Crafters Challenge November 30th-Dec. 6th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Okay my friends, we are now getting into the last few weeks!!!!

I did some more sewing on potholders but only have the front and backs haven't sandwiched them yet.

Need to try the towel pattern, have a few washer necklaces to do for gifts and the stockings. If I don't redo Jaymees in another material I HAVE to make Teigans.

Felt ornaments for friends/family.

Few other items to do.

What are your plans?

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

The quilt is finished, and I'm nearing completion on the pillow shams. After carpet installation on Tuesday, we will get the bedroom re-assembled and I'll be able to take pictures, except for the closet doors ... I ordered some hummingbird border wallpaper to put on the 4 sliding doors.

I also have the Christmas exchange cards ready to mail. Need to make a trip to the post office for the international cards.

I've been working on a CCS project in the evenings when we are watching TV. When it's finished, it will be a gift for DD, but that's not going to be this year.

So other gifts, I'd like to work on:

• Knit afghan for DH (near completion)
  • Starch doilies (gift for DFriend)
  • Make Castle CCS motif into ornament (for DGD)
  • Family recipe pot holders
    ~Locate and scan recipes
    ~Print recipes on fabric
    ~Make potholders
  • Placemats for DDs (2 sets of 4)

I doubt these will be done for this year ...
  • Wedding champagne cork wreath (for DD#2 ... could make it an anniversary gift in July)
    ~Find the right wire
    ~Have DH drill holes
    ~String corks and beads
    ~Embellish with ribbon, etc.
  • Pillow for Shirley
    (This is a UFO. Not really needed for this year as I have other items in my gift closet I could give her, but really should finish this one up.)
  • Nature’s Harmony CCS motif I work on when I have time (for DD#1 someday)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished my Christmas tissue-box cover! Pic is on my blog (link in signature)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
DD, can't wait to see the quilt, sham oh heck just the room in general! Sounds like your projects are coming along.

I always mail my cards on Dec. 7th--of course this year it is a Sunday, so will on the 6th.

Lucie, the tissue box is really cute. Great job!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ The tissue box cover is darling! I have plans to make a tissue box cover for our guest bathroom (not Christmas), but a Christmas one would be great, too. I've made them with fabric. You've got me brainstorming how I can make a Christmas one that I can fold flat for easier storage.

I hope to finish the pillow shams today...carpet installation tomorrow...put furniture back in place on Wednesday-Thursday...may have show-and-tell pictures on Thursday or Friday.

DD called because DGD wanted to tell us about
Jingle's arrival (her Elf). She was so excited. Jingle had put antlers on the dog and rode into the house on his back. DGD is trying to figure out how to keep Jingle from getting into trouble. I think she's planning to tell Santa on Jingle. They were also in the process of putting chocolates in the pockets of the Advent calendar I gave them. It's wonderful to have them using and enjoying my gifts.

Last edited:

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
In the past 10 days, I've managed to hem DD's fleece blanket and put together 4 tote bags, although 2 still need their pockets attached. I still have 3 more to go, but dd has now finished all the pockets. They are from her to each of her cousins, and she chose a book each to fill them.

After that, I'd like to do some dribble bibs for new DNiece, but that is if time allows.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Lucie,

I really, really, really like the tissue box cover. Very clever idea.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Operation Felt Food continues here:

- 2 doughnuts with sprinkles done, 2 more cut out and ready to sew
- 2 pancakes that have their own "syrup with butter" he can put on or take off
- 1 apple slice done, 5 more cut out and ready to sew
- Banana that goes in and out of a "peel" done
- 2 Bacon slices done
- Egg done
- Pear done

Pieces cut out for several additional pieces of felt food just have to start sewing:

- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Cookies with white "chips"
- Sugar Cookies
- Cherry Pie
- Carrots
- Orange Slices
- Lemon Slices
- Slice of Cake
- Strawberries

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
AuntJ, hoping to make felt food items in the future. We got a kitchen set from our cousin for Teigan so a future project.

p.a. would love to see the garland when done.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Tiny progress last night, sewed "icing" onto the tops of two more donuts...that was about it

Hopefully I'll have better crafting energy tonight!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Not much energy was to be found after all - lol

I embroidered "sprinkles" on the tops of the two donuts, but that was it. Went to bed. End of crafting for the night!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

Winged One ~ Great partnership to make gifts for DD to give.

p.a. ~ That rag garland may take a lot of time, but you’ll love it. Is it for you or for a gift?

AuntJ ~ At least you made a little progress. Listen to your body, especially at this time of year. You’re wise to go to bed when you feel like it.

Lana ~ A kitchen set sounds like a big project. Does it need to be refinished?

I may be ready to post pics of the re-dec bedroom tomorrow. DH had to replace the bed frame and figure out how to attach the head and foot boards. That's done, so we can now make the bed and fix it all up.

Since you heard from me last, I have the CCS castle ornament just about finished. I just want to get a tiny dowel and some ends to make a hanger and paint the wood with a metallic sliver paint.

Still putting time in on the afghan for DH, and I started working on a CCS nutcracker to make another ornament for DGD. We are taking her to see The Nutcracker ballet on Dec. 26th.

I like to try to make ornaments for DGD that represent something in her life over the past year. The castle represents our trip to Germany where my DD was married at a castle there. DGD was the flower girl, of course.

I also started a citrus CCS motif for a set I'm making for myself. Just needed a small take-along project today. Although the nutcracker is small, I'm working 28ct 2 over 2, and I didn't want to worry about the small holes while riding in the car.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I did sew on potholders yesterday. Ready to put the batting between and finish up. Not sure if I will do a binding, turn or just let the edges show.

Want to try the kitchen hand towels today later.

I will also start Teigan a container of hand made ornaments. Jaymee only does black and red on her tree as of now and Ryan is still here but they have ornaments that I made every year.

Plans plans plans!

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
Dahlia doll it's for me, but now I'm reconsidering,,,on Pinterest they made the rag garland on a string of lights. I just used twine. I like the string of lights better hmmmmm I may re/do it after Xmas now.

I finished my wreath for outside,,,,
Headed over to my album and posted a picture of it along with my deck. I didn't get the swags above the deck but I did capture the greenery basket I made.

Last edited:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Jampss I need to keep those minion gloves not far... I know someone who would love them.
PA saw the rag garlands with the lights... beautiful!

This weekend I need to finish the Santa key tags.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
The Bedroom Reveal:

CCS Birds wall hanging (DH put the antique finish on the doweling to match the bedroom set.)

Bedroom (quilt, pillow shams, bed skirt shutter panels, new carpet)

Coasters

So now that the bedroom is put together and furniture and nick-nacks are restored to their rightful places after getting new carpet, I think I'm finally ready to start my Christmas decorating!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Dahlia Doll everything is very nice!

Beautiful furniture and the shutters, that is very original