Crafter's Challenge March 10th---March 17th, 2024

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
3rd month 1/2 gone!

I received material to make a quilt for my youngest nephew. Either his 2nd birthday in July or for Christmas. The backing was out of stock so reordered it.

Think I have my CIJ ornament picked out----maybe-----so have ordered part of the stuff to make it.

Still thinking of the 12 Days of Christmas swap ornament, too.

What is on your list for the week?

Happy Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
CROCHETING:
I will finish off DD31's BF's scarf I'm making for Christmas, I will work on MHH Exchange ornament, I have a donation pet mat going, and I will look at patterns for DD's Christmas gift.

I am currently putting together DD's Easter box of little fun things to mail to them. DS and I got some cards for them and the grandparents for Easter and yesterday, I was adding to the inside of the cards with stickers and punch outs. We three will sign cards and get the cards and the box mailed off this week.

On a creative note, but not crafts ... gardening (of which I do not have a green thumb really), I started some seeds and re-potted some baby aloe. I also re-potted my Christmas cactus. The dog crate keeps Axl cat from sitting on, knocking over, or eating shoots! LOL My green onions just keep going year after year. I am going to take the aloe out of the garden. I have some over in another spot, so I will still have some. My seeds were green pepper, cucumber, and cilantro. DS wants to do the eggplant. Yesterday, I also did some wildflower seeds.

430320109_318960364524526_8652851443281248699_n.jpg

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I finished sewing all 6 rugs this afternoon. They still need washed and scotch guarded but will wait for some days I can hang them outside to dry (snowing today). 3 of the Christmas one are gifts.
Will work on Easter cards this week.

Attachments

• D73CCBC9-10D7-4D25-A5E0-F70CEE79871D.jpeg
    D73CCBC9-10D7-4D25-A5E0-F70CEE79871D.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 12
  • 1E329EC0-E9E8-4217-AA7F-0658A0B68A16.jpeg
    1E329EC0-E9E8-4217-AA7F-0658A0B68A16.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 31417704-C99B-4577-981F-E396936F7D98.jpeg
    31417704-C99B-4577-981F-E396936F7D98.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 12

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, those rugs are so cute. The Christmas one is wonderful

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
MM ~ Nice rugs! Do they hold up well under traffic, or are they placed in non-high-traffic areas?

I got a great start yesterday on a large tablecloth for our extended dining room table. Before I do the final hemming, I want to put the leaves in and see how it looks.

I'm also making progress on the king size quilt. I have strip sets sewn together that now need to be sub-cut, and I need to cut more fabric for more strip sets. It's an easy pattern (called Wickedly Easy) but takes time to make enough blocks for a king size.

The lake loft quilt labels are stitched out and ready to be trimmed up and sewn onto the quilts.

I had to frog several inches on the knit socks, but I'm now nearly back to the heels again.

I must focus on EASTER! I have 4 cards to finish up (CCS motifs are stitched) and a couple gifts to make. I have two more gifts to make, but those are for Julia and Valentin who won't get them until this summer when they come to visit. No rush there, but I don't want it to become a rush. KWIM?

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
I got DGD birthday card made. Liked the stamp I used well enough to make two more cards that I will use for my two daughter. Did change the design up some so they are all a little different.
While going through my pattern paper for the cards I found some paper that would look pretty but make the cards simple to do. That paper has now been made into card fronts. Just needs sayings and maybe a butterfly.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
MM ~ Nice rugs! Do they hold up well under traffic, or are they placed in non-high-traffic areas?

I got a great start yesterday on a large tablecloth for our extended dining room table. Before I do the final hemming, I want to put the leaves in and see how it looks.

I'm also making progress on the king size quilt. I have strip sets sewn together that now need to be sub-cut, and I need to cut more fabric for more strip sets. It's an easy pattern (called Wickedly Easy) but takes time to make enough blocks for a king size.

The lake loft quilt labels are stitched out and ready to be trimmed up and sewn onto the quilts.

I had to frog several inches on the knit socks, but I'm now nearly back to the heels again.

I must focus on EASTER! I have 4 cards to finish up (CCS motifs are stitched) and a couple gifts to make. I have two more gifts to make, but those are for Julia and Valentin who won't get them until this summer when they come to visit. No rush there, but I don't want it to become a rush. KWIM?
They seem to wear well. I had a Christmas one (light colors) in my kitchen by the stove for a total of 2 months. I’ve washed it 3 times now and it looks great. They are a cotton canvas with a cotton/ poly batting. They do need a scotch-guard treatment in a high traffic area. I learned that the hard way. I have a small spot of tomato sauce that didn’t totally come out because it wasn’t treated before hand.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
The tablecloth turned out great. I probably jinxed myself, though, and now the whole family won't come home at the same time. :(

Still can't quite get to the Easter crafts. Today I made 6 IFAQH hearts. I was experimenting with what process I liked best. I made a couple different variations of machine embroidery designs and really like one of them. Then I made some with free motion quilting and one using decorative stitches on my sewing machine. Guess I need to take some hikes to leave them about.

I also brainstormed some ideas for a collection of fabrics I bought several years ago with intentions of finding a quilt pattern to use them with. Of course, now I'm all enthused and would like to start on it, but I have 4 other quilts I should be working on and finishing first!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I bought a little fabric to use with the CCS motifs for Easter cards. Those should get done today. I also have a couple of Easter gifts that I hope to get to working on.

Yesterday I bought a skein of yarn to make a doll blanket with. I'm using a 10-stitch afghan pattern which has turned out really nice with this variegated yarn before. I got a wee bit of a start on it yesterday. The knit socks I'm working on are ready for me to knit the second heel. I really need to find a different (easier) method for the heels.