Crafters Challenge May 15th~22nd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, Another week down and don't fall over but I actually accomplished something this week. It wasn't on my over-all list but. I crocheted on some flip flops and they are on my blog.

But, as alot of you know my DD gets married in 6 days so after that I will get more done. I promise.

Alot of you seem to be working away at stuff~~WTG!

Will be waiting to hear what you are all working on. Have a GREAT week!!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
This week is going to be lots of planning for me I have two three year old birthdays comeing up and a 4 year olds birthday to figure out what I am doing. My niece one which will be three wants yet another blankey but she already has three that she trys to sleep with all at the same time. Plus her bobbob(spongebob) pillow

Also need to think real hard about the secretary gift

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Didn't get a whole lot done last week. Did a little crocheting on a potholder while traveling but didn't feel great so didn't do a whole lot. This week I need to focus on cleaningup my craft space and end of school year crafts. Tomorrow we are surprising dd9's teacher with a diaper cake and little party at lunch during relay day. So I have to get that made. Need to decide on teacher gifts that can be made and look nice with supplies on hand since not a lot of money right now.

This week's to do:
baby banner for teacher
diaper cake
painted burp cloths for cake
teacher gifts???

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I'm not sure how much I will get completed this week. I need to re-stock the monogrammed headbands for the boutique. And I also would like to start on some teacher gifts. I'm planning to make a monogrammed coffee mug for the kids teachers. I have the mugs, just need to pick fabrics and monogram. It won't take long once I get started. I need to complete 5 of them.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I finished another baby blanket and sent it on its way to baby Trevor this AM.

I'm Mod Podging a box that I made a woven top for using magazine strips.

I think that my next sitting knitting (as opposed to traveling knitting) will be to finish a cotton afghan I started last year. It is about 2/3 done and will look really nice in the bedroom.

Debbie

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
Lana, Just enjoy every minute of the festivities for your daughter. There's still plenty of crafting time after the wedding! I'm working on a couple of cosmetic bags for my daughter and my future daughter-in-law. I picked up 2 brown boxes with turquoise polka dots and I thought I would fill it with some fun things all in the same color scheme. I have one bag finished and need to do the other one. I have a pair of spa socks in turquoise for each one and I think I will make each a jar of sugar scrub with turquoise food coloring (at least that's the way I have it pictured!) I also crocheted each a wash cloth and want to find a really nice bar of soap of maybe an oatmeal or an organic bar in the brown/tan color. I'm having a lot of fun with this little project. Then I also bought a box for my sister. It is a coral/teal/beige/with butterflies on it so I'll start on that one after I finish these two.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I forgot I need to start getting ahold of my brothers and sister to get the kids over here todo thier grandfathers fathers day gifts. The one from New Mexico is being shipped to me next week. I never found the time last year to get them done so this year he is getting his stepping stones for down at camp, one from each grandchild and the one for our Joshua all the kids are takeing part in that one. My nefhew from New Mexico may or may not be here by then so his mom did a couple with him and sending one if it does not make it here in one piece going to pack a different way and send the next until we get one that doesn't break. Luckly my mom knows what we are doing so that she can bring my another nefhew over seeing that I am fighting with that brother and we are both stubborn as can be and wont make the first step. I want these done before the end of May

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Snickerdoodle, your gifts to DD and future DIL (when is the wedding?) sound GREAT! Love it. They will to with all the thought going into it. Really cool.

Kim, we started stepping stones back in '05 for my mom and she doesn't have them~~~~~maybe this will be the year!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana my kids and nefhew do them everyyear for my bio fathers grave site which is now extending around my grandparents also. Makayla does her hand print in hers everyyear so she can see how much she has grown. She wants to add a picture of the two of them this year have to figure out how todo that one yet.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I just put the pictures of the birdbath Makayla made my mom on my blog if anyone is interested

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
KimD - Makayla did a great job! I'm sure her grandma likes it :)