Crafters Challenge March 1st- March 7th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to a new Month!

About 9 1/2 months until Christmas but I know many of us craft for other special days too or just for the fun of it!!!!!!

I am not sure what I will try to do this week. Plenty to do but will see. I have the list from last week.

What are you wanting to do?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Happy March ... NATIONAL CRAFTING MONTH!

Things to work on this week:

*Craftermath Control
*Make April BD and Easter cards (8)
*Placemats (for DD-April BD)
*New knitting project (summer sweater for DGD?)
*Easter chicken wall hanging
*Bear Paw king size quilt (borders)
*Peaches CCS motif
*Other CCS project (June wedding motif; March fairy; Nature’s Harmony)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My priority this week is to finish up the DrillDance costumes and accessories. My house looks a mess so maybe some housework in there.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
piano scarf sounds very interesting, photos please

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hello again! The last month has been taken up with moving in and starting to get settled. No crafting has taken place unless you count sewing up DS's baby gorilla plushie after it split a seam :)

On the list for this week is to locate all shelving, plastic drawers and/or tables I can use for now in my new crafting space upstairs - and move all said items (most of them are in the basement) up to the upper level and arrange.

And clean.

And then start to go through packed boxes of craft supplies, set them out on shelves and see what the heck I have really.

Then I can start to plan for this year's crafting. I want to get sewing machine out and finish a slip on pillow cover I embroidered for DS's space themed room last year. THAT would be an awesome thing to get done this week! One less UFO!

His room has come together so cute - I'll post pics as soon as I can. Loved seeing my craft projects go up on the walls! Would like to see the pillow on the bed too!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Crafts ...

Yes, well ... not so much happening here. It's national crafting month, eh?! Hmmmm ... I should do something. LOL

Right now it's 4-H Youth Fair time ... been helping DS11 get his crafts together for exhibits for the fair.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
i have finished the drilldance costumes for the dress rehearsal this weekend. I still need to tidy up one of the other costumes but this will do for now. Pictures hopefully in my album.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got the shelves moved into crafting space last night and unpacked 90% of the boxes holding craft supplies. Now I just need to organize and inventory. Figure out what was lost that I need to replace sooner than later, etc.

It was nice seeing my old things again. Not sure if the stamp pads are still going to be useable after 2 yrs in storage but we'll see. All my scrapbooking paper is gone of course and that is a huge loss - will have to slowly start to get some of that. I have white cardstock right now and that is it!

I'm excited to get things settled! I started looking at craft projects for this Christmas yesterday and found a few ornaments I want to make as gifts. Plenty of time left - which is a nice feeling!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ The drilldance costumes are great! Was that fabric hard to work with?

AuntJ ~ Your move back home sounds a little bittersweet. Hope you are able to find some bargains to help replace your lost stash.

Jampss ~ I agree, helping your DS counts around here.

I’ve made some progress on the quilt today and spent some time researching ideas for some placemats as a wedding gift. I didn’t get to the placemats for DD’s BD today. If I don’t get sidetracked again, I could/should put some time in on them tomorrow. It’s trying to decide how I want to quilt them that’s holding me up. Once I get going, it shouldn’t take too long. Also, I need to get some fabric for binding them.

I have a few more evenings’ work to do on the peaches CCS motif. I’m anxious to finish it and decide which of my many brain bunnies to do next. The CCS may come to a halt once the quilt is ready for hand quilting.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD I bought the actual costumes 2nd hand from another club. This is my clubs first year and we have no money. I put the gold fronts and the braid on, and my mum and I and another helper made the belts.
The velvet is OK to work with and is fairly forgiving.
When we raise more money I think I will buy or make lycra costumes.