Crafters Challenge July 10th~July 16th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, at the end of this week we will be half way thru another month!!!!!!!

I didn't do as well as I normally do when on vacation the first week of July with crafts. I did purchase some supplies. Material, scrapbook paper and got a few more ideals.

If anybody goes to my blog and on my side bar I have a blog "Happybirds Crafting Haven" that I have been following for years now, anyhoo she has several ideals for craft projects and little gifts. I have used several of hers over the years. I like the wrapped ball surprises she has on there now and the snowflake ornament. I really like that blog.

I did do a scrunchie so will post a picture of it on my blog shortly.

My nephew and his wife found out they are having a girl in Nov. so will need to do some soxs, bibs, and burp rags and see about a quilt maybe or just some clothes. A neighbor called and her daughter is expecting in Jan..

Have to keep on the lookout for a red and black bath towel for the checker game I want to TRY to make.

What is on your schudule this week?

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I bought a few nice fabrics in the summer sales (I was looking for curtain fabric, honest!). And I even found some nice contrasting cottons that I bought, and found the Amy Butler pattern for a bag (Bliss?) which I bought too - then I realised the cottons were AB too!!

Anyway, my plans for this week are to finish off the second "taggie blanket", patch a pocket in DH's trousers, and get started on the bedroom curtains (I DID get that fabric too). If I do well on that, before we go on hols in 2 weeks, I want to make a couple of things for DD's bedroom (like a book pouch on her wall to hold reading books for night-time, and a pocket hanging from her headboard).

I hope to bring some cross-stitch with me, as that's about the only thing I can see me making any progress on while away.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
My crafting this week is focusing on spraypainting items that are for my bathroom and sanding that table and a corner cabinet I bought last night. I also got this great chair that I have todo also at some point for the girls room

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Would love to see finished project photos.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana sounds like me lately but once again we have alot going on here. I finally found my velcro this morning to finish up the one cabbage patch dress for my niece, now these are going to be for christmas I found something else to make her for her birthday, now to find spongebob pillowcases all I need is the pillowcases so hopefully I can just buy those.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Kim, speaking of pillowcases.................................

I saw on a blog yesterday where you take 5 pillowcases and sew them together lengthwise and then stuff them with a pillow and have a pillow mat. Body pillows would make it even wider. I think I posted it the Chit chat thread~~~sorry for the repeat. I thought it was cute. Goodwill might have cheaper pillow cases. Be a mod podge of designs. You are always making progress Kim. Well done.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana that is exactly what I am talking about I seen them on a blog also and thought that would be perfect for her.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hey, I started a thread Sunday a.m. with the dates this week BUT who knows. Still ain't sold on this laptop but pass my return time!

Anyhoo, Carol, I tried to leave a comment on your blog but no luck. Those are really cute. would make really nice gifts I think.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Thank you for your nice comments!! I stopped by the boutique this morning because I had a custom monogram order to deliver, I showed her the new key chains and she loved them. So as soon as I get this set finished up, I will take them over to her. And while I was there she asked me to be part of a craft show that she is doing this fall in her parking lot. Of course I couldn't pass on the invitation!

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Lana - do you think I have something set wrong on blogspot that it won't accept comments? I've looked at the settings and it's set so "anyone" can post. Is there another place to look or is it just blogspot not working? Any idea?

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Lana, I'm having great fun reading your blog for all the crafts on it, and ideas. But becuase you do it bilingually too, it's GREAT!! I can practise my french (and see that I'm doing ok on translating) and see the interesting way certain iconic titles are translated (Little Women being "The 4 women of Dr March" is an interesting one, for example!).

I'm not really getting places this week at the moment- work is too busy so I am only getting home late. But I got a small couple of handsewing jobs done this evening (mending rather than crafting). And I did make a coffee cake last night for a 40th birthday in the office today. I just wish I could make inroads into my list....

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Carol, I knew she would like them! Alot of people are having trouble posting on blogs that they use to be able to post on.

WingedOne didn't know my blog did that!! Glad you are enjoying it.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I have a project going today which of course has spray paint involved hopeing to have pictures up of the completed project by tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
It's comeing along Lana but when I dropped Makayla off at VBS my sister called and I talked to her until I walked over to the church to pick her back up so no sewing machine work tonight hopefully tomorrow before I take the kids down to camp to swim

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Time for serious sewing/crafting seems to be evading me lately. Thankfully what I want to accomplish has no near time dates yet so everything should still be finished when needed.

No new baby items are done although two little gowns are partially made.
I am working on two plastic canvas items for Christmas gifting. Plastic canvas is great for filling brief periods of time since this craft can be interrupted without creating problems, set up time is nil, it is often easy to take along on errands and every stitch so visibly counts toward the goal. The embroidered pillow top seems to get only left over time so is not finished yet either.

My missionary friend has asked if I would make three more costumes for her ministry. These are for teens/adults and are quite simplistic...no crowns to make this time...so they will be easy and relatively quick. I have until she comes stateside during school break to share Christmas with her family. My goal is to have them completed before Thanksgiving though so my holiday period will be free and relaxing.

Lana, a few days ago you expressed frustration at "losing" your initial post for this thread. Somehow it was posted to the "Holiday and Seasonal Decor" category.

Everyone seems to be moving along okay even when time is limited. Snatch the moments and your goals will be met in time.

Charlotte