Crafters Challenge Nov. 28th-Dec. 5th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, Ladies we are entering into that month that one year I hope my craft list is all x'ed off by the start of it. But what fun would that be?!?!?!?!? Sounds to peaceful.

I am going to repost my list. Have been getting some done on it and at least purchased so it is here to do.

My list:

(/ ) I have coasters to make for 2 co-workers and a friend MATERIAL IRONED 11-25

( /) 2 diffferent Christmas ornaments to make for family and friends HAVE GOT MATERIAL ON 11-21

( ) Ornament to do for co-workers

( ) would like to get a couple table runners done that I just got material for on Friday, uless I do those next year

( ) Might do coasters for another friend-not sure or a table runner

( /) The vanilla I started last January will need to be bottled GOT THE BOTTLES TO PUT IT IN 11-18

( XX) I also need to make some lotion PURCHASED ITEMS ON 11-23 (might need some more vit. E) MADE ON 11-29 7 CONTAINERS UNLESS i MAKE MORE

( ) seasoning salt

( ) decide whether or not I am doing DD's tree skirt for a gift this year (she'll be in her own house next yr. Other times I think that is good but...)

( ) Also see whether or not I will do her peguin coasters

(XX) reindeer feed MADE ON 11-20 HAVE TO DO POEM YET FINISHED IT ALL YESTERDAY 11-25 AND HANDED SEVERAL OUT

(/ ) snowflake ornaments on my cricut expression PURCHASED PAPER ON 11-24 WORKING ON THEM AS I TYPE

( ) hot chocolate mix (sponge paint a canning jar all white and then add his face features. If you spray it with clear varnish it stays on better thru the handling of it)

( ) finish writing about 14 recipes for my nephews cookbook

Adding: (11-26)

( ) snowman pillow for my sister~~she saw the panels when over last Sat. and fell in love with it (have had them forever) so will do that for her.

Adding: (11-28) Maybe will do.

( ) a sewing machine cover for the machine we got Jaymee for Christmas. Saw like a patchwork one that ties on the side.

My daughter has decided to do the I spy quilt for her Ryan so she will be using the machine too. I have the pillow and about 18 coasters to do and I think that is all the sewing. Not to much. And the sewing machine cover for Jaymee. Her coasters and skirt still thinking on.

At lunch this week I will finish out the recipes for the book.

Several must be awfully busy because I haven't seen them posting.

Have a SUPER GREAT crafting week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
I'm hoping to start the new year off with only baby's first quilt on my list! Because if there is anything else on it, it's a late gift. lol!

I did finish 1 of 2 quilts this week, and 10 cd covers and 2 fabric sacks that were on my list are long done and have been gifted.

[\] cut solids
[] piece
[] baste
[] quilt
[] bind
[] pillow 1
[] pillow 2
[] pillow 3
[] pillow 4
[] pillow 5

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I have a ton todo since I have done nothing at all. But I tend to work better under pressure so we will see what gets done and what doesn't get done

Kids have found a new hobbie for mom to go sit at while they do it. Iceskateing alot of Kenny's and Makaylas friends go everyweekend so thats what we have been doing the past two Friday's now. Oh well it gives them something todo while no sports.

Lana you said pillows and that reminded me that I have had two pillows to get done for my mom for about 2 years now. Maybe I can get to those.

Im not going to post a list just what I get done when I get it done

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Brittany, sounds like you have finished alot.

Kim, I know what you mean about pressure. Does tend to make us move it.

That was all that reindeer feed sitting around glad to be moving some along. Hoping this week to ship to the other 2 branches for their kids and grandkids.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Everyone is doing so well!

:tree2:

For Christmas Gifts:

{X} Amigurumi crocheted cat toy (DNiece)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70585AD.html?noImages

{X} amigurumi crocheted funny gal (Dsister)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70594AD.html?noImages

{X} Beret (DStepma)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cgs-beret.html (I may make more! What fun!)

{X, X} crochet towel toppers (DFriends)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70007.html?noImages

{X, __} Old Christmas Card Basket (DSister, DFriend) Finished one; Need to start another
http://www.allfreecrafts.com/christmas/card-basket.shtml

{X, __} crochet bobble necklace (DNiece)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70007.html?keywords=noImages

{ } Black Shrug for (DD) Started (I just keep going till it's 80 inches loooooooong! Whew!!)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60040.html?noImages=

{__, __} Mittens (DS & DH) Started
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80670AD.html?noImages=

{ } Baseball Paper Weight, crochet (DH)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80310AD.html

{ } Drink Cozy (DD)
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90152AD.html

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Just updating the list:

[x][x][=][=][=][=][=][=][=][] Cut and sew 10 Stockings for adults
[][][] Sew 3 crayon rolls (already cut)
[][] Sew 2 "taggie" blankets (already cut)
[] Sew dollie blanket (1 already cut, may make another)
[] Sew mini-tote (already cut)
[] Cut and sew pillowcase for DD
[] Sew handles on other mini-tote
[] Stuff and hand-finish DD's owl cushion
[][] Sew on buttons to 2 crayon rolls (already sewn)
[][][][] Sew in ends on facecloths (teacher presents)
[] Sew in ends and add button to scarf
[] Sew buttons on DD's duvet cover
[x] Mend DH's trousers pocket (ugh - FAR trickier than it looked!)

