Crafters Challenge June 2nd-June 9th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
A couple days late but.......

I am working on the CIJ ornaments. Have them over 3/4ths done so will continue working on them for the family/friends I give to.

Would like to sew something for my friend to include with her box of 50 items for her 50th birthday that I will take up this week-end but will see.

What are you all working on?

Happy Crafting!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Started a Mandrake yesterday (H.Potter) from a picture (no pattern). Crocheted.

wijulie

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
SE Wisconsin
Have been working on CIJ ornaments every evening.

Lucie---You can crochet mandrakes w/o a pattern? That's amazing! I hope you post pics when you're done. Years ago I started a doily but got stuck and never finished it. Wish I would have stuck with it.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
WiJulie, Christmas ornaments are always fun to make and give.

I had a crochet class way-back-when and the lady who showed us did all kinds of things without patterns... so I learned that way. I made a smurf & smurfette ornament for my niece & nephew for Christmas from pics on the web. Anyhow I can't follow a pattern... I have a hard time understanding it. I crochet, rip out some and then start over until it looks like I want it to.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
My grandma use to be able to do that. Then she would make it and I would write it down so I could follow it. Sadly I didn't do it with some of the stuff I would love to have now.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm a bit stumped. The head will be too top-heavy for my taste (I had made a nice tinier neck) so I'm thinking I need to insert something in the neck & body (what??) or use cleaning pipes for the branches & felt leaves... or use some plastic branches & leaves that I could crochet around.

Here's a pic of what I had:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I had to undo the Mandrake head, I put a piece of plastic pipe in to keep the body & head straight. will work on it this week.

Cut & hemmed the curtains for the LR door. Good thing it's done!!