Crafters Challenge Feb. 3rd-Feb. 9th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

wijulie

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
SE Wisconsin
Katrina---you make me laugh, with you pincushion that looks "more like a cloud!" I am in total agreement with you, it IS hard to sew in a circle! I've sew a fair number things in my time, and can't say I ever got the hang of circles.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Kim, will be VERY NICE to have your own space where ever and however. Sounds like nice plan with the shelves and tables.

Lucie, WTG on the scarf!

I (Allen helped with me trying them on pinning hems) finished the pants for co-worker. Thank Goodness! I never want to do another pair with an underlay and a sheer on top!!!!

I am down to my stuff now. Have 2 items to finish for Saturday night. Hoping!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Fun!

Had my first sewing class tonight and I have some homework from that. The teacher wants me to do a sampler of all the stitches on my machine, she called it a stitchonary.
How fun for you! Enjoy!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Sewing

Katrina, must say you are really moving it girl! I remember when I first got this machine I did that on a piece of material and then when I went back for like a one on one training she was surprised I did that. I wanted to see them all. Wish I would of tried embroidery part more. Main reason I got the machine and don't use it. :(
I have some old I don't know what sewing machine, like 20 years old or older. It has a few embroidery stitches. I have NEVER used them. I don't sew. I "mend". LOL

However, over the years as DD20 has grown, in middle school she decided to make a skirt in the 4H sewing project. I was to help. Reading patterns ... YUCK! LOL

Then we made a stuffed animal ... a horse. She entered these items as exhibits in the Youth Fair. I was her "project guide" ... showing her how to read patterns and sew on the machine. Funny ... cuz like I said, I don't sew! We both learned a lot.

So, this past Oct thru Dec ... yes, it took us that long ... she got a Victorian coat pattern to make. You guessed it, I was to help again and OH... reading that pattern!!!!!!! But, it got made! LOL She can wear it with pride.

And that old machine keeps on chugging along. LOL

Just thought I'd share!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Wow

I (Allen helped with me trying them on pinning hems) finished the pants for co-worker. Thank Goodness! I never want to do another pair with an underlay and a sheer on top!!!!

I'm not sure what all that means ... but it didn't sound fun! LOL

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Feb 17

Well, I have been working on two scarves ... one cream, one cranberry since before Christmas. Crocheting. I think they will be gifts for 2013 since they didn't get done for 2012.

I tried taking in the waist of jeans I got at Good Will. I hate the gap in the back! I searched on YouTube for 'how' ... since I don't sew! LOL My old machine didn't like the thick denim. Well, they are sort of done and ok and wearable. LOL

I make crochet squares. So, do other homeschooling moms and teen daughters. We put them together and make blankets for Warm Up America! and donate them to an organization that helps families get out of homelessness. So, that's on going.

Helping son with a recycle cat bed for his 4H exhibit. It's from cardboard. Too cute! http://www.designsponge.com/2009/01/diy-project-recycled-cardboard-kitty-pad.html

That's about it for me.