Crafters Challenge February 14th~21st

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Here we are starting out another week.

For now besides bringing my whole list over and pasting it here will just put down what I want to do this week.

For the baby that a co-workers wife is having I would like to do:

a few burp rags

then either bibs or

a blanket

Plus:

Shake the vanilla everyday

What do you all want to accomplish?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'd like to finish MIL's hat this week and cut out some felt food patterns so I can bring these with me when we go on our all-weekend hockey tournament starting friday.

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Ongoing work on two Christmas gift projects is on tap. I hope to start another plastic canvas remote control cover for my husband and continue making little blocks as gifts for some special friends. Also I am continuing my charity baby items. For those this week will be at least one little bereavement blanket and two more hand embroidered quilt squares. Add more machine work on a blouse being made for me and my week will be full, relaxing and productive.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I am praying that I cna start this challenge this year... I have in mind to do some memory boards, to place pics, or cards on. I would like to do about 6 of those this year. And then I have a few wreaths that I want to decorate for others, my mom in particular, lol lol As I am not a crafty person. I can not crochet , quilt or the jars of _____...lol lol so I am kind of in a bind......I like the advent calendars as well... So if I can keep focused on a few things, maybe this will work...... lol lol s
But I am going to get the materials for the memory boards this week, and get those started....
thanks for the encouragement with this thread..
God Bless, DawnSu

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
I am pleased to share that this has been a very productive week crafting wise. All of my goals were met or exceeded.

Rather than stitch just the pieces, I was able to completely make a remote control cover for my husband for Christmas.
The individual pieces for another plastic canvas alphabet block are finished.
For the charity baby items stash two more bereavement blankets and two more embroidered quilt squares are done.
All machine work is completed on my blouse. A bit of handwork and the addition of buttons will make it ready to wear.

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Lana, what are the "snuggies for the suitcase handles"? It sounds like something to make carrying them more comfortable. Please share more.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The site that I found them on is:

http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/

go to the labels on the left hand side down to sewing and then it is on the June 1, 2009 post. Luggage handle covers.

They have good ideals under the gift labels too. Washer necklace, pizza flavoring, and I love the crust recipe. Also found the notsoidlehands blog from them.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I finally got my cosmetic cases cut out and ready to assemble. I got distracted cleaning up my sewing room for a little while but I'm now ready to get re-started. Lana, I love the blog you posted about. Very inspiring!!

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Thanks for the link, Lana. That is a very creative and useful item. The tutorial looks so easy. A couple of these would be ideal for my son who lives in CA. This would help identify his luggage when he flies home for a visit. Gotta add this to my Christmas gift list, even though I don't like to sew velcro.