Crafters Challenge Jan. 30th~~Feb. 5th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, one month is gone so about 10 3/4 to go to get crafts done for Christmas. I only did the 1 pillow for a Christmas gift.

This week I need to work on baby bibs and burp rags for a shower on Feb. 12th in Kentucky. I won't be able to go due to working that day. Shower is at noon. Couple lives in Ohio but she is from Kentucky.

So that is my plan. With Jaymee getting this house and running there for a few things takes my nights some times. She will be gone before long so I better enjoy these times.:(

What are your plans this week?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Last week I didn't work on DD's scarf at all so I need to do that this week. I did cut out the hearts just haven't hung them yet, maybe today.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I finished another baby blanket and started a third one - crochet this time. After that 2 more to go. Then think about what I'll be making for Christmas.

I really want to make something for myself with the new yarn I bought. I'll have to get DH to hold the yarn so I can wind it into a ball. That will be my project today.

Debbie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I started making my advent calendar tree. I don't think I,ll finish it this week but I will work on it.
I posted pics on my blog if you want to see what it looks like.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
As we're planning a trip this coming weekend don't know if I'll get anything done. I did help DGD(she did most of the work) knit a fingerless mitt last night. She likes to wear just 1 mitt LOL

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
I made 3 small pillows for my sister's kids today... they are part of their birthday presents. I also made curtains for the smaller of the two windows in the baby's room. One window is 22 inches wide, the other is 82. :p

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Becky, reading your list I know you have your pins done. :smilehearts:

Halimer, you are really moving it on your blankets girl. :snowman:

Lucie, it looks nice. Good for you on the early start. :gingerbread:

Brittany, you are also really making waves!!! So glad you are taking the time to make yourself something. Can't wait to see what you get done when you get that wave of energy before Carson is born. Keep up the good work~~:easterbunny:

Tricia, love the one mitten! So cute. Think I can only use 4 images per post so.....

Last edited:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I just downloaded a couple of pics of my DGD fingerless mitt...She is working on another one...

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I love your tree Lucie!

I know I keep getting on here and telling you about all my daughters projects, but with her learning to sew and redecorating her room, I'm really trying to get her involved. It's fun though, because with independent art she gets to lead the direction. On Friday she got approval to make and design 4 pillows for her new room. She going to embroider a "fashion" quote on one and got that lettering written out today on the fabric. Something from Coco Chanel.

Yesterdays Project Valentine craft day when so so. My daughter was able to get 20 kids to join us, but unfortunately you know how a few rowdy ones can ruin it. 3 boys showed up and they were good for the first hour while they were making some kind of nuts and bolt key chain, but when the more detailed stuff came they weren't really caring and doing a good job. Eventually, they said that the kids didn't RSVP and they had a large girl scout troop coming in that they needed to make room for. The kids were expecting 5 hours of community service time and only got half of that. But I can't blame it on my daughter, I just think next time we need to be a little mory picky.

Last night I finished my 8 cards and added some rhinestones to my daughters memory cards for her party. Things are coming together. I have to spend this week getting ready for my scrapbooking retreat this weekend, but when I get back I do have a paper craft project I want to make for my daughter. I'm trying to find the link, but haven't yet.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
It's a whole new thing for me, so I'm really excited to share yet another thing in common. The photography thing and now the room decorating. I realize she's really been listening to me and watching me, more then I ever realized. That's special!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
When Jaymee first set her wedding date and she choose December and I thought wow!!!! She had so many cute ideals for it. (was sad to have to change it) But I also thought gee she does like all the the little extra things we do at that time of the year.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I am not making great progress, but I have finally started the sleeveless jumper for DD for school. I only managed to cast on and 3 rows of ribbing, and I am now considering if I should make the age 6-7 size rather than 4-5, as she turned 5 over Christmas and is on (ANOTHER!!) growth spurt. And given the speed of my knitting, I may need to have the larger size so she can wear it.

Given that it's sleeveless, the larger size would work OK wouldn't it? (And I wouldn't weep too much at losing 4 rows).

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Now Lana, this might sound a little morbid, but I was joking with my girlfriend (partially joking I guess) and told her since I didn't have a December wedding, I wanted a Christmas funeral. No matter what, I want white christmas played at my funeral, I want some christmas theme flowers....oh..and candy canes..LOL She said..."welll...that's very interestinggggg...do-able and so you...."

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I am not making great progress, but I have finally started the sleeveless jumper for DD for school. I only managed to cast on and 3 rows of ribbing, and I am now considering if I should make the age 6-7 size rather than 4-5, as she turned 5 over Christmas and is on (ANOTHER!!) growth spurt. And given the speed of my knitting, I may need to have the larger size so she can wear it.

Given that it's sleeveless, the larger size would work OK wouldn't it? (And I wouldn't weep too much at losing 4 rows).

My opinion is make the bigger size, even if it is a bit big she will grow into it...

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Michelle, hey if that is your wish go for it. Well, be sure somebody else does. My MIL went against all the wishes of Allen's stepdad at his funeral. Told her I wasn't help to plan it.