Crafters Challenge Nov. 13th-Nov. 19th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, ladies here we are about 4 or 5 weeks from our deadline! I will need most the time and I know a few things are not getting done but they will be on my list for next year.

This week will be decorating. It is early (I use to do Thanksgiving but my nephew comes home from Texas and ask me to decorate so he can see it.) but then it is over.

I will work on ornaments for family and friends this week.

At Joanns on Friday they had simplicity patterns for $1.00 so I got a couple more barbie ones and a different one for a carrier for a walker. Would like to get it done for my aunt who just had a hip replacement.

What are you working on???????

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
As for me ...

Wow, Lana, time is flying!

How sweet of you to decorate early!

Your ornaments and sewing sound fun.

I'm working on my DF's Cranberry Red Scarf. Festive!! LOL

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I have a day off tomorrow (although busy for the afternoon) - I intend to use the morning to sort my closets and sew the cushion covers for DH's bro and wife.

Otherwise, I will finish my holly leaves, and hopefully get the 3 crayon rolls I've started finished. I had wanted to do another 4, but I won't stress if I can't get to them.

Wings

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Nice!

I have a day off tomorrow (although busy for the afternoon) - I intend to use the morning to sort my closets and sew the cushion covers for DH's bro and wife.

Otherwise, I will finish my holly leaves, and hopefully get the 3 crayon rolls I've started finished. I had wanted to do another 4, but I won't stress if I can't get to them.

Wings

All your projects sound nice! Holly leaves???

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
I fell off the wagon on my UFOs for this year, but I'm working on the afghan that I'm doing for my nephew -- I've only been working on it for 2 years!! I'm still working on a mohair scarf for my mother's July birthday. I've interrupted everything, though, to make a baby alpaca scarf in a beautiful pale grayish aqua for my friend who was so good to my 89-year-old mother this year. While I was gone to Yellowstone, she took Mother to two doctor's appts and out to lunch. While we were at Disneyworld in Feb., she even took her to the ER, and then to the doctor! She picks her up for quilting group, and sometimes takes her to lunch afterward, when I can't go. I want to finish it by Thanksgiving, so I can give it to her and tell her how very thankful I am for her kindness and love.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Nice!

I've interrupted everything, though, to make a baby alpaca scarf in a beautiful pale grayish aqua for my friend who was so good to my 89-year-old mother this year.

Oh, how sweet ... of you and HER!

:elf:

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Jampss, I am cross-stitching a tree ornament which is a picture of 2 holly leaves and 3 berries - and I have FINISHED the sewing part!! I just need to cut it out and add a backing, pop on the plastic ball as a front cover to protect it and tie on a ribbon!! OMG that feels good to say!!

I was sitting waiting on DD for 2 hours yesterday, so took it out and finished off the last couple of stitches on the one I was doing, and as I couldn't do any more than that, I started a 2nd one that I will have for my own tree next year (doubt if it will be one this year).

I spent all morning going through the closets yesterday - which was necessary and now done entirely. But it meant that I never got the sewing machine out. I will do that at the weekend instead.

The rest of the evenings this week, I will either do cross-stitch or writing Christmas cards in the evenings once DD is in bed. I did some wrapping Sunday night, which included stamping a bunch of tags, so that was also a bit crafty too.

And I have alternate options or ideas for all the crafts on my list at this stage - so if I don't get the time to finish them for this year, I won't be too pressured.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Everyone sounds busy getting all their crafted gifts ready for the season! My show is this coming Saturday. I was starting to panic a little at the beginning of the week, but have settled down. I made a few more new things at the last minute and I wasn't planning to do that, so I caused my own stress. I'm just putting the finishing touches on a couple of towels that I completed this week. I'm going to take pictures and post them on my blog later in the day.

I still need to un-bury my tables that I need to take. These are the same tables that I use in my craft room, so as you can imagine, they are filled.

Happy crafting everyone!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
ChristmasRose your friend does deserve something - she is very nice to take care of your mom like that.

My remaining 12 candy canes are cut, sewn & turned out. Now I need to fill them, sew the opening by hand and find a way to hold 3 candy canes together with some rafia, a little bell and maybe some greenery.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
My big show was yesterday - it was a great show, great day and great people! It was so much fun. I've posted some pictures of my table on my blog to share. My Show

Now I can jump into getting ready for the Holidays!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Wow Carol! you had LOTS of stuff done! Hope the selling went well

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
In the end, we did organising and family stuff all weekend, so I never got the machine out. But as we were heading across town yesterday to IKEA, I brought my knitting in the car and managed another inch on the lap blanket. It feels like I will never get it done, and it certainly won't be for this Christmas after all, but every little inch or even single row means it's closer to a finished item.

And I wrapped a load more on Saturday - I couldn't sew as it would be too loud and I wouldn't hear DD and her friend upstairs (sometimes they play nicely together, sometimes they row as they are both VERY strong willed little girls - so a listening ear is useful). But it means I have all the stocking stuffers, and most of the other gifts for travelling, wrapped and in a box to move.

This week, I will mount the Xst ornament, and as work looks manic, I won't commit to more unless I get some time out.