Crafter's Challenge March 3rd---9th, 2024

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I need to find some hemming tape and hem some curtains. Would like to do some more knitting.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I have two quilts that I would like to finish this week. I have some quilting left to do on them, then binding.

Then I will focus on finish up some Easter cards and gifts.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
DGD dress and top cut out along with a couple other tops. Do need to get some seam binding for DGD top.
Sweater yarn and pattern are out of the tote and in my knitting bag.
DGS ccs card is kitted up along with other DGS ccs as a few of the floss is needed for both.
knitting is a little on the slow side-cables, slip stitches and two colours of yarn being used.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished quilting 2 more rugs.
I just read that Joann fabrics is in talks to file chapter 11. The headquarters in Hudson (not too far from me) has been laying off and have closed some stores. Been hearing rumors around here for awhile that they’ve been in trouble.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I just read that Joann fabrics is in talks to file chapter 11. The headquarters in Hudson (not too far from me) has been laying off and have closed some stores. Been hearing rumors around here for awhile that they’ve been in trouble.
There are hardly any "craft" shops here anymore. We have a large chain called "Spotlight" but they are a manchester/homewares/craft shop. There is one about 20 minutes from me.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
There are hardly any "craft" shops here anymore. We have a large chain called "Spotlight" but they are a manchester/homewares/craft shop. There is one about 20 minutes from me.
Nice to have a place so close!

• Love
Reactions: halimer and Lana

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Last time we when to the states to shop I ended up going to three different Joann fabrics to get what I wanted. The stores looked like my local fabric store as a result of having trouble getting supplies in even now. My local store seems to be getting less fashion fabric and nothing that would make great fabric for children dresses.

Your spotlight store sounds like our Lensmill store in the enjoining town and a few other locations in Ontario. Little bit of houseware, clothes, household supplies for half the store. Other half fabric and a good section of yarn (more than Michael’s) and some other craft supplies. To my surprise not one bolt of fashion fabric and they use to have a good selectio.

Reactions: halimer and Lana

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
DGD top is done. DH dec that he wanted to go to a candy store in a nearby town. They make really great cream Easter eggs and they go fast so it’s go early if you want any. So I when with him and we hit up the yarn store there and got some new yarn for the socks I am trying to make. The yarn store here in town closed down a couple years ago.
Also grabbed some yarn to make a hat that will go to charity come Christmas. Wrapper saids there is enough yarn to do a hat, cowl and fingerless mitts so I printed off the pattern. Lionbrand has the yarn on sale online as well which usually means it’s on the way out. If so the pattern becomes hard to find.

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
It would be nearly devastating to me for Joanns to go out of business. There are other craft stores, but I definitely do a lot of shopping at Joanns, and there are three stores that are very convenient for me to shop at. You can tell when you visit the stores, though, that there are some financial difficulties going on.

One of the lake loft quilts is finished except for a label which I haven't designed yet.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I have a Joann's and Michael's in town but I go to Hobby Lobby mostly. Our Walmart did a re-set and actually added back in more material/yarn/craft stuff!

Reactions: Lana and halimer

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
My 2018 UFO lake loft quilts are done. I still need to make the labels, but I'm calling that a separate project. I've been experimenting with what machine embroidery font to use. I hope to stitch out some samples today.

Last edited:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
While we have lots of quilt shops, craft wise it’s Joann’s, Michaels, or hobby lobby. The closest Walmart is hit or miss. We did have Pat Catans but the were consumed by Michaels. My crafting supply shopping pretty much starts at shop my stash, thrift shops, dollar tree, then I’ll hit the big chains.

Rugs are all quilted. Starting to get them ready for binding.