Crafters Challenge June 23-June 29th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning and :welcome: to another week!!!!

Notice this month will end and a new week will start along with CIJ!!!!!

This is the time to really start thinking of the crafts you might like to do for Christmas gifts! The next 6 months will go by so fast!!!!! And then in 7 months I will have a grandbaby--praying all goes well!!!! (due 1-31-14)

I pretty well have a plan for the gifts now to just buy some of the stuff and do them. Really shouldn't have to buy alot I have most of what is on my list. Will need some yarn for ruffle scarfs and maybe some towels for hooded bath towels if I do a couple for great nephew and niece.

Glad to see more posters last week!

Nanato3 your quilts are very pretty!!!!

Looking to hearing everybodys list.

Last edited:

Nanato3

Retire Member
May 19, 2013
Garland, TX
Hi Lana

So busy that I forgot to post. Thank you for the comment on the quilts.

1) need to work on another Redwork sq.
2) Just got some new dies in and want to experiment on a new idea for Christmas Card. I have ten made, but I want to do several different ones.

My sister is in from Bisbee AZ, so not much crafting this week.

Eddie

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
My parents are here visiting from Florida, so I talked my mom into helping me with a T-shirt recon that I had pinned on Pinterest. I did the cutting and some of the pinning; and she did the sewing. I am embarrassed to say that my sewing skills are just lacking. I'm glad my mom did it; because what seemed pretty simple (just one seam) didn't go so well. I think it was the machine/material. Probably not the seamstress since my mom doesn't usually have trouble with these things; she even made her own wedding dress!

Anyway, I haven't taken a pic put the end result was very nice. Mine is a black t-shirt with a black ribbon. Here is the link to the original pin. http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/tshirt_shrug

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Lana - Congratulations on the grand-baby!!!! I'm so thrilled for you!!!!!!! Obviously I've been out of the loop!

The ornament swap crafts I did are all that I accomplished. I have seen some cute things that I've pinned but I've not had time to start anything. I can't believe we are halfway to Christmas! I needed to get out my wrap up from last year and review my craft goals for this Christmas. Thanks for always keeping us on task, Lana!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Aimee I love the shrug made from the t-shirt! I think I have that pinned too.

Not much time for anything these days. Maybe this weekend? I need to work on the Mandrake I started and get the stuff put away afterwards.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have purchased 3 things (red, pink and purple---oh yeah I have a blue that I got several months ago!) of the Sashay yarn to make ruffled scarfs for Christmas. Now to find a crochet pattern. My computer doesn't get sound--cable seems to be missing and those are the patterns I see on video.

Nanato3

Retire Member
May 19, 2013
Garland, TX
Worked a little yesterday on my Redwork square. Not much else accomplished this week and next week doesn't look any better. BUT I need to get things going.

Eddie