Crafters Challenge October 17th~~24th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
So what progress have you made this past week?

I have finished the 5 (well 6 to send the host one) ornaments for the 1 ornament swap I am in. I went ahead and did the snowman that I had posted on my blog. I like it but then again I wonder about it.

I need to find my list and see where I am at.

My vanilla I am still shaking every so often.

I have the material to make my 2 co-workers each a set of 6 criss cross coasters. Debating on doing 2 other sets for a friend in Iowa and then my boss/friend. These go really FAST once you start.

Have to do the fabric tic tac toe game that I thought would be fun for my 2 nieces and 1 nephew.

In the past I had purchased a panel for a pegiun tree skirt that I would like to do for DD so will see. This will wait till a day I am off and she is at work or a time that I know she will be gone.

Since my mom decided to do denim purses and aprons for the kids I don't have to think about that. :( Will just have to see where I am at on them. Might just be a Wal-Mart GC to finish them up.

Keep crafting away ladies and let us know how you are doing.

Have a GREAT crafting week.

Last edited:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
My DGD & I have been working on baby gift sets...I posted some more pics in our album here....

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Don't know if I will have time todo anything this week. I have to finish some online training for work. Should have done it today on my day off but those dang facebook games get me everytime I turn on the computer.

This is Kenny's last week of football practice with his last game this coming Saturday, they want him to play flag where he is playing but we decided were coming back to a real team and hes going to play here.

Makayla has practice 5 nights a week now getting ready for the next comp. on Nov.6th, the team she cheers for had their last game this past sat and ended the regular season 8-0, so now on to playoffs which start this coming Sunday night luckly its home because they are the undefeated team in the district. Then after this games could be friday, saturday, sunday right up to state championship in New Jersey Nov. 7th.

Oh yea add in there Kenny is starting wrestling next week too. I am also hoping that David starts Basketball next week. I payed to many years for him to play youth basket ball and being 14 and almost 6 foot now it would be a waste if he doesn't. just need to get it thru his head

With these kids I really am having a hard time finding time todo anything I want to

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
You ladies are quite busy. Thank you Lana I enjoy crafting with my DGD. We're working on a baby cocoon now

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Sewed dd's halloween little red riding hood cape. Made dh's zulu walking stick. Sewed DH's zulu skirt but need to add leopard pring to it.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, sounds like you had a good day off getting stuff done!

KimD, I don't know how you get anything done with all the activities that your kids are in. You will be lost when they start driving!!!!

Tricia, as I have said before~~you are making great memories for your DGD.

I painted my heads again this a.m. so going to check them now. Even with a primer on it seems to be soaking in. Makes 2 coats of primer and 3 white.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
Well, here I am again, still talking about those darn pillowcases! I've decided on the design, did a test stitchout, washed the pillowcases and now I need to get a spool of thread at JoAnn's and get this never ending job finished. Then I want to make a new set of toss pillows for the chairs in our hearth room. But I won't let myself get to that before these monograms are finished!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Snickerdoodle, I know how it is for a project to drag out~~~but little by little you are getting there. Get those done and then your new pillows can be made and done for the holidays!

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
Thanks for the encouragement Lana!! I need all I can get. I will post with the good news when I'm finished, hopefully this week.

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Sounds like a busy crafting week for everyone!

I am working on my knitting project this week (tote bag). I have to do 64 rounds before next Monday. I'm sure I'll do a little sewing inbetween rows, but nothing major this week.

charscorner

Retire Member
Jan 7, 2010
My goals for the rest of the month are looking pretty good now.

The last two fleece Christmas stockings are completed so we all have new, larger stockings this year. The plastic canvas Christmas cube is assembled ready to give to an elderly friend. I thought the little blocks spelling Merry Christmas/Happy New Year still needed to be assembled but much to my surprise all three sets were finished earlier and already in the gift closet. That was a relief since the plastic canvas gift items will be given to the recipients in early December.

All that remains as gifts to make are a couple of bookmarkers for my husband. Those will be very easy and quick to make.

The embroidery of the last square for the decorative holiday pillow top could be finished yet this week. Then the dual sided pillow can be created. There is plenty of time for the next phase of this project so no pressure now.

I have finally settled on the style for the cold weather curtains for the kitchen
so hopefully next week that project will seriously begin. Once the pieces are cut the stitching will go quickly.

You crafters are making great headway on your goals. Keep up the good work and remember even little steps add up to completion of goals.

Charlotte

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Charlotte, great news that the 3 sets of blocks are done. Bet they are nice loking. Good Job on the stockings too. I made 3 back in July with material that I had brought years ago for that.

Carol, so proud of you knitting. Can't wait to see pictures of it and also of your sewing.

I have my cricut working on snowflakes now and I finished printing recipes this a.m.. My heads still aren't painting to my satisfaction. Have did several of them before and can't remember what I used. Hate that!

We are doing GREAT ladies~~~~keep on a craftin!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Tonight my DGD & I worked on a drink container(like you get from Sonic). We're doing it for the Bingo funderaiser. I have to put a few more things on it...then will post a pick. We did it in a Fall/Thanksgiving design...

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I just uploaded pics of the drink container we did for the fundraiser, in the community section here...

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Trisha, that is neat! I have some of them sitting around here waiting to be done. A couple years back on 1 of Cathymacs blogs she had pictures of hers and if I remember, I think she put bread or mixes in for neighbors for Christmas morning.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I remember Cathymac doing them that's where I got the idea:) You can put anything that will fit in there. It's hard to tell from the pics(don't do it justice) but we have a book, pen, sticky notes, jar candle, votive holder with a candle, a couple of Avon samples and an angel candle holder in it...

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana when they start driving I will still be there. Yes I talked David into trying out for basketball. The kid loves it I just think its a waste that he isn't playing. So we will find out Friday if he makes the team

Just like I thought I haven't had anytime for crafts but will get there when I really need too.