Crafters Challenge May 29th~June 4th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I am, I go by angeldreams there. I'm checking out the Bundle of Joy group, the charity group I'm in on there is Share a Square and we are doing crocheted afghans for children with cancer or siblings of those with cancer then the finished afghans are taken to 3 of the Summer camps for the children.

Finished the shawl last night and will give it to my mom this weekend when I see her.

I go by nannyto1 there. I can't knit with needles & only crochet a little. But DGD & I knit with Knifty Knitter looms The BOJ group sends things to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in SD. Do they only do afghans in the group you're in? We can make hats on the KK...

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
I go by nannyto1 there. I can't knit with needles & only crochet a little. But DGD & I knit with Knifty Knitter looms The BOJ group sends things to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in SD. Do they only do afghans in the group you're in? We can make hats on the KK...

Yes, the Share a Square is only doing crocheted 6" squares, then we send them all to one person who has a group of ladies there that sews the squares together and delievers them.

I think being able to do the hats and such for the babies is great, I tried a KK once but everything I attempted to make was really loose so I gave up and went back to my hooks and needles lol.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
Thanks Lana, I've always tried to some type of charity for the last 18 years. At Christmas time, my son and I always did the Christmas Tree Stars/Hands that are in like Wal-mart and other stores.