Crafters Challenge May 1st~May7th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, we now have about 7 1/2 or alittle more to craft yet for the 2011 Christmas. And I know many of us craft for several things inbetween there.

I did get some fun fur yesterday at Joanns so I could crochet some flip flops. Can't find that yarn around here anymore. Wal-Mart has 1 or 2 colors.

I got a couple things of material yesterday also. Some for a goosey outfit, and to redo my Easter rabbit wooden ones for porch and to do Jaymee some and then I found material at Hobby Lobby that had Bambi, Thumper and Flower on it. Got some for a baby quilt for the future. Hadn't seen it before and got 1 1/2 yds.

Would love to hear what everyone else is working on!

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Lana, I can't wait to see pictures of your crocheted flip flops! I saw the bambi fabric on your blog, it's adorable. That will look nice in a quilt.

This week I am still working on monogramming socks. Thank you everyone for taking a look last week and for your wonderful comments! So far I have monogrammed about 20 pairs. I still need to add the ribbon ruffle to them. Now that I'm getting the hang of it, they are going a little faster. This week I also need to put in the garden, so I'll need to take a sewing break here and there to play in the dirt.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana love that Bambi material I could do alot with that both me and my sister love Bambi and its funny because both of us remember going to see that movie when it came out everyday.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
It was at Hobby Lobby. I rarely go there and then seems I never look at material but was trying to find Easter (no luck) and this just jumped out at me. I love Bambi!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I am slowly making some progress. I have been knitting a few more rows on Aunt-in-Law's lap blanket when we have been on long trips. I have done a bunch of mending of jumpers. I have been doing some cross-stitch, although I haven't finished the first picture yet. And with the better weather, I have been spending time outdoors with the garden, so there should be produce for crafting with (well, cooking and otherwise preserving, that will make presents too) in the next few weeks.

I finished a couple of crayon holders, which are for birthdays for nephews. And the tote bag for one nephew to carry the crayons, a colouring book and a small jigsaw around in.

And I have recently found the proper magnetic clasps for bags, so I can get moving on those too.

I am not writing a list at the moment though, as work is too hectic to stress myself with crafts "goals" - I am better just picking up one of my UFOs in quiet moments and making baby steps towards finished objects.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I love the bambi fabric!

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Okay so last week was not as productive as I wanted it to be. But... I did make two cards one for a birthday party and one for a wedding present. I also made my mom's mother's day present - a tote bag painted with stencils from my cricut. You can see pictures at my blog www.thegrowinggibson.blogspot.com . I am going to try to post pictures of the wedding card a little later. This week the focus is on Mother's day and one more birthday party. I also need to find the white yarn and ask my grandmother what size hook she crocheted these potholders with.

This week:
bag for mother-in-law
bag for 5 year old birthday present
woven ribbon headband birthday
hairbow birthday
korker bow for dd4months baby dedication sunday

On Going:
crochet potholders
reindeer necklaces
santa kisses ornaments

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Cindasnow - the bag is beautiful and so are your cards. you are very talented.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Cindasnow, That is a cool bag and I love the shirts you did for the zoo. You cut material on your circuit? I have had one for over a year and made a couple of cards that is all. :(