Crafters Challenge November 8th-14th, 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello My Crafting Friends!!!!

I am digging my crafts out so I can craft while on vacation. Tis is my plan. I would like to be decorated and cleaned so I can craft. Vacation starts November 20th.

Things I have to do:

Kitchen boas

Pocket Prayers

Pillows

Ornaments--couple different ones for about 12 people

Magnets

Reindeer Feed

Lotion

Seasoning Salt

Teigan's poster---Allen normally does it

All easy stuff--just need the time.

What do you have on your to do list yet?

Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Only thing left that I need to get done craft wise this year is yDD December birthday card (27th)
Other things I want to work on is:
finish quilt top
sew along table runner
con't to work on the Christmas socks I started for myself
start making a list of things I want to make for next Christmas and see if I have all the supplies needed. If anything is needed Christmas wise grab now so I don't have to wait till next Christmas to get items.

I noticed that Michaels here is already having great sales on their Christmas stuff and there really isn't a lot of it. I was able to grab the cardstock/paper needed for next Christmas cards a couple weeks ago but when I when back in on Monday as I forgot to get some plastic balls to make some ornaments most of their christmas scrapbook paper was gone.

Reactions: Lana

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have one more placemat to tie for DD and Christmas crafting will be done. Then before I do anything else I have to clean the sewing/craft room. To much stuff out of place or that needs a home.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Teabag holder is done. Husband will deliver this week. Ive started the bib pattern, just need to make a few adjustments and I’ll be ready to sew. I made the last ornament girl kit that I had last night. It’s a fall one so I have it setting out. Decided that if I’m buying kits I need to make them not squirrel them away. Going to try to cut fabric for another pattern I have this afternoon.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lana ~ Long list! Nice to have a vacation to work on it.

I’ll probably be working on my list right up to time to get packages in the mail. I get my best inspiration at the last minute! I should save some of that inspiration for next Christmas, but it doesn’t seem to work that way.

We’re having guests for Thanksgiving, so I would very much like to get my table topper done. I had planned to do it after the holidays, but I’ll see if I can move it up and still complete my Christmas crafting.

I’ll be working this week on the CCS motif calendars. I have the January ones finished which are for Christmas gifts. I also want to get the February ones done so that there won’t be any pressure with those. I also hope to get a couple of do-it-all bins made for DSonsIL; and I’ll be doing some knitting of headbands.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Everybody must be busy this week!
Tea bag holder was delivered. Bib is done and delivered. Cut fabric and finished another ornament. Need to clean up the sewing room and want to start work on a quilt.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I did get the February CCS calendar motifs mounted, so the rest of them will be tabled till after Christmas and December birthday gifts are completed. I made one Do-It-All Bin, but I'm not very happy with it; so it may be back to the drawing board for DSonsIL hand-made gifts. I may decide not to do any for them. Guys are hard.

I'm finding the knit headbands addictive. I've made four of them and have two WIPs. One is waiting for DD to give me DGD's head measurement so I can finish it for her. I like the English Mock Ribbing used in the pattern, but I also want to try making one with a herringbone stitch to see how that would work.

I had some old calendars I wanted to try making envelopes with. They turned out so darn cute! Late one night I was on my way to bed and just stopped in the studio to turn the light out., but decided to cut one envelope out just to see how the it would look. I couldn't stop. Each one seemed even cuter than the last one. I want to send some to DGDs self-addressed to me, so they can send me letters and artwork. Now I want to start sending snail-mail just to use some of them myself.

Reactions: luludou