Crafters Challenge June 5th~June 11th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Getting closer to CIJ which means we are halfway to Christmas.

This week I will get my CIJ swap items wrapped up and have them ready to mail.

I need to start pulling items out to see what I have for other crafts that I am planning to make.

As I mentioned CIJ always gets me going more.

I have an outdoor glider that was my great grandparents that I need to paint and I think I will get a body pillow and then 1 or 2 vinyl tablecloths to make a pillow cover for it. Unless I use outdoor fabric but I think the tablecloths I would find more patterns. Not sure when the painting would get done. My parents were married in '69 (step mom) and the great grandparents had this glider then.

What does everybody else have planned?

Last edited:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I should get started on some washclothes for the church knitting group.

I have a journal set I want to get done, as well as dd's dance scrapbook.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
This week my goals are:

Crochet 14 squares for the charity group (more if I can)
Finish up the baby afghan

With CIJ coming up so quickly I also need to spend time figuring out exactly what all I want to do with the boys and planning it out.

I know I want to do the Footprints T-shirt, so am thinking that if I have the boys put their painted feet onto fabric squares I can then make placemats out of them or maybe do their feet on paper and do a Summer Scrapbook for my sis to keep her from knowing about the t-shirt.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Just going to move my list over to this week. I did work on the lamps yesturday. As soon as I change out of my work clothes I am going to put the final step on them.

Yesturday I went to a few garage sales with my mom and found a pan rack its a small one but will do until I find exactly what I want. I came home yesturday cleaned and spray painted it. Now hanging in my kitchen.

That and the beginning stages of the lamps are going on my blog right now.

I still want to get my bag holder made

I have Makaylas birthday party stuff to get working on
Banner for Makayla's birthday
Banner for boys graduation party
Figure out what I have to make the girls(Makayla and Jade) for lip sync they need to find a song since they were told no for the song they wanted todo since there is not a clean version out there. They want lace skirts so I know that for sure
/Do something with the lamps for my bedroom they were my grandmothers and not what I want just not my style
finish painting my bathroom
paint screen door I got at a garage sale

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Since cards count as crafting, I just made a birthday card and I glued a few more pictures on my menu-plan cards.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Cut out my 36 candy canes for gifts - I'll try sewing some of them tomorrow.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
I just got a set of Double point knitting needles and 3 skeins of yarn to start my Christmas Stocking for a swap I'll be joining again this year. So I'll be working on that as well this week, nothing like working on multiple items at once lol.

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
I am working on my CIJ swap ornaments and also DGDs Beach Jars for Birthday party favors.. I posted a pic of 2 of them on my blog.. i have 12 to make..

I would like to knit some.. I had started a pair of fingerless gloves when we were in Pigeon Forge .. these will be for me.. I have always wanted a pair and I love this yarn Im doing them in.. so I decided they are mine ! LOL.. so I may do some knitting while TV watching.

That will probably be it for this week.. since her party is here on Sunday.. I have cleaning and decorating to do also.. her Mom will come do a few things for me on Friday while Im at work...

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Lisa, nice to see you posting. Maybe with school coming to a close you will be able to have alittle "your time"! Time seems to rush by no matter what.

Thanks Lana! I hope I can get some crafting time in this summer!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I'm almost finished with the large blanket UFO from a year or so ago. I only have about 12 rows to work on it:)

I want to start a crochet baby blanket for a girl due in October and then maybe work on some UFO socks.

I also had an idea for a holiday card and might follow up on that.

Debbie

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Becky~the jars are too cute! I tried to post a comment on your blog, but blogger is giving me fits!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Becky I like those jars.

Well I got my sewing machine dug out of the closet yesturday and got a few things done. Pictures are on my blog. I was happy with how things turned out except for my dying lace experiance. The girls love the way they turned out and they are for them so I guess all is good.

I have Makaylas birthday party stuff to get working on
Banner for Makayla's birthday
Banner for boys graduation party
XDye lace curtains for the girls skirts
Makayla and Jades lace skirts for lip sync
XDo something with the lamps for my bedroom they were my grandmothers and not what I want just not my style
finish painting my bathroom
Xpaint screen door I got at a garage sale
Xbag holder out of extra apple curtains

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I made 3 candy canes. I just have to tie them together with a small jingle bell. I have a hard time with one of the fabrics. it's lso loose that it frays at the ends.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Nice going Lucie and Kim.

Becky those jars are adorable! I spoke with my sister today and asked her to have my nephews bring some sand home with them and a few shells if they find any. Think I'll make them some beach jars to remember their first vacation to Cali.

I am not getting very far on any crafts this week so far. I've done a whole whopping 3 rounds on the Christmas Stocking, no squares and none on the baby afghan. I need to get in gear and do some crafting lol

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Last night my sewing machine and I came to an agreement we both hate the lace. I got both skirts cut and all the ruffles off the curtains, started sewing Makayla's skirt, hoping to finish both up today or tomorrow, since Makayla reminded me that she has a concert tonight.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Having been VERY remiss over the past couple of months, I am getting back in the saddle this week. As an easy starter, I am going to concentrate on finishing the 3 crayon rolls I had cut out last December but not done any sewing on yet.

(I DID manage to finish the tote bag and crayon roll for my nephew for his birthday, but that's been it since, em, maybe January?, on the crafting front).

I've also got plans to do more totes, lots of aprons, tissue holders, more crayon rolls, and a few more things too, over the coming weeks.