Crafters Challenge Feb. 3rd-Feb. 9th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Last week I did not accomplish finishing anything.

I have purchased more material for the items I have to work on. Material for ruffles on Madisons skirt I want to try to make and then more camo for a quilt for my nephew I want to try to make.

This week my plan is:

hem a pr. of pants for a coworker

patch 4 pairs of pants for Allens friend

Start getting the strips cut for Shanes quilt----Allen will cut those he wanted the longer mat and ruler to make it faster with stuff

cut material fro Madisons ruffles

cut material for Madisons infinity scarf

Shall see where I get.

What would you like to get done this week?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I still need to hem those jeans we have.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
will try to start on the Smurfette ornament this week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finally finished the purple and pink crocheted rug, just need to tie off the ends. I made 20 beaded bracelets for a friends school fete so that can be ticked off the list.

Had my first sewing class tonight and I have some homework from that. The teacher wants me to do a sampler of all the stitches on my machine, she called it a stitchonary.

Will start a green and red crochet rug tomorrow night.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Diedra, I know you can do that this week!!!

Lucie, got one down so now you will have the feel for it and move right along!

Katrina, must say you are really moving it girl! I remember when I first got this machine I did that on a piece of material and then when I went back for like a one on one training she was surprised I did that. I wanted to see them all. Wish I would of tried embroidery part more. Main reason I got the machine and don't use it. :(

Hoping to get some cleaning out of the way and when off Thursday sew away! So is the plan.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I actually bought some supplies for the Christmas yarn wreaths I want to make! They are still in the bag, but I bought them!

March is my basement target month and that is when I'll be able to get the craft area set up and really be able to start on things. Plus its just too darn cold down there right now.

Keep up the good work, ladies!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Kim good on you for buying the yarn for the wreaths. As you said at least it is bought.
I am on a bit of a crafting bug at the moment but i need to pull back as i will have more supplies than time and i don't want to have 100's of UFO's.

looking forward to summer winding down, i get more done in the winter

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
I'm in! got a few little projects to finish up still & the baby blankets before I can start my craft show items.... reading the posts & looking for the "like" button then realizing I"m not on facebook right now - DUH!

lulu- I would LOVE to see the smurfette ornament!

Kim- you have the yarn now you can take your time making them.

HAGD!
Tina

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished my smurfette ornament! will post pics tomorrow (either from the office or I should have my mini laptop back).

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I finished my sewing sampler, it took longer than I thought, but it turned out well. I hope my sewing teacher is pleased with it. I need to find two different fabrics as we will be making a pin cushion on Monday.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Katrina, It sounds like you are enjoying your sewing class.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well pin cushion not so great, did not realise how hard it is to sew in a circle. Pin cushion looks more like a cloud!!!!!!!!! Anyway if I have time this week I will try again.
Bought the fabric for my project, I will be doing a tote bag in pink and brown fabric. Should be nice, and it is straight lines lol

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Katrina, that is okay and I am sure it is fine. So are you enjoying the classes?

I didn't start a a thread this week with them working on the site.

I have gotten the 4 pairs of jeans patched for Allens friend.

Hoping tonight to work on the pants for a cw. Have to even up one side.

Madisons party is Sat. night so I have to get get started on her skirt, to see if I can do it.

Did start more vanilla for Christmas gifts on Sunday.

How is everybody else coming along?

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Lana - The basement is unfinished at this point but it's a walk out basement so it's bright - I am setting up my own version of a craft 'room' by creating walls with shelving and tables and such. It will just be nice to have everything in one place and accessible.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished dd's scarf last night. will wait until she sees it to see if it's long enough, large enough and if she wants a fringe.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Yes, Lana I am enjoying the classes, it is very informative. Will start on my bag Monday night, and I am looking forward to it. If it works well it will be a great idea for Christmas gifts as it is very functional plus you could do so many different fabrics etc. some of the other girls are working on skirts etc and I am the only one doing a craft.

Re did my pin cushion yesterday and it is much better.