Crafters Challenge Nov. 20th-26th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
At the end of this week---we will also be less than a month until Christmas.

So...........

I did finish my 12 Days of Christmas items--that was 36 things.

I finished the 2 sets of ornaments for another swap so that is 10.

All mailed and have been received.

I know I will not finish all my list this year. With my October so whacked up and the house started piling some... Oh well, I will finish some more stuff. Have the ornaments to finish for friends and family. I will have ideals to start on for next year sooner.

Yesterday there were 5 kids here for deer season and I had purchased craft kits to do. they each made a sand art ornament, a Santa hat frame for a picture of themselves to go in, and then a Santa, snowman and a reindeer for their trees. Kits at Hobby Lobby.

Getting more and more ideals from pinterest too.

Happy crafting week to all.

Lets hear what you are working on!

Carol, going to check out your pictures next.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Okay I have glued about 15 snowflakes together to dry for a few days before painting. Need to go get the paper and cut for CD's.

Will try to post some pictures on my blog alittle later of the items I did for the swaps.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Nothing much new...I knitted a washcloth and am still working on wristlets.

But I keep going - just like you Lana - you're an inspiration.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I had the ladies who came for the monthly dinner make Christmas Trees for thier room. Just small ones using coat hangers as the base. I wrapped them with garland and they glued on bulbs, ribbon and flowers. Then I sprayed them with snow.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Thanks Debbie. I told Allen I feel so guilty starting this thread weekly when I don't even get stuff done alot of the weeks.

Diedra, the trees sound so pretty! That is nice where people get together and do crafts.

I brought the glitter and rice krispies for my reindeer feed bags that I do for people. ( I have between 50-60 to do. Have to check my list.) Also got some epsom salt to try a project this a.m..

Missing some of our posters. Haven't seen KimD, doodlebug, dreamer and several others in awhile.

Pictures of swap items on my blog. Ones I am in for December.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lana - do not feel guilty! you are a working woman - of course you don,t have time to always craft but you do alot more than most people (I'd have said everyone). Great ornaments.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I managed to get another hour working on XSt last night. The berries on my second ornament are done and I have started on the darkest green.

I won't be able to do any tonight, and I am planning on mounting the first one on Wednesday night.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Yesterday Melody (nephews GFs daughter from Texas) and I made 64 bags of reindeer feed and I tried another craft.

I had seen it before and forgot about it till I saw it on pinterest again a few days ago. Take a glass item (I did a square vase) and apple mod podge heavy all on it, then roll in epsom salt. Not the bottom but along the top edge too. Let dry completely and then spray with 3 coats of clear sealer drying completely inbetween the coats. Looks cool. Have seen it with the salt being colored with food coloring also.

Will post pictures on my blog alittle later. Might do some of them for gifts will see.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lana , great reindeer bags and that vase is absolutely beautiful.

The table in the living room is full of ribbons, candy canes, greenery and all kinds of stuff. I'm also making things to put in some of the Christmas cards. I'd like to finish the lot this week. Now I need to find boxes to put the candy canes in... unless I use some transparent wrapping paper maybe.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Really? Ack! Less than one month!

Lana, good job! I have a big list, too, that I know I would never finish, but they’ll go on “next year”! Nice of you to have crafts for ... “deer season”?

What is “pinterest” and phonically, how is it pronounced! I keep seeing folks talk about this thing!

Would love to see snowflake pics. Oh, I just went to your BLOG ... love the pics! Awesome! Sorry about the “deer”! What is the little picture in the middle of the snowflake? Looks 3-D.

Halimer, yes, Lana is our inspiration. I love the knitted washcloths! Way to go! What does a “wristlet” look like?

Ahorsesoul, fun idea!

Winged One, sounds great!

Luludou, your table sounds like it’s full of FUN!!! What is “transparent wrapping paper”? Or are you pulling my leg?

:p

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
What is “pinterest” and phonically, how is it pronounced! I keep seeing folks talk about this thing!

Pinterest is a just another form of Bookmaking or saving Favorites. It saves your sites with a photo so you can remember why you saved it in the first place. And you can browse other peoples pinned items and follow them if you'd like so you can what they pin. How it's pronounced I'm not sure. They should have an audio button on their site for that. lol

www.pinterest.com

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I got 2 more of the square vases done.

Before my laptop went in I saw people here on MHH talk about pinterest and then one day my daughter and sister were talking about it. Since I got it back I have been invited and I do enjoy it. I can get lost looking at blogs all day and pinterest is just one big blog all put together. You can put in sewing on the search or quilting, Christmas ornaments and etc..

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
I have 28 Christmas ornaments to finish with blanket stitching and embellishments. I have pinecone door hangers to get made. I have to get 48 pints of apple butter done. I need to get the rosemary oil infusing for the next four weeks so I can decant it by Christmas. I have two memory boards that need embellishments and then they are done. Sigh. I know I can do this, I just need to spend the time at night working on Christmas instead of working on work stuff or playing games on the computer.

update 11/25
DBIL had to go to the hardware store this morning, so I asked him to find some eye hooks for me. He brought me back the right size and amount. So I'm quite a happy woman!!!! I can make door hangers this afternoon.

update 11/26 a.m.
30 pinecones have eye hooks --6 are completed with ribbons, bells and embelishments. I need three more rolls of gold ribbon and more bells, but now that I've got the "hang" of these door hangers, I know I need two hours to finish all of them. Since the craft store is around the corner from my work office, I'll go there at lunch on Monday. In the meantime, I'm cutting 48 circles out of scrap Christmas motif materials to cover the lids of the jars of apple butter.

update 7 p.m. 11/26
Found the jars I set aside months ago for making bath salts -- TA DA! Jars cleaned and dried, salts made, salts in jars, label created -- just have to print and then pretty the jars up a bit. 13 jars of lavendar bath salts with lavendar purple soap confetti. The rest of the leftover lavendar scented bath salts are in my bath salts jar in my bathroom (sans soap confetti).

And that's it -- I'm done crafting for the week -- it's 7 p.m.

Last edited:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
sierra mtns, I know you can too! I work better under pressure. Normally during my vacation this time of the year I get alot done. BUT... so disorganized and then my nephew and his GF's daughter was over everyday and other family members so I sat and talk with them or if Mel comes with Shane than I am watching and playing with her. So this vacation I loved seeing them but was a loss at trying to catch up.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I Sigh. I know I can do this, I just need to spend the time at night working on Christmas instead of working on work stuff or playing games on the computer.

If I spent as much time crafting as I do pinning ideas I would be done with gifts for the next 5 years. lol

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Diedra, I'm with you there!! pinning is taking alot of my time too :)

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Sierra, for the rosemary oil, do you just steep it for 4 weeks or do you heat the oil/rosemary together at all? I was thinking about doing some and realised I had no recipe - so I don't know whether just grabbing a bunch from the garden and putting it in a bottle is right or wrong?

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Lana, what were the snowflake ornaments made from? It looks like Honeycomb cereal. I haven't paid much attention to this section of the site, but I'm thinking I might need to pop in here much more often!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Lol

Pinterest is a just another form of Bookmaking or saving Favorites. It saves your sites with a photo so you can remember why you saved it in the first place. And you can browse other peoples pinned items and follow them if you'd like so you can what they pin. How it's pronounced I'm not sure. They should have an audio button on their site for that. lol

www.pinterest.com

Thanks!

Wow, another fun site I'd have to find time to play with!

I like the audio button idea ... but I think I get it now ... "interest" .... "pin-terest". I kept saying pint-er-rest. And I thought "Measuring pints"???