[] Make another 20 (YIKES!!!) Santas and Snowmen from 2 finger KitKats (for DD's school and creche buddies) - 8 Santa and 4 Snowmen completed so far

[] Make chilli oil
[] Dry bay leaves
[] Make Onion Marmalade/chutney
[] Make spiced cranberry vodka
[] Make 2-3 batches cookie dough - slice'n'bake type for freezer
[] Make chocolate truffles
[] Make chocolate covered cherries preserved in Gran Canaries honey rum (cherries preserved already, need to do the chocolates part)
[] Make fudge sauce
[] Strain and bottle for presents raspberry vodka

[] Cut and sew DD's pyjamas
[] Cut and sew PJ's for DNephew
[] Buy fabric, cut and sew pj's for other DNephew (if I manage the first 2 pairs OK)
[][][][][][] Sew and stuff tree decorations (already cut)
[][][][][][] Make little cross-stitch pictures to put into clear plastic baubles (this is perhaps too ambitious for THIS Christmas!! LOL!!)
[][][][][][][][][] Cross stitch initials for Stocking tags

Doesn't look like much progress this week, but I did at least cut and baste together all 9 stockings, and I have finished 2 and 2 more are almost finished (tiny bit of handsewing remains). The other 5 need cuffs, and hanging hooks, and then they are done too.

I hope to get those, the taggies, crayon rolls and perhaps the tree decorations all done this week.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
You are all doing so well with your lists! It is fun to see them getting checked off.

I need to finish painting an ornament for a cousin-inlaw that had a baby this fall. I had made a set for their family (one for each person) last year, so I need to complete the set. Then I need to package it real well to mail to NJ.

My monogramming for the local shop has been picking up with everyone doing their Holiday shopping. I will probably be busy with that for the next several weeks and won't be able to get anything new completed.

Have a great week crafting!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
LOVE seeing all the activity on here!

WingedOne that is alot accomplished!

Jampss, your list is more marked off than not, way to go!

Carol, I bet you will be busier with your orders. You do such an awesome job I can see why they sell!!

Becky, your list sounds nice. You will probably finish that stuff when sitting with Mike.

Let's keep marking things off ladies.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
{ } Drink Cozy (DD)

I put DD ... that is Dear Daughter, right?

I meant Dear Father ... so is that DF? I've got to get the lingo!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
LOVE seeing all the activity on here!
Jampss, your list is more marked off than not, way to go!
Thanks ... but I deleted some things I'm just not going to get to!!!! They will be there NEXT Christmas! LOL

Everyone is doing a lot of neat things! It's fun!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I have yet to work on anything yet. We have had a busy and hard week.

Miss Makayla had to sing at the City Tree lighting last night. Kids have had other things going on this week also.

ds12 found out this week that his good friend is beginning his battle with cancer once again this is the one that had it two years ago

Found out this morning that a friend lost her 15 yr old son to cancer last night.
Also found out that a very good friend of our families past away yesturday also.

So not sure if I will get anything done this week.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Kim Prayers for you DS friend...Praying for comfort for the other families...

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
A quick, end of week update from me:

[x][x][x][x][x][x][x][=][=][=][] Cut and sew 10 Stockings for adults Just have a tiny bit of handsewing to complete on 3, and decided to eliminate the spare
[][][] Sew 3 crayon rolls (already cut)
[=][=][=] Sew 2 "taggie" blankets (already cut) Have ironed and pinned on the ribbons, so all ready to just sew seams
[] Sew dollie blanket (1 already cut, may make another) - Oops - added ribbons to 3, so this may revert or stay as a taggie
[] Sew mini-tote (already cut)
[] Cut and sew pillowcase for DD
[] Sew handles on other mini-tote
[] Stuff and hand-finish DD's owl cushion
[][] Sew on buttons to 2 crayon rolls (already sewn)
[][][][] Sew in ends on facecloths (teacher presents)
[] Sew in ends and add button to scarf
[] Sew buttons on DD's duvet cover
[x] Mend DH's trousers pocket (ugh - FAR trickier than it looked!)

[] Make another 20 (YIKES!!!) Santas and Snowmen from 2 finger KitKats (for DD's school and creche buddies) - 8 Santa and 4 Snowmen completed so far Got as far as cutting some more paper elements over the weekend

[] Make chilli oil
[] Dry bay leaves
[] Make Onion Marmalade/chutney
[] Make spiced cranberry vodka
[] Make 2-3 batches cookie dough - slice'n'bake type for freezer
[] Make chocolate truffles
[] Make chocolate covered cherries preserved in Gran Canaries honey rum (cherries preserved already, need to do the chocolates part)
[] Make fudge sauce
[] Strain and bottle for presents raspberry vodka

[] Cut and sew DD's pyjamas
[] Cut and sew PJ's for DNephew
[] Buy fabric, cut and sew pj's for other DNephew (if I manage the first 2 pairs OK)
[][][][][][] Sew and stuff tree decorations (already cut)
[][][][][][] Make little cross-stitch pictures to put into clear plastic baubles (this is perhaps too ambitious for THIS Christmas!! LOL!!)
[][][][][][][][][] Cross stitch initials for Stocking tags

I am resigning myself to lots not getting done - there will be a Christmas next year.

Kim, so sorry to hear about all around you - thinking of you and them to have the strength to keep going.