Crafters Challenge January 27-Feb. 2nd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Can you believe that when this weeks challenge is over that one month will also have past?!?

This week I did do Kristens pillowcase and kleenex holder. Pictures on my blog.

Jaymee was here this afternoon and I did sort some material with her and she took some home.

This week I have to hem a pair of pants for a cw, and hoping to do the girls scarfs and start on Madisons skirt. Took their measurements today.

What are your plans?

Craft List to make for 2013:

( ) Jaymee a stocking with wine material (Christmas)

( ) Jaymee an apron with wine material

( ) 3 thread catchers (2 for Christmas gifts or maybe one b'day or Mothers Day and one for myself)

** (XX ) 2 themed pillow cases** Done for nieces b'days. One in Feb. and one in April***

( ) 2 infinity scarfs
All the items with 2 are for nieces b'days in Feb. & April
( ) 2 ruffle skirts

**(XX ) 2 kleenex holders **Done for nieces b'days. One in Feb. and one in April***

( ) fleece tie blanket Nephews b'day in Sept.

( ) start more vanilla --- beans ordered on 1-5

( ) decide on item for HGTV 12 days of Christmas

( ) decide on item for CIJ ornament swap here

( ) decide on ornament for another swap
If I join these 2
( ) decide on item for Jill's 12 Days of Christmas

( ) 1600" (will be bigger for a king size) quilt for nephews 30th b'day in April

( ) 1600" (not sure size but with either Q or K) for a friends 50th b'day in May

( ) need a few more change out covers for our weight thingy at work drive up window. Last year something took our Christmas one.

( ) still have barbie clothes I would like to do

( ) scrappy pot holders

( ) Christmas pillows

( ) choose ornaments to make for family/friends

( ) Unfinished projects for myself

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Need to hem to pairs of pants for dd... hoping it can be done this week.
Started on 1 smurf ornament last night.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I need to finish the doll blankets.... the binding is not going on as nice as my other quilts. :(

I need to decide on some upcoming projects. Need a trip to Joann's very soon. I have some advanced quilting patterns I am tempted to try. I haven't made a quilt for myself yet.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I started a quilt this weekend, I haven't made one in a couple of years. I also just made an infinity scarf for dd. It was a pattern that I pinned on Pinterest, it uses two fat quarters. It went together very quickly. I think I am going to make one for me in our school colors to wear to the basketball game tomorrow.

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
I have 2 baby blankets to make for DSIL to give to 2 sisters due 2 months apart & recently lost both parents to cancer ( all prayers are welcome)

after that I start my Christmas crafts again...

hagd
Tina

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Wow! Everybody so busy! Sounds like very nice projects that everybody is working on. Carol, I like making the infinity scarfs. Will check out pin. I probably pinned it from you. lol I pin alot in hopes of spare time some day!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What a great job everyone is doing. I recently bought some lovely t towels that i think will look great with giant ric rac or a ruffle on them.
Still crocheting rugs to give to my friend who sells them for a cystic fibrosis charity, she is nearly out of stock so i am trying to get through a few things for her. Will start planning soon the crafts that i want to do through the winter months when i have a lot more time to sit in the evenings and craft

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Working on knitting hats...maybe I'll do hats this year.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished my smurf ornament! will post pics tomorrow... and then I need to start on the smurfette.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DH gave me a gift voucher for sewing lessons for my birthday and they start on Monday and go for 7 weeks. DD gave me a gift voucher to the fabric store so I will see what I need for classes and then go shopping .

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Finished a hat!

Starting one another!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks Lana, I was very happy with the gifts. May as well learn to use the new sewing machine properly. Looking forward to the classes. Of course my list of craft projects this year may increase dramatically.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Katrina they are wonderful gifts!

I got a picture on my blog of the Smurf Christmas ornament I made. I'm not very good at taking pictures though.

wijulie

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
SE Wisconsin
Just bought a cross-stitch "semi-kit" (realized when I got it home that floss is not included). It's by Lizzie Kate (a favorite company) and reads, "Long may she wave" with a U.S. flag in the center and a border of red and 2 shades of blue.
It's small and I'd like it done by July, so I think I may actually have a shot at getting it done in time!

Katrina---thanks for the sewing machine info! One of the ones I'm looking at is a Janome, the others are Pfaff and Brother. Have fun with your sewing classes!

Julie

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Pretty!

This week I did do Kristens pillowcase and kleenex holder. Pictures on my blog.
The crafts on your BLOG are so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Prayers

I have 2 baby blankets to make for DSIL to give to 2 sisters due 2 months apart & recently lost both parents to cancer ( all prayers are welcome)
Sorry to hear about their loss. Praying comfort.