowel to walking stick size, and wood glued on the knob to make the walking stick. No painting involved - just not enough time.

Cut a sheet of gold card and made 2 Golden Tickets, one for DD and 1 for Charlie Bucket.

Cut up a cereal box to make a hat crown and rim. DD coloured those black and I stuck them together with some stiffish other card (red - we have to use our imaginations when we don't already have supplies).

And I had an old purple shirt I got in a charity shop with the intention of using for the fabric. I pinned down the collar and ironed that into a more "jacket-style" collar than shirt collar. Took off the top 2 buttons. Took off the bottom 18" of the shirt front and neatened edges. Cut the back part into 2 tails (just cut a large "V" out of the base), and sewed up all the edges. One plum coloured (not quite velvet) tail coat.

I just hope she apreciates it this morning (she was asleep when most of this was done).

As the machine is out though, I should get some more of MY sewing done tonight.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WingedOne, sounds like a very nice job accomplished on such short notice!! She will look adorable.

Cindasnow, so glad to see you posting with us again. :) I am sure you are very busy with the baby and a 9 yr.. I am still trying to decide which projects will be for Christmas too.

Brittany, you are making alot of progress. I agree WTG laying it out first. Nice of g'ma to send an iron.

Crafting wise, I am at ZERO but wedding planning coming along.

Can't wait to get my back focused on crafts.

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Carson's quilt...

[X] cut squares
[] piece
[] quilt
[] bind

Easter tablerunner...

[X] cut
[X] set up design
[X] piece
[] back
[] quilt
[] bind

so i finished the top of the runner. i'm glad i used a color value pattern in this one rather than illogical placement like in the fruitcake one from winter. i also made a mini quilt/security blanket and half of another for 2 small foster children placed with my parents tonight... a brother and sister who i will go see tomorrow. i have to bind the second one and i'm done. i also got some new fabric in today and did a little bit of planning on my niece's quilt. i need to get my hands on some cloth diapers to dress up for baby gifts for 2 coworkers whose wives are pregnant with their first babies. most of all, i need to START SEWING carson's quilt since he will be here soon... i'm somehow working on everything BUT that. :p

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Brittany, sounds like you have been busy!!! Nice of you to do a mini quilt for the kids. How long now till Carson comes? Went to your blog to see pictures but didn't see any of the table runners or mini quilts.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I finished he second wristlet and am now working on a sock for DS that I had started last year:). I'm not enjoying working with the yarn but I hate to scrap it because I'm already up to the heel turning. I'll just grumble on...

I might start something else just to be entertained instead of annoyed when I knit.

I also have a few craft projects in mind.

Debbie

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I am giving 4 people on my lists this year the glass blocks made into night lights. I am using my cricut to cut out vinyl to apply to the face of the block. I found the blocks at Home Depot and took them to a local glass shop to have them drilled for the lights. They will be ready on Monday and I will get to work on these gifts. I'm going to Hobby Lobby today to get the ribbon for my ornaments as well as some more yarn. I feel so much better since I have a list of projects and know where I'm headed!

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Hey Lana. 5 more weeks come Monday! I didn't take pics of the mini quilts but I'll get some of the runner once it's all done.