Crafters Challenge May 27th-June 2nd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Welcome to another week!!!!

As you notice we will be into another month also!!!!! Then the next month will be CIJ month!!!!

AuntJ, love the card and craft item you did. So cute. I am sure also that you will find the right scarf for your bear.

This week I have to make a fleece blanket for a baby shower next Sunday. And hoping to get a couple of burp rags thrown in with it.

I need to get an outline of things to do while on vacation in July. I have lots but need a plan!

What are you all doing this week?

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hello again! :)

Lana - Good luck on the baby projects! Those are always fun!

I have finished a couple of things. A felt dove ornament you can see an original project pic (with instructions and PDF pattern) here:

http://felting.craftgossip.com/2011/09/03/felt-birdie-ornaments-diy/

And a felt/fabric bookmark inspired from this link:

http://warriorgirl.blogspot.com/2012/03/finding-your-stories-when-life-is-too.html

I used a more aqua felt for one side of the circle and did the little stars the same. But instead of stitching a star on the back piece I stiched down strips of shimmery white sheer ribbon and then hot glued a few pretty glittery star doo dads I had laying around in the middle. I also used teal linen for fabric strip part of the bookmark and I stitched it right into the circle part since I didn't have a little gold hoop to use.

I love it! It is a gift that I can easily mail to my out of town friend. She and I will have known each other 20 years this September and I wanted to make her something special. :)

I also started work on another fetl owl tape measure project. This one will be given a local friend that loves quilting, etc. I messed up though and ended up sewing some pieces that make up the owls face to each side - so I decided to cut more pieces and make an owl ornament as well! lol

See project instructions and downloadable pattern here:

http://tinyapartmentcrafts.blogspot.com/2011/01/felt-owl-measuring-tape-free-pdf.html

I ended up cutting out some really cute eyelashes for one of my owls to make her look more feminine - turned out GREAT! My ornament owl will be done with Christmas red and green pieces instead of the colors shown in the original project. Too fun!

So I am working my way through these owls at the moment! Between that and knitting squares, I should have plenty to work on this week!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ you are doing great! love how you give us the links so we can see what you are working on :)

I'm not doing so great with my crafts but, on the other hand, spring cleaning is almost finished and I did some sewing for my bedroom curtains. When spring cleaning will be done I can start on crafts in earnest.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I have several plastic canvas ornaments that I purchased new from the thrifdt shop. But it's too hot for me to think much about crafting.

AJ thanks for the links...

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Off to see the links, tfs.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Not too much to report. Still working on the felt owls. I'm almost ready to start assembling both of them. Just have the wings to finish for the second owl.

I also cut out all the little squares I need to try this project:

http://bridgetbaxter.blogspot.com/2009/12/more-tortured-book-pages.html

I'm going the scrapbook paper route for my first one, but I really like the look of the book pages ones as well. I'll have to see if I can find a book that I don't mind cutting up. That is the hard part for me! lol

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Small update - alllmost finished the owl that is to be an ornament last night. Got down to the part where I am closing it up and sewing in the loop of bakers twine the ornametn will hang from and my eyes wouldn't focus. I then realized it was almost 11:30PM and I had better go to bed!

So hoping to finish that tonight and make a good start on sewing up the second owl, this time with a small tape measure inside. That is always trickier :)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Great job, Aunt Jamelle!

Yeah, 11:30pm- the eyes tend to not focus so good at that time- lol!

Annie