Crafters Challenge Nov. 20th-26th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Jampss - yes cellophane paper.

I finished my candy canes! pics are in the community album or on my blog.

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
I put a gallon of olive oil in the crockpot with a cup of dried organically grown rosemary from our garden this year -- overnight, low heat, no lid. Then I turned off the crockpot, strained the rosemary out of the oil, and put the oil back in the gallon jug. It's sitting in a cool dark place for another two or three weeks until I decant it in bottles (I use the Starbucks Frappachino bottles sans labels with a sprig or two of fresh rosemary and a tablespoon of multicolored peppercorns.) When you shake it up, the peppercorns get stuck in the rosemary and it sort of looks like a Christmas tree branch with bulbs.

Uses for the rosemary oil:
Cut up baby red potatoes, toss with rosemary oil and some minced garlic -- roast in the oven.

Use for oil to fry chicken breasts.

Use for dipping oil for fresh bread.

Use in water for making pasta -- cook the pasta -- drain the water -- add another tablespoon of oil and toss pasta with the oil, some fresh minced garlic, some shredded parmesan -- yummmmmmm

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Just checking in this week I have made 11 of 12 blankets for my mom but thats it. Things are still not good around here. Kenny is still having a hard time, understanding (as we have put it) this is very hard on him, and I don't know what todo for him, except listen. David has to go to a surgeon tomorrow morning concerning his knee we found out he has a growth under knee cap and tears on either side of his knee. We are not sure if this is going to be done first or having his tonsils out. I am trying to get one scheduled during christmas break so that he isn't missing too much school. Tonsils will only be a week recovery but knee they are thinking a month before returning to school