Crafters Challenge May 8th-May 14th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, from the comments posted last week and the pictures on blogs there are people getting stuff done! :)

I always love to see pictures and hear what people are doing.

Everybody keep crafting and sharing!

I still haven't really been crafting but keep looking for ideals for Christmas to add to my list. Think I will repost my list just to keep me going when I finally get to craft!

For 2011 I would really like to make alot of the gifts again. I just love to make and give homemade items to people, whether it is food related (mixes, or already made), holiday items or something they can use year round.

I have a mental list started so will list some.

1.) Thread catcher for mom, Miranda, Jaymee and myself (maybe my friend in Iowa)

2.) Snowman pillow Miranda ~~~~~~~~ DONE 1-16 SEWED CLOSURE SEWN 1-17

3.) Bubble Light for my friends in Iowa and mail it to them before Thanksgiving

4.) Coasters--sets of 6 decide who

6.) Have the pattern for the table runner so will decide who I would like to do one for

7.) Need to think of the item I would like to do for the 12 Days of Christmas so if they have it again

8.) Need to get some vanilla beans to start more vanilla for next year

9.) See if Jaymee likes that material for a tree skirt or not for her tree

10.) See if Ryan and Jaymee want me to do them a stocking for their house or get their own ( I think his aunt got them stocking kits to decorate them one~maybe)

11.) Quilted Scarf make one for myself and decide on if any for gifts

12.) Scrunchies for my 2 nieces and a step great niece

13.) Think of the ornament that I will make for co-workers

14.) Think of the ornament I will do for the CIJ Swap here~~~~~~~~~~In process 5-8-11

15.) Will give canned goods and jams (I hope if garden does well so need to think of packaging ideals) If the garden ever gets out~~5-8-11. Scared with all the rain now it might just shut off for summer.

More ideals will come~~but these are ones I am thinking now.

These are the slip covers for the weight thingy we use in the drawer for the drive up that I need to make yet. ALL SEASONS ARE DONE!!!

1.) winter theme one~~~~~~~~~~~~ DONE 1-2-11 Snowflake material

2.) Valentine's Day~~~~~~~~~~~~~DONE 1-17-11 Hearts

3.) St. Patty's Day~~~~~~DONE Shamrocks

4.) Easter~~~~~~~DONE Bunnies

5.) Spring~~~~~~DONE Flowers

6.) 4th of July ~~~~~~DONE Red, White and Blue

Last edited:

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
Lana.... WOW what a list.

Here is my updated one

Items for Christmas IN July Swap ( May complete)
Sisters Table Runner( Complete)
Daughters Goblin ( June Complete)
My Witch ( June Complete)
Mikes Route 66 Wall Hanging ( May or June Complete)
Knitted Fingerless Gloves for Niece, Daughter and both Granddaughters ( By October Complete)
Knitted Sisters hat and scarf for Christmas ( by November Complete)
Knitted Moms Hat and Scarf for Christmas ( by November Complete)

Would like to make me a Table Runner for Summer.. but have lots of Painting and redecorating going on.. so may leave me out this year except for my witch.

I posted a pic of Susies Table Runner on my blog.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
10.) See if Ryan and Jaymee want me to do them a stocking for their house or get their own ( I think his aunt got them stocking kits to decorate them one~maybe)

Make them stockings out of material close to her wedding dress and his should look like a tux.

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
I really really need to get some house cleaning done this week. But maybe I will find a little time to play on my cricut. I got my mil bag done and hope to post pictures on my blog soon. I also helped my daughters make me a bag for mother's day. Lots of fun. We may be traveling this weekend and if we are I hope to crochet potholders and work on plastic canvas reindeer or santa kissers while we drive. Still need to work on my list.

Becky the table runner is great.

Happy Crafting everyone.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Lana,
I am in love with shadow boxes. Have a huge on to do for DD. I have a dress she wore when she was 2 at a wedding I need to get into the box I have in the closet. Let us know if you decide to try one.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Made my mom a minature bird bath for mothers day well Miss Makayla did most of the work on it. While helping Kenny deal with news on one of his close friends, I planned on posting pictures yesturday but that never happened I will get them up this week my mom loved it though. Now I have to have her make one for me

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
I finally made the bows to finish off the glass block night lights I made. I hot glued them on and will be able to put them in the gift closet tonight. So that is 4 gifts I can mark off my list. I need to clean up my craft/sewing room tonight also and move on to my next project!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I love those lighted glass blocks. It's something I plan on doing.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Cindanow, I love to work on stuff when riding. Keeps me occupied and off nagging about something! LOL

Ahorsesoul, would love to see a picture when you get it done!

Kim, I bet your mom did like it made by her DGD. Is it the little boy with cancer?

Snickerdoodle, you are getting ahead with the gifts marked off. WTG! We have a couple blocks we purchased and Allen got the drill bits to do them but have never tried them. Just as easy to buy them predrilled I suppose.

I have been looking at ideals at lunch time for Christmas.

You gals are doing great with crafting!!!!!!!!!!

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
hi ladies! didn't get to read through but i wanted to check in. carson's quilt is still not complete but i'm okay with that. maybe it will be done by christmas or his first birthday. lol. i did sew 3 quick sacks for christmas gifts monday and finished 1 of 5 rows for part of the top of my niece's quilt for christmas. mostly just lovin' on my baby boy. :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
MissBrittany, glad to hear that you are up and about working on stuff. GREAT that you are working on stuff for Christmas! Nothing wrong with lovin on that baby~~ How long are you off with him?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Give you little guy a hug from me.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana yes his friend that had the tumors before he has yet another brain tumor, was scheduled for surgery this morning I took Kenny up to see him last night with a few other of thier friends. Waiting to hear how it went from one of his family members should just be getting out of surgery soon.