Crafters Challenge May 13th-19th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Getting to be halfway thru May---can you believe it?!?!?!?

This week I will be focusing on baby items and the CIJ swap. Getting stuff out and ready to sew for the showers.

The one on July 1st I think Jaymee and I are going to try and do a tractor diaper cake so need the stuff done to put it together.

What are you all crafting on?

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I finally got a burst of energy last night and got some progress made on my fabric wrapped hangers project. :)

Wrapped another 3 hangers, only 1 left to wrap but the material is cut and ready to go.

Also made another 2 fabric flowers and finished cutting out the pieces for another one.

I also finished casting off on a scarf for DH and a 8x8 square for donating. Now I just need to find my yarn needle so I can weave in the ends on both pieces.

I also starting knitting a mini scarf to finish the little bear ornament I made for DS for this Christmas.

Hoping to finish all the hangers by next week so I can move on to new projects!!!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I don't have any crafting going on at the moment but I wanted to tell you what I found at a yard sale Saturday. A 12 ball set of clear Christmas balls for .50, you can't find those in the stores here so I was thrilled. Now to find all those ideas I wanted to try with clear balls:)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Lana - Aw, thanks! :) You made me feel productive! lol Yes, the hangers are Christmas presents. Two sets of 4 hangers each - 1 set for my sister and one for my best-friend-of-20-yrs-also-a-sister

girlsinmo - GREAT score on those clear ornament balls! That is a perfect find! SO many ways to craft with those babies!

No crafting progress last night! Went to the gym and was totally lazy when I got home and just watched shows recorded on the DVR with DH.

I still have the ends to sew up (Where I stop wrapping the fabric on the very tip of the part of the hanger that gets hung over a rod) on 4 hangers. I think I need to make at least 2 more fabric flowers. Then I can hot glue all the finished flowers to the finished hangers - maybe add some thin ribbon to dangle down too...

This weekend should do it! Crossing my fingers DS takes good naps!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
You all don't faint now!!! But I have finished the 1600" quilt (the top), sewed the hem and side seam on that cherry material for Jaymee a top, made a new summer checkbook cover and I am hoping to make a couple bibs. Have the material out but can't find my washrags!!! :( Might post pictures on my blog later.

Tricia, GREAT find! I buy so many of them to do stuff with. (especially flowers from a funeral) I dry them and them put them inside normally with a pictures of the deceased that are shrunk down. When you google craft ideals with them tons can be found. Pop popcorn in them, the pouring of paint inside to get marble effect, spray with glue or pour decoupage inside and drain out excess and pour glitter inside and move around to cover the inside and they are very pretty.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Lana - WOO HOO! GREAT job!!! Quilting is one thing I have not attempted yet. I keep eyeballing the idea though! :)

Progress Report

- Finally FINISHED all the fabric wrapped hangers! Happy dance!
- Wove in the ends on the scarf

Next Up

-Finish knitting tiny scarf for bear ornament-Inspiration pic here:
http://www.grizzlybearmodern.com/2010/12/etsy-gems-red-marionette/

-Make Father's Day Card - No idea what I'm doing yet!

-Make Father's Day Gift
http://father.tipjunkie.com/framed-family-handprints-crafts-for-fathers-day/