Crafters Challenge March 7th~14th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
So proud of everyone!!! You guys are really moving along. I am envious of you all. I haven't touched any thing this week.

Have been with Jaymee (DD), my younger sister, and mom and we have shopped looking at dresses and ideals for decorating.

I work all week with a meeting Thursday night and Saturday we will be off again to another dress store. After this one I think she will have decided. So far the one from Wed. is winning.

Ladies, keep on crafting!!!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished my felt tomato slice yesterday, and the cheese slice & my two slices of bread are finished. Just need to finish the lettuce (I'll do it today) and the sandwich will be done!

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
This week I am going to make some covers for the pillows on the chairs and sofa in the sun room. We have wicker furniture in the room and the pillows need some sprucing up. My next Christmas gift on the to-do list is a sewing tote for my oldest sister. The pattern I have is really cute so I hope to get it cut out this week.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I found out this afternoon that I am going to be a great aunt! I know I am a GREAT aunt but....LOL Anyway my oldest nephew Shane lives in Texas and they just found out yesterday. He has lives with his girlfriend for over 2 years. She has a daughter by her 1st marriage but she was almost 2 when I first met them. Anyway that will definitely be more sewing for babies. :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Congrats Lana!

Posted some pics of felt food on my blog. There are still a few things I want to do but I have to move on to something else if I want to do all my list!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Luludou, I had looked at your blog when posting my last comment and as I am checking the last time tonight I see where you posted it. I LOVE it! Kids will too. GREAT job!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished the slice of cake felt food for my niece. Posted a pic on the blog. Wanted to do chips but I think she has enough for now.

... pass on to next craft!

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
Your food looks great. It will bring countless hours of fun! And congrats. Lana on being a great-aunt.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I need to finish DHs knitted blanket for his birthday which is March 14th. Do not know if I will finish it, if not it will be for Easter. Have a few cross stitch Christmas cards I want to start, and a knitted teddy bear for a girl at work who is expecting. Getting close to winter here so I will have time at night when I am snuggled up on the couch.

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Lucie, those felt food items are adorable. Your neice will really enjoy hours of fun with them.

Lana, you have been busy with the wedding girl. This year don't fret over lack of crafting time for Christmas. Jaymee's wedding is more important since it will be a once in a lifetime experience. After the wedding you can rethink your Christmas craft desires and make a new list that is reasonable for the shortened work time. Meanwhile don't miss a precious moment of helping Jaymee plan her beautiful wedding.

Charlotte

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
I am a late comer to this discussion since I had been getting an access error all week until this evening. It is good to finally be able to catch up with life on the forum.

Apart from a little time in the remaining evenings my crafting and sewing time is over for this week. Some significant progress on my list has been made though. I completed the last of the planned bereavement blankets, embroidered the fleece top of another new Christmas stocking, made another remote control cover for my husband's Christmas and stitched the first step on several more baby booties. Also I was able to make headway on my latest blouse amid extreme frustrations with the pattern. Yet this week I hope to embroider a quilt square and do hand sewing on the other projects in progress ready to forge ahead to their completion next week.

Keep up the good work everyone. You are doing great!

Charlotte

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I haven't gotten much done this week. Today I should be able to get my throw pillow covers finished though. It's supposed to be cloudy and rainy here so it will be a great day to sew. I went to JoAnn's yesterday because they have a good sale going on. There's about 6 coupons you can use for 40% off of different things. They had a lot of fabric on sale and their thread is also 40% off. I enjoyed my shopping trip!

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
Oh, Lana, you are making headway on that upcoming wedding! That counts for lots this year.

How about choosing one item to craft and break it into little steps to accomplish. If you can do one step in say maybe 10 or 15 minutes you are making progress. When I worked I usually kept some embroidery in my tote for the lunch hour. By working bit by bit my project got done. Sure it took a long time but I still could feel a sense of accomplishment. Even now I sometimes make a goal of simply stitching one cut of embroidery floss or yarn at a time. Having a small enough goal is easier to finish and feel good about the progress when time is limited. Remember, every stitch counts.

Go for it, Lana, you can do it!

Charlotte