Crafters Challenge January 29th-February 4th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to another new week and month!

This week I did finish my 3 necklaces like I was hoping too.

Maybe if I list just 1 item that I would like to do, I will get it done. Hmmm...

I do have those pillows to do, the sewing and will stuff closer to Christmas. The 8 pillows will be my goal this week.

I also received my vanilla beans on Thurs. so need to get that started.

What will you be working on?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have knitted one lace edge and am half way through another. I am using an intricate pattern so it does take a while to knit up. I am checking through my supplies to make certain that I have everything I need for each project.
Looking forward to the winter months so I can get more done in the evenings.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I made one snowman ornament - it is the model I will be using for my gifts. I need to make 12 of these ... slowly :)

I made a list of crafts that need to be put in a ziploc bag. That is what I'll be working on.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WTG Lucie and Katrina! Amazing to think that 1 month is gone and then Dec. even tho we craft then till last minute (this year will be different--hoping) but say 10 months to go!

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Still working on my craft room design/organization/remodel project. I have sanded and painted 6 of 10 dresser drawers. I am trying to either paint or second coat one each day. Then maybe do the dressers over a weekend. Slow and steady

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
Yep...it is going to be a work in progress for awhile. I am going for something like this: (scroll done to the dresser do-over)

http://www.reinventedkb.com/2010/03/good-morning-my-friends-ive-got-quite.html

MEETS THIS:
http://www.countryliving.com/crafts/projects/diy-bookcase-0609

and when you put it all together with the bookshelves, dressers, drawers and some other cubbies I had; I'm hoping to pull off something that looks even half as good as the one we were discussing here:

http://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25770&highlight=craft+room

So, yeah. Wish me luck. LOL.
Congrats to all of us for patching, knitting, painting, ornament making, and/or any other crafting we can squeeze in this week. Baby steps. :)

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Candysprikles that should look great! don't forget to post pics when you are finished :)

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Since I have a long weekend, I want to make an ornament out of dh's shirt that I got the idea from here (I think) for dsd and probably dss's too. I think it's an awesome idea, and it makes a nice "momento". My dh doesn't take care of himself or his diabetes. If he'd only quit smoking--and hopefully, he'll be around a while; but let's face it--he won't be here forever. This way, they'll have a nice Christmas reminder of him each year.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lolwlias, that is such a good ideal. I hope your DH will realize soon he needs to change his ways for his family. :grouphug: Would like to see a picture when you do them