Crafters Challenge Jan. 15th-21st

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I did actually make the infinity scarf this past week.

I patched some items for people and will get that out of my house and returned where they go.

I think I have picked out my ideal for the CIJ ornament swap here on MHH. If interested please sign up the thread is out. Also I think I have picked out my item for the 12 Days of Christmas Swap and also the other swap I do.

Need to go to HL and see if they still have the sox monkey fleece. Will do a blanket for my nieces 7th b'day in April. Her sister will be 9 in Feb.. Not sure what I will do for her.

Since patching other peoples stuff I have to do my sons cover alls now.

What are you all up to?

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished the scarf I had started for me last year. I put 3 flower appliqués on it too.

Went through my craft notebook. I will put together my craft list for 2012. I think my idea for my gift for my friends is chosen too... but I only have a picture... I need to figure out how to do it.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I have started a new craft club called Craftaturday. It involves three of us who live in different areas of Virginia and we are going to get together at least quarterly if not more often to craft together. We will alternate houses. I really excited about this. We have created a blog that still needs it's initial post and we'll all contribute to it. It will be fun to see what comes from this. In the meantime I'm seeking lots and lots of craft ideas for our upcoming sessions!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
This week I would like to put together my Hawaii scrapbook and get that out of the way.

Knitwise I started knitting one of those string tote bags. I can't wait to see how it comes out. Very easy pattern but I don't think I'll understand the construction until I do it.

Lucie - how does your craft notebook work? What do you put in it and how do you organize it?
Lana - glad you have all your decisions made
Kim - that sounds like a great group

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Kim, what a great club!!!!! My friends don't really craft so, wouldn't work for me. At work I mention sewing and my boss goes off on how she doesn't like it and one Christmas years ago her husband got her a machine and etc.... You will have fun and get ideals. Nice girl time out too!

Debbie, can't wait to see your tote bag. You make so many nice things. Jaymee likes wine themed items and I am trying to find some napkins (should of just taken your basket---LOL) to do one of the baskets.

People are finding more items for me to patch. :( :(

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I have been working all weekend on moving back into my craft room. A week ago I had to empty it all out to have it re-carpeted and then painted. It is all finished and now I am sorting thru everything and re-organizing. It is taking a lot of time! I just hope I can find everything after I put it all away.

When I get this all finished, I would like to re-start where I left off on the crayon rolls. They are almost done.

Lucie, your scarf is beautiful. I'm sure you will get a lot of compliments wearing it.

Kim, a crafting group sounds like a lot of fun! I wish NC was a little closer to VA.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Kim, that does sound like fun! I don,t have anybody around her who wants to craft :( another one of those times when I wish I lived nearer to my mom.. we could do it together (my sis would NOT join in, but that's ok).

Debbie, my craft notebook is just a binder where I put patterns that I have printed off (do it less & less because I now have Pinterest). I put dividers in... christmas, Halloween, sewing, crochet, other...

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Carol, Hope you post some photos of your new craft room.

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
Pop's ties are taken apart and need to be gently washed and dried. Then I'll iron and cut into bookmarks.

Two more Christmas ornaments done.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hoping tonight to sew some pillows while watching a movie that I would like to see. Would just sew them and keep them flat and then for Christmas next year stuff them.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Kim, your craft club sounds like so much fun!

My sisters and I are getting together in March for a couple of days. I told them we were going to do some craft projects. Need to start gathering ideas and supplies. It will be here before I know it.

Plan on working on my cruise scrapbook this week.