Crafters Challenge July 24th-July 30th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Okay, lets see if I can get this weeks post in the right place!!!

According to the dates another month will be down this time next week, leaving us 4 full months and then the time we work on stuff in December. Unbelievable!!!!!

Craftwise not much done but helping Ryan in his room some.

We do several goodie trays to hand out and make several different items for them so also trying to pick out the favorite ones.

Really time to start finalizing what I will do.

Does everybody have all their homemade gifts picked out to do????

Happy crafting this week!!!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
First off this week I need to finish up that project I started on Friday. I got to tired to finish it up and then something happened to a friend so had to help deal with that way into the night. Yesturday we had a graduation party to go to at the beach so we were there all day.

Today I want to finish it up so off the computer I go to get it done

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I finished the monogrammed key rings. The lady at the shop asked me to hang on to them for another week, she is having a Christmas in July sale next weekend and wants to keep them for after the sale. It feels good to have something finished ahead of time and not rushing to get it done.

This week I am going to try to make luggage tags. I found a pattern that I need to download and then stitch it out to see if it's a keeper. I tried another one early this morning but I didn't care for it.

Have a great crafting week!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Well a friends husband needed to use my sewing machine yesturday so the rest of my project didnt get finished as soon as the girls game is over today I will get to it.

Lana thanks I think that I have amazing kids. This past weekend we had to go to a graduation party for my youngest brothers girlfriends son. His girlfriend and I have a love/hate relationship we always have(seeing that she is my age not his) we love to hate each other. We have had lots of problems since we were younger. She said I can say one thing your kids are amazing. Hmmm my last straw with her was quite a few years ago when the kids were younger and she decided to ask everyone that knew me if I was a good mother.

Off to change out of work clothes to get these girls to their softball game

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I have rejoined the crafting world recently (only took me until DS reached 17 mo of age!!!) and would love to post as possible on the craft threads again!

I already shared some detail in the Rudolph Day thread for this month, but my main focus right now is a Quiet Book project for DS - see example here:

http://servingpinklemonade.blogspot.com/2011/01/quiet-book.html

I'm making good progress. Do need to pick up a few more supplies, some snaps, googly eyes, a few more colors of felt - but I've got plenty to work with for the moment.

I plan to work on it a little bit every night after DS goes to bed. :)

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I've started knitting the thumbs onto my wristlets (did I mention that I save all the thumbs for last:). I have more than I thought I did:) - 4 1/2 pair and working on a fifth.

That might take me into next week --

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
AuntJamelle, glad to see you! Kids can sure take up time for other stuff. Very cute project you are doing.

Debbie, WTG! You have several pairs over 3/4 ths done!!!!!!

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
AuntJamelle - have fun creating your book project! Please show us pictures when you finish.

Debbie - I am a beginner knitter and have been making and restarting the same sock about four times so far. I would love to make mittens once I figure out socks. Are wristlets like gloves without the fingers?

So far this week I have been trying to find an embroidery machine pattern for luggage tags. I haven't found the perfect one that I am looking for, and it's getting a little time consuming. So, I'm taking a break from that task for now. I have a few more of the Santa zipper cases to finish with, so I've moved on to those. I really need to get my work space staightened up, I have fabric, thread, papers and who knows what else laying everywhere!

Lana, I love all the pictures of your ornaments that you've shown on your blog. I keep trying to comment on blogspot and it tells me that my URL is incorrect. I'm thinking about moving my blog over to Wordpress because blogger is getting a little uncooperative lately.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Carol, I can't post on yours either.

I love the santa zipper case and I think the santa head woul be a cute ornament.

Did you see those ruffle cuff bracelets with the monogram? I am sure you did on her blog.

Debbie, I think those wristlets would be nice. Keep your hand warm and up the arm alittle but still have fingers.

I am working on some beaded soxs. In late November I should get a little great niece. So will have to do some burp rags, bibs and such also. Would like to do an I spy bag. Will see.
Maybe a taggie blanket.

Last edited:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Well my project is just about done. I just have to put the stuff back on the wall and the area is complete. Pictures are going on my blog right now.

I was sick of my shoe area being a wreck which is also the wall behind the door and where the stairs are so I did something about it with something that is 70 years old and has been in my house for almost 9 years.

Last night I also got another jumper done for Emma's dolls, and have two more cut out which I will get those done today.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks for the welcome back! :)

I've been working a little bit here and there on the Quiet Book - I have the Barn Page pretty much done - just have to make the finger puppets to go inside the barn now.

I was working on the tree page last night- I need to embellish the shapes that snap onto the tree branches - and I need to go buy the snaps to sew onto the tree and the pieces...

I will have to figure out some sort of blog for myself this year! I have never had the time before, but I really need a place to post all my stuff!!!

Happy Crafting!!!