Crafters Challenge June 9th-June 15th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I want to continue working on my Mandrake. Had to undo a bit but now the body & head are done.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Jumping in at the end of the challenge, but better late than never! :)

Finished a craft last night which made me feel like angels were singing! lol I've been working on a couple of felt Fall leaves with embroidery work for the leaf veins. I have two done now and will use them as part of a swag with grapevine, artiificial bittersweet, etc.

I also went shopping at a local craft store yesterday and purchased a good amount of wool blend felt that I need for various toy projects for Christmas.

I started cutting out patterns for some felt ornaments last night and hope to continue tonight. Maybe even getting started on cutting out the felt pieces.

I'm make 4 ornaments as gifts that will be inspired by this little girl in coat and scarf:

http://pinterest.com/pin/190769734186563365/

The other project I plan to start on soon is this felt castle playset for DS:

http://kirascraftylife.blogspot.com/2009/12/felt-castle.html

I have some ideas for making some matching peg dolls and maybe even a dragon softie too!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Have done NOTHING this week.
AJ those felt projects are beautiful. I just love the castle!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I haven't done much crafting this year yet (except to make an "Easter Bonnet" hat, using a green cowboy hat as a basis and my hot glue gun!!).

But having hung a nice piece of fabric in a window to block the sun when watching tv in the evenings (just badly situated), we bought a piece of fabric last weekend to fit there (not my nice dragonflies that I had intended for a cushion) so I need to hem the end, put a turn on it to run a wire through the top, and put that up, this weekend. (And find some kind of blackout or other cheap lining in my stash to totally block the glare - it's a patterned fabric but white base).

(I did do some gardening last weekend though, if that counts?)

I need to get my crafty groove back again....

jyclassy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Have been making pillowcases for gkds and finished an afghan for gdaughters graduation gift.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Started cutting out the pieces of felt for the girl in scarf and coat ornament project. These are very complicated little ornaments!!!

I'm having to do a lot of futzing to get the pieces just "so" - so that they look proportionate. But I'm getting there.

Need to cut out the pieces for the hair tonight. And then some pieces for the back side of the ornament.

As usual, I will learn tons making this first one, and hopefully the process will be quicker and easier for the next 3!

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Hi Lana and fellow crafters!!

I fell off the edge of the earth for a while! Just popped on to see what everyone has been doing. Y'all have been keeping busy! I have been busy making headbands, hair bows, spa wraps and the usual monogramming orders. My kids are out of school, hopefully I have a little more time at home.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures from the Christmas in July swap!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Hey carol, nice to hear from you.